• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. PSA Watchmen of Fate

User Info: madmatt

madmatt
1 month ago#1
Possible spoilers

To stop the continuance of misinformation I would like to inform you all that the watchmen of fate are not a scrapped concept from og ff7.

They were derived from a early game script that involved being stalked by floating pieces of jenova cloaked in robes. Basically, this idea is what led to the sephiroth clones idea you can find all over the planet at different times leading up to the reuinion.

So they took a cool idea and potentially turned it into a dumb as s*** one if it turns out these spectres are some fal'cie type of upper god crap...

Now, IF these watchmen of fate turn out to be pieces of jenova, cool...

But the name "watchmen of fate" doesnt sound extraterrestrial at all. It sounds like some lame bulls*** that had no business in a game grounded in concept of reality (eco terrorists, corporate greed, mental disease)

I'm not posting a source. Go do your own google search. If you cant be bothered to do so or are too lazy then I pity the foo.
There are no decisions that come regret free...

User Info: DanielsonsXe

DanielsonsXe
1 month ago#2
Ah, matt. What was this board like before you got here?
PSN: NinjaLeonhart

User Info: Evan_Forever

Evan_Forever
1 month ago#3
Yes I see thank you for the information. I was convinced that these were a scrapped concept from ff7 and thought there was a chance it would be a good addition. Oh well maybe the new organisation 13 member will still be good.

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
1 month ago#4
Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This board is afraid of me. I've seen its true face. The topics are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their hentai and murder will foam up about their waists and all the fanboys and flamers will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down, and whisper "No."
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP7lOxq8wmo8EACam5yamFuseoWkDOplr
GameFAQs Lounge playlist.

User Info: ifnsman

ifnsman
1 month ago#5
Here I was, expecting to see a Watchmen x FFVII crossover.
8/6/2018: 32nd Anniversary of the Metroid series / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFsaehtn-z4 (Woot!!)

User Info: omgeleventytwo

omgeleventytwo
1 month ago#6
I'd say they're quite obviously Jenova related or susceptible to her influence seeing as the only two instances we've seen of them so far, they've gone directly after Aerith (attacking her for the first time she meets Cloud) and Tifa (physically grabbing her arm and trying to pull her away from Cloud whilst the others swarm about trying to keep people off guard, right after she and Cloud have a reminiscing session). Tifa and Aerith are two pieces to the puzzle of Cloud Strife and have the means of unravelling what happened to him and possibly preventing him from taking part in the Reunion. They kind of have another reason to go after Aerith too but singling out Tifa the way they did was probably due to Zack and what she knows. They could go another way but from what I can see, the watchmen make absolute sense by looking ahead and seeing them as something that will flesh out the future. It'd also enhance Tifa's role a little, making her a threat to the antagonists.

Stories arent just about what you see right in front of you, as you see them. A good story is about layers and foundation that builds relevance to future points. Even if their motives and existence in part 1 isnt clear, it doesnt mean it WON'T be, it just means it isn't time yet. FF7 original was extremely barebones with its script and exposition, a lot of stuff was just expecting us to make assumptions, some of the party members never even talked to each other once. The remake has a chance to show those assumptions as tools for character and plot development.

If I was remaking this game, id sit back and look at every character, every relationship. I'd say what is their motivation? What would they do to ensure they reach their goal? Who could stand in the way of it? I'd imagine the devs did this and in the process, uncovered a LOT of ways to use the pieces on the playing board. People gotta stop being afraid just for the sake of being afraid. Theres more than enough real things to be afraid of.

User Info: Dropped_Emil

Dropped_Emil
1 month ago#7
omgeleventytwo posted...
[omgelenvetytwo's theorizing]
I admit I'm indifferent to the watchmen of fate, they haven't piqued my curiosity, but I like this interpretation.

Or that they're something entirely else. Neither fal'cie type beings or Jenova related.

User Info: KeeperOfShadows

KeeperOfShadows
1 month ago#8
madmatt posted...
But the name "watchmen of fate" doesnt sound extraterrestrial at all. It sounds like some lame bulls*** that had no business in a game grounded in concept of reality (eco terrorists, corporate greed, mental disease)

Meanwhile magic, aliens, and a sword bigger than it's wielder are completely realistic. Never mind that what they're called has little bearing on what they actually are. "Jenova" doesn't sound particularly extraterrestrial either, ya know.

User Info: cjtencounter

cjtencounter
1 month ago#9
madmatt posted...
Possible spoilers

To stop the continuance of misinformation I would like to inform you all that the watchmen of fate are not a scrapped concept from og ff7.

They were derived from a early game script that involved being stalked by floating pieces of jenova cloaked in robes. Basically, this idea is what led to the sephiroth clones idea you can find all over the planet at different times leading up to the reuinion.

So they took a cool idea and potentially turned it into a dumb as s*** one if it turns out these spectres are some fal'cie type of upper god crap...

Now, IF these watchmen of fate turn out to be pieces of jenova, cool...

I'm not posting a source. Go do your own google search. If you cant be bothered to do so or are too lazy then I pity the foo.

Damn, you're making it a life-long journey and FULL-time job in trashing this game. Congrats. How much are you getting paid for each individual who gets converted into your beliefs this game will suck.

Man, you're part of what makes the internet and social media trash.
TOP 5 consoles: 1. PS1 | 2. PS2 | 3. NES | 4. Genesis | 5. PS3

User Info: madmatt

madmatt
1 month ago#10
@cjtencounter what are you talking about? I'm more hyped about this game than anyone else.

I'm not suggesting people shouldn't buy it. I'm just doing this community a service and letting you all know the truth vs that misinformation I've seen spreading like a wild fire in California.

I for one think this game is going to be cool as hell. But watchmen of fate sounds lame as hell. There were NO watchmen of fate in ff7. There wasnt gods and higher dimensional beings. There was the planet and there was ancient knowledge condensed into a stream. That was f***ing it. And it was f***ing lit

We dont need no watchmen of fate and if they are jenova related then that's a terrible name for them since jenova isnt some watcher or guardian. She's a diabolical harbinger of mass extinction
There are no decisions that come regret free...
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. PSA Watchmen of Fate
  • Topic Archived