• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Am I the only person who never saw Cloud & Tifa as a thing?

User Info: Silver_Lynel

Silver_Lynel
2 months ago#411
Teepo posted...
no where in that text did I imply I shipped him with either Aerith or Tifa, i simply outed out that he didn't display any overtly romantic interest in Tifa after he got his memories back, it was more like, "oh yeah that's why I did all that stuff X years ago, boy the things kids do." insert comedic sound effect, then cut to Tifa still pining for him.

No it wasn't, I posted the game script a few pages back and you obviously ignored it, Cloud literally says word for word to "tell him when he wakes up, he'll be really happy" with respect to Tifa constantly reading the paper to see how he was doing. And again, the last f***ing thing he does before he goes into his mako coma is risk his life against what was seen as the most powerful man in the world in order to save the girl he loves.

The fact that the game ends very quickly after Cloud wakes from the lifestream, they didn't have time to give you a long romance subplot, they still threw in the highwind scene but that apparently wasn't enough of a hint for some people.

User Info: orah

orah
2 months ago#412
>follows tifa around since practically birth
>was jealous she didn't have a social life with him
>blamed himself when she fell from the cliff because he didn't save her in time, even though he was like 10, and carried the shame his entire life
>specifically goes to shinra to become a hero and let her know he will protect her at 12yrs old
>he flopped at shinra but still stayed because he couldn't face going back
(BONUS:
>gently and endearingly strokes her face when she's unconscious in the reactor)
>reveals he still has these feelings at 21

what the f*** else do y'all need for proof ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ they literally f***ed and y'all still rubbing your heads about it, for what? you're blind or a shipper, there's no in-between. get over it

Silver_Lynel
2 months ago#413
orah posted...
>follows tifa around since practically birth
>was jealous she didn't have a social life with him
>blamed himself when she fell from the cliff because he didn't save her in time, even though he was like 10, and carried the shame his entire life
>specifically goes to shinra to become a hero and let her know he will protect her at 12yrs old
>he flopped at shinra but still stayed because he couldn't face going back
(BONUS:
>gently and endearingly strokes her face when she's unconscious in the reactor)
>reveals he still has these feelings at 21

what the f*** else do y'all need for proof ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ they literally f***ed and y'all still rubbing your heads about it, for what? you're blind or a shipper, there's no in-between. get over it

I think there are a lot of shippers that play dumb about it, since they know when they start making the Aerith arguments where its going, because those have been debunked mercilessly for years, its much easier to argue against Tifa.

Also I peeped TC's post history and now I'm convinced this is just an elaborate troll, not necessarily for shipping purposes just to rile people, so kudos.

orah
2 months ago#414
Silver_Lynel posted...
I think there are a lot of shippers that play dumb about it, since they know when they start making the Aerith arguments where its going, because those have been debunked mercilessly for years, its much easier to argue against Tifa.

Also I peeped TC's post history and now I'm convinced this is just an elaborate troll, not necessarily for shipping purposes just to rile people, so kudos.
okay then that makes more sense considering how fast TC abandoned the thread

User Info: GodinMinaar

GodinMinaar
2 months ago#415
I have to be honest, I've never pursued Aerith, if you didn't see the romance in Tifa, then you might have been choosing the other options?? Of course the imagination in the original could have been a driving force.
I hope they make remake so large that I can spend fifty years strolling through it

User Info: judgexp

judgexp
2 months ago#416
Dunno. Got some gay friends that could convince you cloud is hot for sephi.

User Info: MEGAze

MEGAze
2 months ago#417
Silver_Lynel posted...
No it wasn't, I posted the game script a few pages back and you obviously ignored it, Cloud literally says word for word to "tell him when he wakes up, he'll be really happy" with respect to Tifa constantly reading the paper to see how he was doing. And again, the last f***ing thing he does before he goes into his mako coma is risk his life against what was seen as the most powerful man in the world in order to save the girl he loves.

The fact that the game ends very quickly after Cloud wakes from the lifestream, they didn't have time to give you a long romance subplot, they still threw in the highwind scene but that apparently wasn't enough of a hint for some people.
That's circle logic. You can't say he loves her because he risked his life because he loves her. You can risk your life for anyone.
RebelOfDaNew: https://t2m.io/PF0B2HLT
DallasTheManipulator: https://t2m.io/VyVj1lT5

Silver_Lynel
2 months ago#418
MEGAze posted...
That's circle logic. You can't say he loves her because he risked his life because he loves her. You can risk your life for anyone.
Right, but itโ€™s reasonable to infer his motivation unless youโ€™re completely unfamiliar with human emotion.

orah
2 months ago#419
GodinMinaar posted...
I have to be honest, I've never pursued Aerith, if you didn't see the romance in Tifa, then you might have been choosing the other options?? Of course the imagination in the original could have been a driving force.
people just can't get over that if you thought cloud and aerith had a chance, you were duped. all of the "romance" was 100% player projection and choice, it is was YOU who "loved" her, not cloud. and that's great, because you were supposed to believe the opposite before she died. but at the end you realize she was nothing but a red herring and a plot device and she never would have stood a chance even if she was alive and cloud had regained his mind.

User Info: EpsteinBarr

EpsteinBarr
2 months ago#420
Whatโ€™s the chances this topic goes to 500?
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Am I the only person who never saw Cloud & Tifa as a thing?
  • Topic Archived