• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Will this game be as good as the original and have the same impact?
VIIR will quite likely be better than VII in many important ways.

It has almost no chance to have anywhere near the impact. It'll be popular, sell well, and generate tons buzz on social media etc, though.
Currently Playing: Trails of Cold Steel III
We're need to wait and see but since that requires patience, people rather jump to conclsions without ever having played the game.

User Info: JVII

JVII
3 days ago#23
Imagine thinking the next Michael Bay movie is going to be one of the greatest films of the decade.

That's on the same level of reasoning I'm seeing in a lot of comments here.

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
2 days ago#24
It'll print money. That's really all that needs to be said at this point in time.
http://i.imgur.com/5lDykFL.gif http://i.imgur.com/KsgEjzV.gif

User Info: Merrith

Merrith
2 days ago#25
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
VIIR will quite likely be better than VII in many important ways.

It has almost no chance to have anywhere near the impact. It'll be popular, sell well, and generate tons buzz on social media etc, though.

This post is simply too well thought out to be on this board.

I agree 100%, although I'd say for the real die hard VII fans this game (each part, and the sum put together) MAY manage to have the same impact or a larger one depending on how people appreciate (or don't) changes to the tone of the story.

User Info: SpiderGwen_

SpiderGwen_
2 days ago#26
JVII posted...
Imagine thinking the next Michael Bay movie is going to be one of the greatest films of the decade.

That's on the same level of reasoning I'm seeing in a lot of comments here.

Guess what, MB's movies make a lot of $$$

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
2 days ago#27
MalakTawus posted...
Imo it's very probable that this game will be better compared to the original but it's also very unlikely that it will produce the same impact since it's almost impossible to do that now considering that the times (and timing) are completely different.
Pretty much this. VII revolutionized a lot of things gaming wise with it’s technical achievements. VIIR will be impressive and I think more immersive than the original, but there’s nothing about it that reads “wow games have to be made like this from now on.”

User Info: SavenForever

SavenForever
2 days ago#28
Probably not, since remakes just have too much to overcome to surpass the original. But based on what we've seen so far, there's still a possibility that it could.
Merrith posted...
This post is simply too well thought out to be on this board.
Shucks... '^__^

Merrith posted...
I agree 100%, although I'd say for the real die hard VII fans this game (each part, and the sum put together) MAY manage to have the same impact or a larger one depending on how people appreciate (or don't) changes to the tone of the story.
This is a good point. How the expanded story, and how VIIR portrays all the major story events/beats from the original, reconnects us as fans to the original can and likely will leave an indelible impact on the memory and importance of FFVII. Going forward, there will always be FFVII discussions that feature "Well, in the Remake...", so the nature of VII discourse will forever be altered.

But as for the kind of impact OG VII had on gaming as a whole? Yeah, I don't think that's possible for ANY game, much less this Remake.
Currently Playing: Trails of Cold Steel III
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: JVII

JVII
2 days ago#30
To those claiming this will likely or has the potential to be better than the original, did you also think the same thing about XIII/XV/KHIII before and after they were released?
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Will this game be as good as the original and have the same impact?
  • Post New Message