• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Will this game be as good as the original and have the same impact?

User Info: tenpowers

tenpowers
1 month ago#71
YungLeviathan posted...
This seems incredibly naive.

What, so classic Disney films like Aladdin, The Little Mermaid etc didn’t have a major impact because ultimately they were remakes of old stories?

Oh my goodness. Okay. The original FFVII made a huge impact in the industry because to many people, it was something new and had combined a lot of good concepts together. The remake isn't doing anything that we haven't seen already. This game will be no different than the RE2 remake.

As far as those fairytales you want to bring up, most people didn't know nor cared about them until Disney picked them up and made movies out of them.
PSN: VileGlory

User Info: YungLeviathan

YungLeviathan
1 month ago#72
tenpowers posted...
As far as those fairytales you want to bring up, most people didn't know nor cared about them until Disney picked them up and made movies out of them.
A significant portion of consumers playing FFVII:R wouldn’t have played the original (it is a 23 year old game after all), so I guess it’ll be an entirely new experience after all.

User Info: JVII

JVII
1 month ago#73
Flatchan posted...
your girlfriend.

Not my gf any more, I cheated on her with six girls at my university and we broke up a few months ago.

User Info: tenpowers

tenpowers
1 month ago#74
YungLeviathan posted...
A significant portion of consumers playing FFVII:R wouldn’t have played the original (it is a 23 year old game after all), so I guess it’ll be an entirely new experience after all.

True. But it won't have as big of an impact as the original.
PSN: VileGlory

User Info: Zelse

Zelse
1 month ago#75
It's a pilot for a cash grab. It'll be interesting to see how well this game does. $60 for remaking 1/10th of a 20+ year old game. Could make some mad cash if it sells well and they slice off a smaller chunk for the next episode.
PSN - RudeOfTheTurks / XBL - TheMightyBison

User Info: omgseal

omgseal
1 month ago#76
I think it will be a great game. But of course it wont have the same impact. BoTW didnt change s***. RDR2 didnt change s***. TW3 didnt change s***. Cyberpunk wont change s***. And Cyberpunk and FF7R coming out together with dampen each others impact. We are mostly past that point in gaming i think.
"Dost thou love me? But thou must!"

User Info: SpiderGwen_

SpiderGwen_
1 month ago#77
JVII posted...
Not my gf any more, I cheated on her with six girls at my university and we broke up a few months ago.

r/incel_tears

User Info: Four_Archfiends

Four_Archfiends
1 month ago#78
It's going to have a big impact on me for sure since I never played the original just know some of the lore for it. Nor have I played their spinoff titles but I did watched Advent Children. So the game will be 99% a new experience for me.
If you ain't a Fiend, you ain't Clean!

User Info: SirBuckford

SirBuckford
1 month ago#79
JVII posted...
This explains so much.
"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves." -C.S. Lewis

User Info: JVII

JVII
1 month ago#80
SirBuckford posted...
This explains so much.
Yeah, relationships are complicated.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Will this game be as good as the original and have the same impact?
  • Topic Archived