• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. We can all agree that lX Vlll Vll?

User Info: FlameMagician

FlameMagician
4 days ago#31
KingPiccolo posted...
FlameMagician posted...
Even that is wrong as Black Magic was in use prior to the production of Black Mages. And even then that is specific to IX

Black magic was first introduced and associated with black Mages since FFll

...are you legit trying to say that the Black Mage race is in FFII?
FFXIV Loremaster
GFAQs FFXIV Board Discord https://discord.gg/2vhdf4K

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
4 days ago#32
IX is a strong entry but it really starts to peter out in the second half. After the second continent the story starts getting flat, and the plot twists and culmination are average. The ability system also doesn't have the sort of legs that materia does, which makes FFVII's gameplay feel like it is continuously growing and evolving while FFIX is kind of stagnating.

IX also has some outright obnoxious gameplay decisions. The fact that almost every boss is laden with multiple rare equipment steals makes these fights horribly, horribly unfun to play. I just want to engage in the plot and go all out on a boss like Black Waltz 3 that just did a heinous act, I don't want to have to steal from him an average of 21 times to get juicy rare loot.

Edit: Actually, my calculation is off but the math is probably pretty representative of reality. There are actually two stages of calculations where Steal can fail but you get earlier opportunities to get rare steals.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP7lOxq8wmo8EACam5yamFuseoWkDOplr
GameFAQs Lounge playlist.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: KingPiccolo

KingPiccolo
4 days ago#33
1Tekkaman posted...
Complaining about posts being nigh-unreadable is neither childish nor nitpicking and you know it. Your cheap shot at me personally is nonsensical; I get into plenty of arguments, yes, but I am not exactly alone in my views.

I misspelled literally 3 or 4 words,again you are nitpicking like child.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
4 days ago#34
KingPiccolo posted...
1Tekkaman posted...
Complaining about posts being nigh-unreadable is neither childish nor nitpicking and you know it. Your cheap shot at me personally is nonsensical; I get into plenty of arguments, yes, but I am not exactly alone in my views.

I misspelled literally 3 or 4 words,again you are nitpicking like child.

Grammar is more than just spelling, and baseless accusations do not help your case.

Back on topic, while I do consider IX superior in some ways, I believe VII to have a better overall package.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: madmatt

madmatt
4 days ago#35
@KingPiccolo posted...
In terms of overall game IX is the better game then Vll when it comes to graphics,bgm,Battle System,Characters,world,plot,weapons(upgrades Such as materia and Synth),Skill mastering,side Characters,side quest,Connection with the characters and pasing of the game.If Square enix wants to succeed with the series,they need to build apon what they did with ix instead of what they did with vll

I'm sorry but how do you expect any one to take you seriously when you say ff7 had better graphics than ff9?
There are no decisions that come regret free...

User Info: Gaawa_chan

Gaawa_chan
4 days ago#36
VIII is genuinely bad and one of my least favorite games in the series.

IX is very good but it was also obviously rushed towards the end, which is a shame.
Hi

KingPiccolo
4 days ago#37
FlameMagician posted...

Yes i am,they are non playable but they are in the game dude.

User Info: sano83

sano83
4 days ago#38
madmatt posted...
@KingPiccolo posted...
In terms of overall game IX is the better game then Vll when it comes to graphics,bgm,Battle System,Characters,world,plot,weapons(upgrades Such as materia and Synth),Skill mastering,side Characters,side quest,Connection with the characters and pasing of the game.If Square enix wants to succeed with the series,they need to build apon what they did with ix instead of what they did with vll

I'm sorry but how do you expect any one to take you seriously when you say ff7 had better graphics than ff9?

He didnt. He said that Final Fantasy IX is the better game then (he means than) Final Fantasy VII when it comes to graphics, bgm, battle system etc.

No one should take him seriously, though.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
[Show...A Little More Respect ...For Faerie Tales, Riskbreaker.]

User Info: FlameMagician

FlameMagician
4 days ago#39
KingPiccolo posted...
FlameMagician posted...

Yes i am,they are non playable but they are in the game dude.

Prove it. Prove the Black Mage race is in FFII
FFXIV Loremaster
GFAQs FFXIV Board Discord https://discord.gg/2vhdf4K

KingPiccolo
4 days ago#40
madmatt posted...

Where in thier did i state this?im stated the opposite ix>>>vll graphics wise
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. We can all agree that lX Vlll Vll?
  • Post New Message