• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. I am worried this game will be too short.

User Info: Griznayfiznox

Griznayfiznox
2 days ago#31
I’m just worried ab the changes to the story (the quality of the added content, Sephiroth being introduced waaay to soon in the story).

User Info: EAims

EAims
2 days ago#32
Griznayfiznox posted...
I’m just worried ab the changes to the story (the quality of the added content, Sephiroth being introduced waaay to soon in the story).
He was introduced in midgar in the original too...
A b c d e f guy, h I j k l m n o buddy, q r s t u fwend, w x eh! and (pfft). These are the Canadian ABC's, Susie likes hairy b**** what do you think of these?
(message deleted)

User Info: EAims

EAims
2 days ago#34
zombie_basher13 posted...
How do some people still live under this impression when just Midgar fully remade in today's modern graphics with new content and scenario takes two PS4 blu ray discs?

Do we really want them to make 6 blu ray discs and wait another 10+ years before we get anything? Game development is slow and not easy
I think a lot of people just expect them to take the original code/ graphics/ engine/etc and just flip a switch to make it modern. They don't realize they're making the game from scratch and it'll take a lot longer.

Hell the original game back on the ps1 took about 3 years to make, maybe 2.5 (all i see is 1994 to 1997). Why would anyone expect the same time frame given all the updates? Makes no sense.
A b c d e f guy, h I j k l m n o buddy, q r s t u fwend, w x eh! and (pfft). These are the Canadian ABC's, Susie likes hairy b**** what do you think of these?
Well my post was kinda stupid so I deleted it. AliceRed is fairly right and entitled to that opinion, what Square Enix is doing isn't actually necessary, sure. I guess my real point is that SE is choosing to go overboard and do a full blown remake of an old popular game the likes of which never seen before.

However the fact remains Midgar is still taking 2 discs, SE is saying it's on par with any mainline FF in terms of content, and it's undeniable that all the new things we see such as unreal engine 4 quality of graphics, voice acting, active combat, orchestrated and remixed music over MIDI, and other new features take up a lot of data, so much more data than the PS1 could ever conceive of. I mean that's a fact. PS1 > PS4 is a big gap. You have to take this stuff at face value, and it's better not to just jump to conclusions and say SE should not have done things like this. It's their IP, it's their funding and choice, the fans do not get to decide how it's done no matter how entitled we might feel. Sure, SE could have condensed Midgar to get us out of Midgar faster, I will not deny that was an option, they just elected not to do so and like TC said, the scenario evolved organically to take up a full (2 disc!) game.

We will have to see for ourselves if it's really justified or not, how much padding and filler there might be, and so on. If the game releases as a janky flawed mess akin to FF XV, then all bets are off and the hate and doubt are justified. But I would argue XV was worse off precisely because it had so much cut content.
What are you doing on computer? Go outside it's so beautifulll! Mrawww, c'mahhh!!
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: JamesBR27

JamesBR27
2 days ago#36
If they already did two parts for FF X and three parts for FF XIII, I have no doubt each chapter of FF VII Remake will be a full game, and the whole chapter collection will be that, a collection.
PSN: Same as Above. 34 Years of Gaming Life.
Whoops meant BreakevenCloud who said organically, not TC.
What are you doing on computer? Go outside it's so beautifulll! Mrawww, c'mahhh!!

User Info: shadow666

shadow666
2 days ago#38
zombie_basher13 posted...
I guess my real point is that SE is choosing to go overboard and do a full blown remake of an old popular game the likes of which never seen before.

And to be fair to them, not only is going overboard their style - including with the original FFVII - but many fans have been demanding exactly this. When they released that PS3 tech demo, were people yelling "Yay, give us an FFVII remake, but please be conservative with the presentation because we understand the complexities of modern game development!"? No, they wanted to play that tech demo, and as graphics have advanced, so have their expectations. SE listened to them, if they didn't, they probably wouldn't bother with the remake at all.

Hell, many fans had insisted that it would be no problem if the remake cost x3 the price of a regular game, because everybody would clearly be willing to pay that for what would undoubtedly be the best game ever. Other people loved Midgar so much they claimed they'd love a Midgar-only game. Maybe SE listened even more than we thought.
Nothing to see here.

User Info: FourManSeven

FourManSeven
2 days ago#39
jordina posted...
spccew posted...
As nitpicky as some of the users here are, that will be one of the first things they notice.

Besides, you know some fan is going to beat the game within hours of touching it. Speedrunning and all that.

No one noticed FFXVs 13 hour story. Mind you are probably right. The claws are defo out on this game for any shortcoming it might have.

FFXV's short story is one of the main criticisms of the game. It was definitely noticed. Like...immediately. Not only was it short, it didn't go anywhere. It encompassed four dudes meandering from locale to locale for 8 hours, then bullet trained you to the end
FourManSeven posted...
jordina posted...
spccew posted...
As nitpicky as some of the users here are, that will be one of the first things they notice.

Besides, you know some fan is going to beat the game within hours of touching it. Speedrunning and all that.

No one noticed FFXVs 13 hour story. Mind you are probably right. The claws are defo out on this game for any shortcoming it might have.

FFXV's short story is one of the main criticisms of the game. It was definitely noticed. Like...immediately. Not only was it short, it didn't go anywhere. It encompassed four dudes meandering from locale to locale for 8 hours, then bullet trained you to the end

And none of the side characters got any kind of development. Such a shame
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. I am worried this game will be too short.
  • Post New Message