• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Am I the only person who never saw Cloud & Tifa as a thing?

User Info: Teepo

Teepo
1 month ago#1
I was looking at some fan videos of the two that implied that they are in a relationship, and I started scratching my head, because from what I could remember of the original they never explicitly said anything about loving each other like that, Tifa could have went either way I think, but I find it hard to believe they would date, as all their interactions seemed mere friend or associate like. You could make Cloud respond once or twice like he wanted Tifa or was with her in some ways, but it all seemed rather coy if not playful but not serious.

Like the one instance after the first mako reactor mission where after Cloud wakes up you have the option of saying something like, "Sleeping next to you who couldn't sleep well." and saying something else. and Tifa's like, "I don't know what you're talking about." and takes a coy stance. Cloud is the only person from her past that is still alive (assuming her martial arts teacher is still alive by the opening of the game or not.), that would make them close no matter what, and while I'm not expect on how Tifa's mind works since shes a fictional character and her thoughts only go as far as the writers/directors want them to go, I just never saw them beyond good friends who kind of depended on each other a lot.
Teepo, the Dark Dragon of Destiny.

User Info: silverden75

silverden75
1 month ago#2
Teepo posted...
I was looking at some fan videos of the two that implied that they are in a relationship, and I started scratching my head, because from what I could remember of the original they never explicitly said anything about loving each other like that, Tifa could have went either way I think, but I find it hard to believe they would date, as all their interactions seemed mere friend or associate like. You could make Cloud respond once or twice like he wanted Tifa or was with her in some ways, but it all seemed rather coy if not playful but not serious.

Like the one instance after the first mako reactor mission where after Cloud wakes up you have the option of saying something like, "Sleeping next to you who couldn't sleep well." and saying something else. and Tifa's like, "I don't know what you're talking about." and takes a coy stance. Cloud is the only person from her past that is still alive (assuming her martial arts teacher is still alive by the opening of the game or not.), that would make them close no matter what, and while I'm not expect on how Tifa's mind works since shes a fictional character and her thoughts only go as far as the writers/directors want them to go, I just never saw them beyond good friends who kind of depended on each other a lot.

for me they felt like friends more than lovers.
but then again im a big aerith cloud shipper.
just a normal hermit with an obsession with stories.

User Info: Brocknoth

Brocknoth
1 month ago#3
That's the beauty of the original. The resolution of the "love triangle" was never clear.
"You don't scare me. I play Touhou."
~ http://www.backloggery.com/brocknoth ~

User Info: silverden75

silverden75
1 month ago#4
Brocknoth posted...
That's the beauty of the original. The resolution of the "love triangle" was never clear.

this isnt everyone but people tend to forget there WAS a love triangle.
just a normal hermit with an obsession with stories.

User Info: Crazy_Cobalion

Crazy_Cobalion
1 month ago#5
Cloud taps both. Triangle solved.
Jesus is God incarnate.

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
1 month ago#6
Always saw it as Cloud and Tifa being a thing. Then the ultimania, the novels, the rest of the comp, side games like kh and Dissidia all went with Cloud and T being together.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
1 month ago#7
I never didn't see them as a thing.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: Razum

Razum
1 month ago#8
Brocknoth posted...

Sure it was. Even if we assume Tifa and Cloud weren't together at the end of the game, it's no longer a love triangle when one of the sides is dead.
3DS FC - 2406-5149-2592
UMvC 3 Teams: Haggar/P.Wright/Spencer - Haggar/Shuma/Felicia - Haggar/Hulk/Sentinal

User Info: lorddrakath1522

lorddrakath1522
1 month ago#9
That's a new level of dense here, anime main couple not realizing they're in love with each other dense.

Razum posted...
Sure it was. Even if we assume Tifa and Cloud weren't together at the end of the game, it's no longer a love triangle when one of the sides is dead.

Sephiroth did Cloud a favor there, don't have to choose if one of then is dead.

User Info: saint_zodiac

saint_zodiac
1 month ago#10
Im sure Tifa wanted it to be a thing , but it is obvious that it wasn't going to happen and when Aerith came in the picture it is obvious she was able tobge in where Tifa could not. Odds are upon her Death Cloud ahut down in a way that only being there for him was Tifa's way to love him.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Am I the only person who never saw Cloud & Tifa as a thing?
  • Topic Archived