• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Do we know if we can play as different characters in the overworld?

User Info: MistressPaige

MistressPaige
2 days ago#1
I'm curious since we can play and switch between characters during combat and various mini games do we know if we can also play different characters in the overworld? Playing purely as Cloud in the overworld would get pretty boring to me overtime.
"Stay true to yourself, don't just be ordinary be extrordinary!
https://twitter.com/Paige7120
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
2 days ago#2
There won't be an overworld in the first game AFAIK

We don't even know if the next games will have an overworld

Or if you're talking about non-combat situations like walking around sector 7 etc, I doubt we could control other characters, but I'm happy to be proven wrong
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: digidevilwil

digidevilwil
2 days ago#3
No signs of it yet, but given how the combat works in this game, I would like to imagine we could switch the lead character, unless it's just going to be weird and have it auto switch to our lead battle character each time we go into battle.
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/swillo
Twitter - @PandaKingEX, 3rd Place at EVO for Pokken Tournament.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
2 days ago#4
blitz_0623 posted...

Or if you're talking about non-combat situations like walking around sector 7 etc, I doubt we could control other characters, but I'm happy to be proven wrong
Pretty sure that's what they mean, but yeah I also agree at most I think it'll be situational. There have been shots of Barret being controlled to clear debris, and clips of Tifa traversing on her own. Whether that's being able to swap playable characters or just being certain events where the team gets split up is to be seen.

User Info: Leytorn

Leytorn
2 days ago#5
digidevilwil posted...
No signs of it yet
Apart from the TGS trailer showing Tifa monkey-barring outside of battle, and Barret shooting at a wall outside of battle.
I have no time for people who think their opinion equals fact. If you're one of these people, you'll quickly find yourself on my block list.

User Info: GodinMinaar

GodinMinaar
2 days ago#6
No info is really known on part 2.

It would be nice.
It would also be nice if you could swap main characters. Though I doubt they will be willing to add that much work to it.

Cloud being forced into the party was always a slight nuisance.
I hope they make remake so large that I can spend fifty years strolling through it

MistressPaige
2 days ago#7
blitz_0623 posted...
There won't be an overworld in the first game AFAIK

We don't even know if the next games will have an overworld

Yeah sorry outside combat. I’m just used to calling it simply overworld.

User Info: Dropped_Emil

Dropped_Emil
2 days ago#8
With Final Fantasy XIII, Type-0 and XV allowing us to do that and XII outside cities/villages, it would be a shame not to do that with the FFVII remake. Each character has quite a huge fan following.

MistressPaige
2 days ago#9
Dropped_Emil posted...
With Final Fantasy XIII, Type-0 and XV allowing us to do that and XII outside cities/villages, it would be a shame not to do that with the FFVII remake. Each character has quite a huge fan following.

I know it’s one thing that bugged me about dq 11. You were stuck with the hero and couldn’t try out different characters.

User Info: spccew

spccew
1 day ago#10
I have a feeling if this is in the remake, a lot of people will be running around as Tifa. You know, for the view.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Do we know if we can play as different characters in the overworld?
  • Post New Message