• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. PSA Watchmen of Fate

User Info: cjtencounter

cjtencounter
2 months ago#11
madmatt posted...
@cjtencounter what are you talking about? I'm more hyped about this game than anyone else.

I'm not suggesting people shouldn't buy it. I'm just doing this community a service and letting you all know the truth vs that misinformation I've seen spreading like a wild fire in California.

I for one think this game is going to be cool as hell. But watchmen of fate sounds lame as hell. There were NO watchmen of fate in ff7. There wasnt gods and higher dimensional beings. There was the planet and there was ancient knowledge condensed into a stream. That was f***ing it. And it was f***ing lit

We dont need no watchmen of fate and if they are jenova related then that's a terrible name for them since jenova isnt some watcher or guardian. She's a diabolical harbinger of mass extinction

Yeah, ok....but this element is going to be in the game whether you like it or not. So, how can you possibly think this game will be good if you don't agree with this concept?

But I do kinda see where you're coming from? This is kind of a big change to the story they are throwing in there. And if this is the element that will be the story's central focus then it DOES have a huge potential for Square ruining FFVIIR's awesome vibes.

As of right now, I haven't seen enough how this plays out into the story....it could either be a successful inclusion or a failed one. The game at this point is actually hyping me a little TOO much and looks too good to be true. I'm afraid that often when I feel this I turn out to be strongly disappointed.

I swear, if the ONCE IN A LIFETIME chance we get FFVII remade and Square completely destroys its greatness I might fall into a severe depression lol. From a total HYPE feeling to a total dead feeling inside. I'd have to pop in the original and play it again to overcome it haha and envision what a tru........errr nevermind, let's not even go there right now. THINK POSITIVE!
TOP 5 consoles: 1. PS1 | 2. PS2 | 3. NES | 4. Genesis | 5. PS3

User Info: Evan_Forever

Evan_Forever
2 months ago#12
cjtencounter posted...
Yeah, ok....but this element is going to be in the game whether you like it or not. So, how can you possibly think this game will be good if you don't agree with this concept?

But I do kinda see where you're coming from? This is kind of a big change to the story they are throwing in there. And if this is the element that will be the story's central focus then it DOES have a huge potential for Square ruining FFVIIR's awesome vibes.

As of right now, I haven't seen enough how this plays out into the story....it could either be a successful inclusion or a failed one. The game at this point is actually hyping me a little TOO much and looks too good to be true. I'm afraid that often when I feel this I turn out to be strongly disappointed.

I swear, if the ONCE IN A LIFETIME chance we get FFVII remade and Square completely destroys its greatness I might fall into a severe depression lol. From a total HYPE feeling to a total dead feeling inside. I'd have to pop in the original and play it again to overcome it haha and envision what a tru........errr nevermind, let's not even go there right now. THINK POSITIVE!

Bro the one reason you have for thinking this will be good is that it uses the FF7 IP. Think about that and maybe deal with that depression before this game comes out don't want to see you hurt

User Info: spccew

spccew
2 months ago#13
Yeah, all the trailers and details we've gotten so far all just go to show how bad this game truly is.

If it was called Midgar, you wouldn't be interested at all.

Time to storm the offices of SE and let them know we won't stand for these terrible design choices.

User Info: BrightShield786

BrightShield786
2 months ago#14
Potion: 50 Gil

Phoenix Down: 300 Gil

Watching the heartless be forced into FFVII: Priceless
"Hey, lady, I put the kiddies to sleep. Permanently." - Yuri Hyuga - Shadow Hearts

User Info: Dropped_Emil

Dropped_Emil
2 months ago#15
BrightShield786 posted...

If that were to literally happen, it would be one of those it's so bad it's good type situations.

BrightShield786
2 months ago#16
Dropped_Emil posted...
If that were to literally happen, it would be one of those it's so bad it's good type situations.
The watchmen of fate are close enough already, and it’s hilarious.
"Hey, lady, I put the kiddies to sleep. Permanently." - Yuri Hyuga - Shadow Hearts

User Info: unitedinkilling

unitedinkilling
2 months ago#17

watchmen of fate corrupting ur party and u have to rescue them..hmmmmmmmmm

User Info: Dropped_Emil

Dropped_Emil
2 months ago#18
The watchmen of fate are close enough already, and it’s hilarious.
But now I'm picturing the cute little shadow heartless dramatically taking over Midgar. One dressed like Sephiroth too. It's an amusing mental image.

unitedinkilling posted...
watchmen of fate corrupting ur party and u have to rescue them..hmmmmmmmmm
KHIII taught me that you can save any friend from corruption by beating the s*** out of them.

BrightShield786
2 months ago#19
Dropped_Emil posted...
But now I'm picturing the cute little shadow heartless dramatically taking over Midgar. One dressed like Sephiroth too. It's an amusing mental image.
I can’t deny that it would be awesome on some twisted level. lol

User Info: Rikkus_dad

Rikkus_dad
2 months ago#20
KeeperOfShadows posted...
Meanwhile magic, aliens, and a sword bigger than it's wielder are completely realistic. Never mind that what they're called has little bearing on what they actually are. "Jenova" doesn't sound particularly extraterrestrial either, ya know.
It's not about realism, you missed his point completely.
If you don't care about something, then it's "I couldn't care less" NOT "I could care less"! Why do so many English speakers get this wrong?
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. PSA Watchmen of Fate
  • Topic Archived