• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Will this game be as good as the original and have the same impact?

User Info: Merrith

Merrith
2 days ago#51
JVII posted...
To those claiming this will likely or has the potential to be better than the original, did you also think the same thing about XIII/XV/KHIII before and after they were released?

Considering XIII and XV had no "original" and KHIII is a sequel, we're not even talking about the same thing at all, are we?

User Info: crono12064

crono12064
2 days ago#52
Fwahm posted...
I'm not sure if there would be notably less JRPGs total without FFVII, but I think it's very likely that there would be far fewer localized ones if 7 hadn't greatly expanded the western JRPG gamer market.

I can agree with this.
"I want to remind you that life is an RPG, so have fun!" - Yuji Horii

User Info: JVII

JVII
2 days ago#53
Merrith posted...
JVII posted...
To those claiming this will likely or has the potential to be better than the original, did you also think the same thing about XIII/XV/KHIII before and after they were released?

Considering XIII and XV had no "original" and KHIII is a sequel, we're not even talking about the same thing at all, are we?

We're not, because your statement is entirely irrelevant to the end quality of a product.

User Info: Merrith

Merrith
1 day ago#54
JVII posted...
Merrith posted...
JVII posted...

We're not, because your statement is entirely irrelevant to the end quality of a product.

When your quoted statement is comparing one to its original, but then asks a question of games that are not remakes of an original, it reads very poorly for trying to represent a link.

The level of quality someone produces when making something new versus a type of remake would have greater potential to be different in my mind...to say nothing of the simple fact that someone could make 10 games of poor quality, then make an absolute masterpiece.

Now if you'd worded it better to ask if apparent lack of quality in their last few offerings (even if that might not be a majority consensus on all of those games) had people concerned they might do a poor job on this one, I'm sure some people might have some worry creep in. Although speaking personally, seeing as how they got it right for me the first time around and everything I've seen of this one so far looks great, I'm not too concerned at all, but would understand if others had legit concerns.

User Info: Timic83

Timic83
1 day ago#55
when ff7 came out the whole game came out. when ff7r comes out it will be part 1 then waiting for next part

so no, obviously will not have the same impact. might be better than the original but we'll see, more interested how the late game stuff will look (the submarine minigame and golden saucer and stuff)
Not changing this sig until Disney gives us back the Star Wars EU

User Info: JVII

JVII
1 day ago#56
Again, the people saying this has any potential to be better than the original must have really loved XIII, XV, and KHIII.

User Info: spccew

spccew
1 day ago#57
JVII posted...
Again, the people saying this has any potential to be better than the original must have really loved XIII, XV, and KHIII.

Never played KHIII, never beat XV though I didn't hate it either, and I have no issues with FFXIII, currently replaying it as I type this.

FFVIIR has the potential to be better than FFVII lego edition. You'd be silly to think it didn't have potential.

User Info: sano83

sano83
1 day ago#58
JVII posted...

So the goal of this thread is for you to ask an opinion and then say that the opinion of the people you just asked for is wrong?
It is sad that you are not even the 10th account that have the same goal.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
[Show...A Little More Respect ...For Faerie Tales, Riskbreaker.]
(edited 1 day ago)

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
1 day ago#59
sano83 posted...
JVII posted...

So the goal of this thread is for you to ask an opinion and then say that the opinion of the people you just asked for is wrong?

This topic is just an excuse to troll and provoke, it's just pathetic.
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."

User Info: 7656198

1 day ago#60
MalakTawus posted...
sano83 posted...
JVII posted...

This topic is just an excuse to troll and provoke, it's just pathetic.

I dont get this obsession some people on this board have with hating this game and making topics about constantly. I mean, its on other boards too, so maybe I dont get that about some gamers; trying to force people to dislike something because they do at this level and all this other BS. Its just weird.
PSN: Snycher
Twitch @Snycherus & YouTube @Snycher
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Will this game be as good as the original and have the same impact?
  • Post New Message