• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. POLL: would you rather have FF VII Remake or....

User Info: breastmilk

breastmilk
1 month ago#1
Would you rather have Final Fantasy Remake? Or Verum Rex as Final Fantasy XVI - Results (212 votes)
FF VII Remake
81.6% (173 votes)
Verum Rex as FF XVI
18.4% (39 votes)
This poll is now closed.
https://youtu.be/_RRefXawjnM

Verum Rex is a fictional game in the Kingdom Hearts 3 world. Pretty much this is what Nomura would do if he got to create a new FF game. Which one would you rather have?

User Info: SaintAkira7

SaintAkira7
1 month ago#2
FF7R, but Verum Rex shares more than a few passing similarities with XV, almost to the point where it seems like Nomura is goddamn determined to make that game, in some form or another.

Verum Rex will be the stopgap game between numbered KH titles, calling it now. :P
PSN: SaintAkira42
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/18491169/

User Info: SavenForever

SavenForever
1 month ago#3
At least with FFVII Remake, it has a good story, setting, etc. to work off of. Other FF games need to impress nearly right away due to the high expectations the games are put through. Both FFXVI and Verum Rex would be both "let me see more" before making a decision before release.

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
1 month ago#4
lol you mean Nomura's ego not being able to let go of his FFXV / Versus XIII vision?

User Info: breastmilk

breastmilk
1 month ago#5
blitz_0623 posted...
lol you mean Nomura's ego not being able to let go of his FFXV / Versus XIII vision?
I see lots of people (maybe just concern trolls) saying they wish we were getting XVI instead.

Well, Verum Rex is pretty much what we’d be getting if Nomura were working on FF XVI instead of the remake. Is this really what we would prefer?

User Info: ExperiencePoint

ExperiencePoint
1 month ago#6
That makes no sense, VII Remake is what it is it can't be FF XVI.

As for FF XVI I would prefer Visual Works Character Prototype it looks just perfect to me. Modern Tokyo as setting, hot female protagonist and android at that literally my dream game but I know it will never happen since people prefer boring old medieval fantasy with dwares and elves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahcgkIruXwc

I also wouldn't mind Agny or Verum Rex for that matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVX0OUO9ptU

Square had made all these great tech demos with which they are probably not going to do anything. I wish they were more like Quantic Dream which pretty much made almost all their tech demos into games.

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
1 month ago#7
breastmilk posted...
I see lots of people (maybe just concern trolls) saying they wish we were getting XVI instead.

Well, Verum Rex is pretty much what we’d be getting if Nomura were working on FF XVI instead of the remake. Is this really what we would prefer?
No way Verum Rex would be XVI even if they put Nomura in charge of it. It's a direct carbon copy of his Versus vision that he really just put in KH3. I highly doubt he forces it into XVI, but I'm sure he will reuse most of his ideas that were taken out of XV

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
1 month ago#8
FFVII-R of course,lmao

....but i wouldnt mind VR taking place of the next KH (so nope, not the place for the next FFXVI), but that's just my wishful thinking since personally im not exactly very fond of Disney so i would prefer a KH-like game with only SE's original character and world.
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."

User Info: Arsene-Lupin

Arsene-Lupin
1 month ago#9
Verum Rex is a parody of FFXV that doesn't understand FFXV is a self-parody.
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."

User Info: Argonar_Alfaran

Argonar_Alfaran
1 month ago#10
The remake.

and then

XVI a classic fantasy setting
XVII a science fantasy setting
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. POLL: would you rather have FF VII Remake or....
  • Topic Archived