• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Will this game be as good as the original and have the same impact?

User Info: EAims

EAims
2 days ago#31
JVII posted...
To those claiming this will likely or has the potential to be better than the original, did you also think the same thing about XIII/XV/KHIII before and after they were released?
Your schtick is getting old. Can't you come up with something new or original?
A b c d e f guy, h I j k l m n o buddy, q r s t u fwend, w x eh! and (pfft). These are the Canadian ABC's, Susie likes hairy b**** what do you think of these?

User Info: crono12064

crono12064
2 days ago#32
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
But as for the kind of impact OG VII had on gaming as a whole? Yeah, I don't think that's possible for ANY game, much less this Remake.

To be honest, I think Dark Souls had more of an impact than FFVII did. There are many action RPGs/games imitating the soulsborne gameplay concept, while there were barely any games inspired by FFVII (Planescape Torment did list FFVII and FFVIII as inspirations though...but that's only one game).
"I want to remind you that life is an RPG, so have fun!" - Yuji Horii
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: sano83

sano83
2 days ago#33
JVII posted...
To those claiming this will likely or has the potential to be better than the original, did you also think the same thing about XIII/XV/KHIII before and after they were released?

I have not played those games, but apparently, the story isn´t good.
However, Final Fantasy VII story is regarded as great (for some reason I don´t understand).
And they are using the original story as the basis for the new game.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
[Show...A Little More Respect ...For Faerie Tales, Riskbreaker.]

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
2 days ago#34
crono12064 posted...
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
But as for the kind of impact OG VII had on gaming as a whole? Yeah, I don't think that's possible for ANY game, much less this Remake.

To be honest, I think Dark Souls had more of an impact than FFVII did. There are many action RPGs/games imitating the soulsborne gameplay concept, while there were barely any games inspired by FFVII (Planescape Torment did list FFVII and FFVIII as inspirations though...but that's only one game).

To the development community yes Souls had more impact, but to the gaming community as a whole, VII was more revolutionary

User Info: GrimKusanagi

GrimKusanagi
2 days ago#35
It looks good but I am concerned it will lose it's charm due to modernization which seems to be killing everything.
GT: GrimKusanagi / Current Playing: Dragons Dogma: DA
Pawn: Shadow / Mage

User Info: JVII

JVII
2 days ago#36
EAims posted...
JVII posted...
Your schtick is getting old. Can't you come up with something new or original?

Acknowledging history never gets old.

EAims
2 days ago#37
JVII posted...
Acknowledging history never gets old.
Your trolling does.
A b c d e f guy, h I j k l m n o buddy, q r s t u fwend, w x eh! and (pfft). These are the Canadian ABC's, Susie likes hairy b**** what do you think of these?

User Info: crono12064

crono12064
2 days ago#38
blitz_0623 posted...
but to the gaming community as a whole, VII was more revolutionary

Interesting point. Can you elaborate on this?

I can only think that it made JRPGs popular in the West. Considering the part of Arvis post I was quoting, I'd even say Super Mario Brothers was far more impactful in terms of popularity than FFVII can ever hope to be.
"I want to remind you that life is an RPG, so have fun!" - Yuji Horii

User Info: Testa-Rossa

Testa-Rossa
2 days ago#39
blitz_0623 posted...
crono12064 posted...
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...

To the development community yes Souls had more impact, but to the gaming community as a whole, VII was more revolutionary

Souls "invented" a genre.

7 made popular a genre that existed for years.

EAims
2 days ago#40
Testa-Rossa posted...
Souls "invented" a genre.

7 made popular a genre that existed for years.
Can't argue with that.

Although the previous poster credits it to dark souls but demon souls was the first.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Will this game be as good as the original and have the same impact?
  • Post New Message