• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Will this game be as good as the original and have the same impact?

User Info: sano83

sano83
3 days ago#11
There is also the fact that PlayStation ruled gaming when Final Fantasy VII was released.

Now there are many devices to play, that will not support the game (since it is going to be an PlayStation 4 exclusive, at least for a while).
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
[Show...A Little More Respect ...For Faerie Tales, Riskbreaker.]

User Info: -MrMojoRisin-

-MrMojoRisin-
3 days ago#12
No.
PSN o-MrMojoRisin-o
Embrace the Journey - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHXjcdNIN-Q

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
3 days ago#13
MalakTawus posted...
Imo it's very probable that this game will be better compared to the original but it's also very unlikely that it will produce the same impact since it's almost impossible to do that now considering that the times (and timing) are completely different.

There is absolutely no way the remake will match the impact of the original. Other than timing as you said, add in the fact that they're splitting it into releases it kills any potential of matching the original's greatness

sano83
3 days ago#14
Unless all the pieces of the game are amazing games, then it will be a revolutionary masterpiece.

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
3 days ago#15
blitz_0623 posted...
MalakTawus posted...
Imo it's very probable that this game will be better compared to the original but it's also very unlikely that it will produce the same impact since it's almost impossible to do that now considering that the times (and timing) are completely different.

There is absolutely no way the remake will match the impact of the original. Other than timing as you said, add in the fact that they're splitting it into releases it kills any potential of matching the original's greatness

I disagree, timing is a valid reason while what you said is definitely not true, on the contrary, the ONLY reason that this remake has an actual possibility to reach greatness is because they decided to go a lot more indeep in the world/character and story.

A copy of the original game with just better visuals would have been an immensely less interesting and ambitious project.
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Brocknoth

Brocknoth
3 days ago#16
The project is largely doomed IMO. If part 1 doesn't deliver and fails critically the rest of the games won't fair well. It's hard to say. I expect FFXV all over again. IE major hype/sales that fizzles out and dies 3 odd months into release.
"You don't scare me. I play Touhou."
~ http://www.backloggery.com/brocknoth ~

sano83
3 days ago#17
There is no way that part 1 wont print money.

Part 2 would be the problem, when people that brough part 1 and was dissapointed don´t buy part 2.

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
3 days ago#18
MalakTawus posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
MalakTawus posted...

I disagree, timing is a valid reason while what you said is definitely not true, on the contrary, the ONLY reason that this remake has an actual possibility to reach greatness is because they decided to go a lot more indeep in the world/character and story.

A copy of the original game with just better visuals would have been an immensely less interesting and ambitious project.

You do realize I agreed with your timing argument right?

I'm not saying releasing a carbon copy with better visuals has a better chance. I'm saying because the other parts are years apart there is no way it matches the impact. The only way they might even achieve this is by releasing it once with the level of detail this Midgar game has, and considering this already spans 2 discs, I can't imagine how long/big it would take for that to happen

User Info: Brocknoth

Brocknoth
3 days ago#19
sano83 posted...
There is no way that part 1 wont print money.

Part 2 would be the problem, when people that brough part 1 and was dissapointed don´t buy part 2.

Oh I have no doubt part 1 will be a commercial success just like XV "was" because of hype and brand name, but it's what comes after that will truly be important.
"You don't scare me. I play Touhou."
~ http://www.backloggery.com/brocknoth ~

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
3 days ago#20
blitz_0623 posted...
You do realize I agreed with your timing argument right?

Ofc infact i said that timing is indeed a valid reason (especially since it's impossible to deny), i said that i completely disagree on everything else you said, about the project divided in "episodes" as a negative factor.

....but it seems i kmisunderstood a bit what you said sicne it seems you were still only talking about the impact and not if the game will be as good as the original.

Anyway, to keep it short, timing alone is more than enough to make it next to impossible to have the same impact, so about "impact" i dont see any reason to go look for other possible extra reasons.

Theoritically speaking, if each episode will turn out being great, having multiple episodes could instead be the only (still extremely unlikely) way to create an huge impact, maybe not on older players but on younger ones that will see the whole FFVII-R project continue for years while they grow up, making it something really unique.
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Will this game be as good as the original and have the same impact?
  • Post New Message