• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. What if people over-level like crazy before the next part of the game?

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
1 month ago#11
Wouldn’t be surprised. I over level in every FF. Think I was lvl 50 before fighting Seph in Crisis Core.

User Info: Perkolator

Perkolator
4 weeks ago#12
I highly doubt anything will carry over between each game/part. How I would handle the carry over situation is enemies give diminishing returns on exp depending on how high your level is compared to theirs until they eventually stop giving you exp. When you beat the game, the game then forces you to make a clear save file and this is the only file you can transfer over to the next game. This way, your level, weapons, materia, and accessories can be limited to not break the second part. Reloading this save puts you in the end game for part 1 which has beefed up enemies, non canon super bosses, and other various trials that let you get super OP just for part 1.

User Info: Rikkus_dad

Rikkus_dad
4 weeks ago#13
I'm expecting us to start over at lowest level for each new instalment, but with some carry-over bonuses from the previous ones.
If you don't care about something, then it's "I couldn't care less" NOT "I could care less"! Why do so many English speakers get this wrong?

User Info: cjtencounter

cjtencounter
4 weeks ago#14
I'm just wondering this:

Will you still be able to go to places you have visited in the first part in the 2nd part? When you get the highwind...
TOP 5 consoles: 1. PS1 | 2. PS2 | 3. NES | 4. Genesis | 5. PS3

User Info: Evan_Forever

Evan_Forever
4 weeks ago#15
cjtencounter posted...
I'm just wondering this:

Will you still be able to go to places you have visited in the first part in the 2nd part? When you get the highwind...

Well either:
  • Those "two blu ray discs" are included in each part where you can backtrack or
  • You're required to have bought that part to backtrack
They're the only options. Of course it's not as bad as this since a lot of that data would be cutscene animations + voices etc that won't be used in different parts, but who knows what percentage that counts as.
(message deleted)

cjtencounter
4 weeks ago#17
sano83 posted...
You are not able to backtrack to Midgar until half of the game later, so I wouldn't think that anyone in part 2 would realistically think they would be able to backtrack to part 1.

As for the leveles, there are ways to do it, and we don't know.

Yeah, well...for Midgar sure. But, well, I guess we don't know exactly where the first part leaves off at so we can't be sure.
I guess we really don't start backtracking until disc 2, huh? When we get the highwind. But still, even after you make it past the Zolom you can...- oh no wait! Aha, you need the chocobo to cross the marsh. And the chocobo runs off as you mount off it. So essentially, even if you want to go back you'll have to fight the Zolom and at that point in the game it's essentially impossible.
Now, the way around this in the remake is if they decide to make this Zolom a super boss in the first part, which I have already seem some users mention as a possibility.

So basically, I guess it'll work like it did back on PS1...everything will still be on disc to backtrack too.
(message deleted)

User Info: Locke_Leonhart

Locke_Leonhart
4 weeks ago#19
Lewkis posted...
Because it isn't going to be "parts" (as in Back to the Future part 1-3 etc). Each game is going to be its own installment.

Exactly, the second game is going to be a different thing, completely.

Like KH or FFXIII trilogy games, just wait and see.

cjtencounter
4 weeks ago#20
Locke_Leonhart posted...
Exactly, the second game is going to be a different thing, completely.

Like KH or FFXIII trilogy games, just wait and see.

I swear to god if each instalment is going to play differently and have different battle mechanics/system I'm not going to support it. If it's not kept cohesive, then I simply just cannot accept that.
If all the parts feel TOO detached from one another, it's going to break the entire flow and immersion.

1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. What if people over-level like crazy before the next part of the game?
  • Topic Archived