• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. I am worried this game will be too short.

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
2 days ago#21
Darkinsanity1 posted...
They probably did, or we'd be waiting years more for something to get released. I don't know if you realize how much work a game like this takes to make, specially when they're really trying to keep the original in tact and expand upon it in other areas.
Worse is they would have had to majorly streamline it and cut even more content than the original had cut.

User Info: Darkinsanity1

Darkinsanity1
2 days ago#22
Justicecho posted...
Darkinsanity1 posted...
They probably did, or we'd be waiting years more for something to get released. I don't know if you realize how much work a game like this takes to make, specially when they're really trying to keep the original in tact and expand upon it in other areas.
Worse is they would have had to majorly streamline it and cut even more content than the original had cut.

Yeah, exactly. That's what we don't want them to do with this Remake, if it's going to be successful or even surpass it's predecessor.
Every time you read this, squirrels randomly burst into flames. Think of the squirrels.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Darkinsanity-1468/hero/1924799

User Info: Seraphor

Seraphor
2 days ago#23
spccew posted...
jordina posted...
I expect the main story to be about 15 hours but the expanded midgar will offer a lot of content so no one will notice.

As nitpicky as some of the users here are, that will be one of the first things they notice.

Besides, you know some fan is going to beat the game within hours of touching it. Speedrunning and all that.

The original can be completed in 10 hours
https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/19620823/

User Info: AliceRed130

AliceRed130
2 days ago#24
shadow666 posted...
The difference between each of these full game parts and just remaking the original into a single title, is that the original game had a lot of variety. It had an entire world of vastly different locations, all the wildly different enemy types occupying those locations, a large cast of playable characters to animate, and a wider cast of total characters to provide voice acting for. Back when they were making the original, this was possible. Now, it's just not feasible to design a game that way - FFs didn't get smaller because they just lacked imagination and needed to remake an old game to remember how to create a full world, they just couldn't make the same type of game with their fancy-ass presentation and needed to adapt to the stricter modern limitations. So, simply taking an old game design and applying modern presentation isn't an option. Splitting the game up allows them to adapt each part into a far more feasible project, with each part being marketed and sold by itself to cover its own development cost.

I have my doubts over how substantial a part one that takes place entirely in Midgar will be, but I expect just as much game as I'd get from an original modern SE title. It's largely just because I never liked Midgar as much as other people though, and still aren't excited about remaking it in general.
No it's definitely possible. There are plenty of current gen games that have just as much content as ff7 if not more, and they look absolutely stunning and play wonderfully.
I'm not waiting centuries for people to get woke
I actually would like shorter game, don't really have time to play 200+ hours RPGs anymore, that's why I never finished games like Witcher 3, Skyrim, Assassins Creed Odyssey etc. RPG that takes about 50-80 hours to platinum is perfect length for me. It took me 80 hours to platinum XV if VII Remake will be the same I am fine with it.
jordina posted...
spccew posted...
As nitpicky as some of the users here are, that will be one of the first things they notice.

Besides, you know some fan is going to beat the game within hours of touching it. Speedrunning and all that.

No one noticed FFXVs 13 hour story. Mind you are probably right. The claws are defo out on this game for any shortcoming it might have.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it was one of the first things people noticed about ffxv, especially since tabata originally claimed main story alone would be around 40 hours. But I digress. I'm like the other guy, I'm really not expecting this game to be more than 15-20 hours for the main story.
here to enjoy discussing games ~

User Info: SoaD0031

SoaD0031
2 days ago#27
i am not worried
SF V: KOOPA_TROOPA
PSN: SoaD_009

User Info: shadow666

shadow666
2 days ago#28
AliceRed130 posted...
No it's definitely possible. There are plenty of current gen games that have just as much content as ff7 if not more, and they look absolutely stunning and play wonderfully.

Yes, there are, because they were designed with the current generation and were mindful of their limitations. The issue is not that they can't have both content and presentation. The issue is that they can't copy a whole design from much simpler times and expect it to work in a modern production with all the modern advancements. Game production has changed too much for that to always be a viable option. We're still going to get both content and looks, and apparently pretty good gameplay, out of FFVIIR:Part 1, they just can't manage all the sights of the original game in a single title, so they split it up and expand each part out into a full game that's far more manageable than a 1:1 remake of the entire original would be.
Nothing to see here.

User Info: AliceRed130

AliceRed130
2 days ago#29
shadow666 posted...
Yes, there are, because they were designed with the current generation and were mindful of their limitations. The issue is not that they can't have both content and presentation. The issue is that they can't copy a whole design from much simpler times and expect it to work in a modern production with all the modern advancements. Game production has changed too much for that to always be a viable option. We're still going to get both content and looks, and apparently pretty good gameplay, out of FFVIIR:Part 1, they just can't manage all the sights of the original game in a single title, so they split it up and expand each part out into a full game that's far more manageable than a 1:1 remake of the entire original would be.
Dude, it was like a 100 hour game. We have plenty of those with even more content. It's completely doable.

Most of areas themselves weren't even big. Just a bunch of incredibly small towns or trails separated by a world map. Wasn't even open world lol. All this stuff they're redoing like making Midgar a full fledged city big enough to fit in its own 20 hour game is just completely unnecessary. You're really going to tell me they're doing less work by making like 3 full games instead of just 1 that's more accurate to the original?
I'm not waiting centuries for people to get woke

User Info: Duey

Duey
2 days ago#30
Define "too short".
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. I am worried this game will be too short.
  • Post New Message