• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. I am worried this game will be too short.

User Info: EAims

EAims
2 days ago#11
Well I've payed full price for games that I've beaten within 8 hours. I'd prefer this to be quite a bit longer, and hopeful that it is, but if it's a high quality 8 hours then I'll still be happy.
A b c d e f guy, h I j k l m n o buddy, q r s t u fwend, w x eh! and (pfft). These are the Canadian ABC's, Susie likes hairy b**** what do you think of these?

User Info: AliceRed130

AliceRed130
2 days ago#12
Darkinsanity1 posted...
They probably did, or we'd be waiting years more for something to get released. I don't know if you realize how much work a game like this takes to make, specially when they're really trying to keep the original in tact and expand upon it in other areas.
Yeah, what's wrong with waiting longer for a full release? Much preferable than paying full price just to experience small parts of the story. Splitting it up like this just isn't necessary. Way more work too, since each part is going to be its own full game.
I'm not waiting centuries for people to get woke

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
2 days ago#13
Your concerns are ungrounded.
http://i.imgur.com/3kKfbe1.gif

User Info: Hachigo

Hachigo
2 days ago#14
spccew posted...
As nitpicky as some of the users here are, that will be one of the first things they notice.

Besides, you know some fan is going to beat the game within hours of touching it. Speedrunning and all that.
That's gonna be me

User Info: Caerule

Caerule
2 days ago#15
I'm more worried it will be too long for no good reason. But we'll see. Either way I think it will be interesting to see how the game will hold up as a full game especially if SE successfully pulls it off.
Try out my 2D JRPG for free: https://caerule.itch.io/project-compass-demo

User Info: strred

strred
2 days ago#16
that's not why they split it up. they split it up in an attempt to milk the legacy of the original and get triple the money for it.
can't flim flam the glim glam

User Info: shadow666

shadow666
2 days ago#17
AliceRed130 posted...
Yeah, what's wrong with waiting longer for a full release? Much preferable than paying full price just to experience small parts of the story. Splitting it up like this just isn't necessary. Way more work too, since each part is going to be its own full game.

The difference between each of these full game parts and just remaking the original into a single title, is that the original game had a lot of variety. It had an entire world of vastly different locations, all the wildly different enemy types occupying those locations, a large cast of playable characters to animate, and a wider cast of total characters to provide voice acting for. Back when they were making the original, this was possible. Now, it's just not feasible to design a game that way - FFs didn't get smaller because they just lacked imagination and needed to remake an old game to remember how to create a full world, they just couldn't make the same type of game with their fancy-ass presentation and needed to adapt to the stricter modern limitations. So, simply taking an old game design and applying modern presentation isn't an option. Splitting the game up allows them to adapt each part into a far more feasible project, with each part being marketed and sold by itself to cover its own development cost.

I have my doubts over how substantial a part one that takes place entirely in Midgar will be, but I expect just as much game as I'd get from an original modern SE title. It's largely just because I never liked Midgar as much as other people though, and still aren't excited about remaking it in general.
Nothing to see here.

User Info: GodinMinaar

GodinMinaar
2 days ago#18
Even IF the story part is short, and the sidequests are numerous. Remember anything you skip, will lead you to miss something further down the road, and it is a very long road...

Midgar isn't my favorite either, but it's a beginning. Everything after will feel very different. Can't wait to spend the night under the highwind! 8 years from now...
I hope they make remake so large that I can spend fifty years strolling through it
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: VanilleHopen

VanilleHopen
2 days ago#19
I'm more worried about the later parts being rushed and short... That honestly seems much more likely.
Currently living on Haru's forehead from P5 and I have a huge 20 acre backyard.

User Info: Tanthalas

Tanthalas
2 days ago#20
My worry is that they’ll drag out the game with pointless side content like in FFXV.
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. I am worried this game will be too short.
  • Post New Message