• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. We can all agree that lX Vlll Vll?

User Info: KingPiccolo

KingPiccolo
4 months ago#221
Merrith posted...
Yeah I go all the way back, although I haven't played every game in the series. Never played II, III, XI, or XV. XI I wouldn't compare to any but XIV anyway since those are both MMO's.

I get why the original VII's graphics throw people off, if I was focusing on just the worst version of them in game I can agree they've "aged" the worst, although I still like the battle graphics and some of the backgrounds in VII are still some of the best in the series to this day. But I can totally understand younger/newer players to the series going back and having it be a complete turn off.

Like I said, I didn't mind IX at all, enjoyed it quite a bit. I have to admit while when done right I don't mind systems where the characters have mostly "set" combat roles (IV and IX come to mind), I probably prefer ones with more freedom to allow characters to do more if you choose to do so. VI lets you do this somewhat with relic combinations and espers being able to teach magic to everyone (aside from Umaro or Gogo), although most of the characters have unique skills only they can do. Games like VII and X you can virtually make anyone do anything with materia and the sphere grid (outside of limit breaks, obviously), and I enjoy that...although I'm sure there are some who prefer it the other way around, too.

Ill correct myself,the oldest i played was 5 but the oldest one i beat was 6.i enjoyed 6 alot it felt very unique like a mixture of 7 and 13 and that is the game id want to see a remake for.ix did set the bar for me and sure ffvll has a decent story but what ff9 did was unique and special to me and without me sounding fruity and the gang reminded me alot of people that i knew as weired as that sounds.playing ix now as an adult i feel like the game is much smaller (probably because of the ps4 and xbox generation games ive played) but i still hold it up thier with Tactics and X as the top 3.

I agree that ix set jobs may turn people off but as it was my first ff game it felt natural,like how a ff game should be and is something they did witj the earlier games.i actually like being able to equipped diffrent jobs to diffrent characters if done right but i also like structure regardless of who has the job,as long as everyone is holding thier own weight on the battlefeild then its all good.

User Info: Merrith

Merrith
4 months ago#222
sano83 posted...
That is right, I always forgot about that one, mainly because I only did it once and for the Steam achievement.

Luckily, while they are bad, there is nothing important or unique locked behind the mini games, that is why they are better (for me at least) that the aberration of mini games in Final Fantasy X.

Because:
I don´t like the roller coaster shooting thingy, And it have unique prices >_<
I don´t like the 3d battle thingy,
I don´t like the snowboarding thingy, I don´t like it on the story, I don´t like in the Golden Saucer.
I think the submarine thingy is ok, but I have to play it for the story. Also, it can take quite a bit of time.
I really, really dislike the bike game. Both in the story and in the Golden Saucer.
Wonder Catcher is a gatcha game, and I don´t want to play a video game that makes me play a gatcha game. I feel like in that episode of the simpsons where the kids don´t want to cut the grass in the backyard, then go to a sience fair and use VR to cut the grass in a virtual backyard.
Basketball is ok, but offer no challenge at all once you figure when to shoot.
Is the Mog House even considered a mini game?
Chocobo racing is ok, even if there is a cheater that always have better stats than you.

The battle thing is great.

So, yeah, it have variety, but while there is a high amoung of games, I don´t think that anyone is particularly a good game, and three of those are mandatory for the story to do at least once.

Just loved Gold Saucer and everything about it. It's crazy when I play XIV now they have it in that game and the music takes me back every time, even if it's basically completely different in XIV. I get not liking some games, a few are very basic of course...but the overall effect is so much better to me than just "dig here choco" then follow a picture.

My personal taste I guess, even preferred blitzball over Hot and Cold, and all of the mini games to get the ultimate weapons in X were fairly fun/challenging for the rewards. Only one I never finished was lightning dodging, although I'm sure if I really wanted to put effort into it on my next replay I could find something to help. Always saw a lot of complaints about the choco racing for Tidus' main weapon but I never found it to be that had at all, personally.

User Info: sano83

sano83
4 months ago#223
Merrith posted...
and all of the mini games to get the ultimate weapons in X were fairly fun/challenging for the rewards
Yes, we obviously think different.
I think that none of the mini games in Final Fantasy X are even ok.

But it is ok when two people like different things.

Merrith posted...
Always saw a lot of complaints about the choco racing for Tidus' main weapon but I never found it to be that had at a
It is not hard per se, and I can usually do it very fast, like in half an hour, but the mini game cheats you all the time, and that makes it frustrating.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
[Show...A Little More Respect ...For Faerie Tales, Riskbreaker.]

User Info: RaptorCouch

RaptorCouch
4 months ago#224
Every time I look at these boards in posts it makes me wonder why I continue to bother. This game will do exceedingly well solely based on the fandom already available for 7. Not to say that this game will not be any good for those not presently in the fan base though.

User Info: KingPiccolo

KingPiccolo
4 months ago#225
RaptorCouch posted...
Every time I look at these boards in posts it makes me wonder why I continue to bother. This game will do exceedingly well solely based on the fandom already available for 7. Not to say that this game will not be any good for those not presently in the fan base though.

It wont do so good for people not in the fan base which is more important considering all the ff7 cucks got a damn movie for ff7 already

User Info: sawplo

sawplo
4 months ago#226
It wont do so good for people not in the fan base which is more important considering all the ff7 cucks got a damn movie for ff7 already

It will do well for SE which is really all that matters.

Some people will like it. Some people won't. SE doesn't care, nor should they. All that matters is sales and profits. Individual consumers are useless and worthless.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
4 months ago#227
KingPiccolo posted...
People in the fan base are more important considering we're the ones who have been clamoring for something like this since the PS2 era. Focusing on those "not in the fan base" is the kind of ill-conceived move that got us Final Fantasy XV.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
4 months ago#228
RaptorCouch posted...
Not to mention this is already drawing in a lot of people who never liked FF games.

User Info: Rude Hero

Rude Hero
4 months ago#229
Dragon Knight Tonal posted...
IX is the entry that I dislike the most from the franchise.

Too hot to handle, too cold to hold.

User Info: Litane

Litane
4 months ago#230
KingPiccolo posted...
A damn movie that no one asked for. As well as all the other s*** that no one asked for.

"Please Square, make a "sequel" to FFVII but make it a nonsensical, horribly edited CG movie about Cloud having a sad that reduces most of the cast to glorified cameo appearances. Then make a terrible linear shooter featuring emo Vampire and a forced stealth section with Cat s***. Then maybe a button mashy prequel with a slot mechanic released exclusively for a portable that most of don't own. Add in a few s***ty mobile games too" Said no one ever.
I've got the house all to myself, I've got the world all to myself.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. We can all agree that lX Vlll Vll?
  • Topic Archived