• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Will we get to keep saves between the parts?

User Info: Lukas455555

Lukas455555
1 month ago#1
I'm mostly thinking about what happens if you get some rare equips after some hard work/quest and then 10 min into part 2 they are outclassed lol
We are born of the memes, made men by the memes, undone by the memes. Fear the old memes.
- Master Willem. Memesborne

User Info: VanilleHopen

VanilleHopen
1 month ago#2
Dunno.. If they are doing it like the Trails series than no.
Currently living on Haru's forehead from P5 and I have a huge 20 acre backyard.

User Info: SavenForever

SavenForever
1 month ago#3
Hope so

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
1 month ago#4
No one knows this since SE hasnt said anything on the matter.
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."

User Info: OverlordDeath

OverlordDeath
1 month ago#5
Should be able to, but until SE says something no one will know.

User Info: amerk

amerk
1 month ago#6
Lukas455555 posted...
I'm mostly thinking about what happens if you get some rare equips after some hard work/quest and then 10 min into part 2 they are outclassed lol
There's been at least a dozen recent topics on this. Nobody knows, and most likely SE won't tell us until Part 2 is about to drop, and by then you'll be invested with Part 1 anyways to care even if it does not.

User Info: GodinMinaar

GodinMinaar
1 month ago#7
I would lean toward yes, but no one truly knows.

1.) The invention of internal memory and game installations.
2.) This is one game, one story, broken into parts.
3.) There are dialogue options, experience levels, relationship trees, and unique inventories.

All signs point to yes.
I hope they make remake so large that I can spend fifty years strolling through it

User Info: Ness0123456789

Ness0123456789
1 month ago#8
GodinMinaar posted...
I would lean toward yes, but no one truly knows.

1.) The invention of internal memory and game installations.
2.) This is one game, one story, broken into parts.
3.) There are dialogue options, experience levels, relationship trees, and unique inventories.

All signs point to yes.

See: Xenosaga, Mass Effect, Trails, Ys, Etc.

All signs point to probably not.

It's possible that if there's any major dialogue options or story beats that the player can influence, those will carry over. But the idea that everything from your gear to your levels is going to carry over from one game to the next is pretty silly considering that there are numerous other game series that have done something like what the VII Remake is doing, and offered no carry overs save for a few little easter eggs if you have a save file present when you play the next game.
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI

User Info: Dref151

Dref151
1 month ago#9
Didn't Mass Effect have carry over saves? It's a game I never played but I recall multiple people mentioning it.

User Info: OverlordDeath

OverlordDeath
1 month ago#10
Ness0123456789 posted...
Xenosaga, Mass Effect
Except for those, the main reason your levels and such didn't carry over is due to differing battle and level systems. IIRC, your level carries over from ME 2 to 3, though. Can't say anything about Ys or Trails, but besides that your examples don't negate any of those points, especially the "being one game split into parts" one. There's no reason to think the gameplay will change between parts, thus no reason to think levels won't carry over.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Will we get to keep saves between the parts?
  • Topic Archived