• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. I am worried this game will be too short.
jordina posted...
The claws are defo out on this game for any shortcoming it might have
This can be said about any FF title
Currently Playing: Trails of Cold Steel III

User Info: hotblower

hotblower
2 days ago#42
Im worried about how the approach will be after midgar. Will we get a airship? How will the worldmap be used? The battle system looks good and polished.
Most overlooked game of all time Shadowrun (snes)

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
2 days ago#43
It will be. Now you don't have to worry, you can just be angry

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
2 days ago#44
This is definitely looking to be the smallest scale title they've ever produced under the main FF banner. Midgar is a massive city but it is still a city with a small range of area types. The plot they're working with is also kind of your standard A to B linear action story. You don't really just fill that out with more missions for a "complete" game that rivals... really, any of the past Final Fantasy games in terms of adventure or journey. Midgar is really just Streets of Rage 2 to me. At the end, you're just a dude that fought through some hordes of dudes in a bloody day. You didn't partake in or complete a journey that offers perspective on life. In FFVII, it was quite brilliantly framed as the start of a journey.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP7lOxq8wmo8EACam5yamFuseoWkDOplr
GameFAQs Lounge playlist.

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
2 days ago#45
TomorrowDog posted...
This is definitely looking to be the smallest scale title they've ever produced under the main FF banner. Midgar is a massive city but it is still a city with a small range of area types. The plot they're working with is also kind of your standard A to B linear action story. You don't really just fill that out with more missions for a "complete" game that rivals... really, any of the past Final Fantasy games in terms of adventure or journey. Midgar is really just Streets of Rage 2 to me. At the end, you're just a dude that fought through some hordes of dudes in a bloody day. You didn't partake in or complete a journey that offers perspective on life. In FFVII, it was quite brilliantly framed as the start of a journey.
Lightning Returns or XV were probably the shortest games. More locations than this will have, but I’m kinda thinking the story will take longer than either of those.

User Info: Jeroisourosin

Jeroisourosin
2 days ago#46
My plan is to wait for this part to be on sale (at least 50% off). By then the next part will be on its way and if this game is short the price will be more acceptable.
Super speed is most commonly wanted for theft.
Switch FC: SW-3124-7917-9015

User Info: orah

orah
2 days ago#47
AliceRed130 posted...
They didn't have to split it into pieces.
you haven't played the game so you wouldn't know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

User Info: amerk

amerk
2 days ago#48
jordina posted...
spccew posted...
As nitpicky as some of the users here are, that will be one of the first things they notice.

Besides, you know some fan is going to beat the game within hours of touching it. Speedrunning and all that.

No one noticed FFXVs 13 hour story. Mind you are probably right. The claws are defo out on this game for any shortcoming it might have.

Plenty noticed. The board had its share of topics about how short XV was within the first couple months of its release.

But it was quickly dropped when XV's other glaring faults came to light and there were bigger problems to address.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: linkg

linkg
1 day ago#49
The problem is not only that it can be short, but that we are not able to explore Midgard as they say. I doubt if we can get into houses and buildings, we will probably walk on linear streets just like the FFXIII routes and all we will find will be locked doors and windows. I hope I'm wrong.
JamesBR27 posted...
If they already did two parts for FF X and three parts for FF XIII, I have no doubt each chapter of FF VII Remake will be a full game, and the whole chapter collection will be that, a collection.

Those were individual games that followed individual storylines for each game, not actual parts. I think a better example to compare this to is the .hack//gu games, where it was basically split up into three separate parts (games) but they followed one main storyline.
here to enjoy discussing games ~
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. I am worried this game will be too short.
  • Post New Message