• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. We can all agree that lX Vlll Vll?

User Info: EAims

EAims
2 days ago#121
zombie_basher13 posted...
It's an indisputable fact that IX is better than VIII, because the junction system is too broken and the story is too messy

If you prefer VIII over IX you're an odd duck, no offense
Broken implies something doesn't work. Junction worked even if you didn't like it.

Also kinda odd for you to contradict yourself in your own post:
Ff9>ff8 fact
Unless of course you prefer ff8

A b c d e f guy, h I j k l m n o buddy, q r s t u fwend, w x eh! and (pfft). These are the Canadian ABC's, Susie likes hairy b**** what do you think of these?

User Info: donkeyjack

donkeyjack
2 days ago#122
EAims posted...
Broken implies something doesn't work. Junction worked even if you didn't like it.

Also kinda odd for you to contradict yourself in your own post:
Ff9>ff8 fact
Unless of course you prefer ff8

How are you a gamer and don't know what "broken" means?
https://imgur.com/01hqfpL https://imgur.com/bBmVbul

EAims
2 days ago#123
donkeyjack posted...
I know broken also means becoming too strong or powerful or whatever. But that's how the junction system was supposed to work. Leveling up was practically pointless so you were supposed to grind using junction.

I don't ever remember anything allowing me to be "broken" until the end when you could farm the top spells. And by that point it's not like it was hard to beat anyways.
A b c d e f guy, h I j k l m n o buddy, q r s t u fwend, w x eh! and (pfft). These are the Canadian ABC's, Susie likes hairy b**** what do you think of these?

User Info: sano83

sano83
2 days ago#124
EAims posted...
donkeyjack posted...
I know broken also means becoming too strong or powerful or whatever. But that's how the junction system was supposed to work. Leveling up was practically pointless so you were supposed to grind using junction.

I don't ever remember anything allowing me to be "broken" until the end when you could farm the top spells. And by that point it's not like it was hard to beat anyways.

You can get Tornado (which is an useful spell through all the game) before you get Ifrit.
You can get Quake, Full-Life, Cuaraga, Regen, Haste, Triple before you go to Dollet.

There are lots of powerful spells that you can get early.
I love the game, but that doesn´t mean that the game doesn´t give the player to get uber powerful at any time.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
[Show...A Little More Respect ...For Faerie Tales, Riskbreaker.]

EAims
2 days ago#125
sano83 posted...
You can get Tornado (which is an useful spell through all the game) before you get Ifrit.
You can get Quake, Full-Life, Cuaraga, Regen, Haste, Triple before you go to Dollet.

There are lots of powerful spells that you can get early.
I love the game, but that doesn´t mean that the game doesn´t give the player to get uber powerful at any time.
Really? That's news to me.

I retract my previous statement about it not being broken. Probably would've played it a few more times as a kid had i known that! :)
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Brocknoth

Brocknoth
2 days ago#126
The junction system is largely broken because of two simple words. Card. Mod. Card mod breaks the system clean in half. I mean any system can be broken with enough effort but in Junction's case you don't even have to try to break it you ultimately just do.
"You don't scare me. I play Touhou."
~ http://www.backloggery.com/brocknoth ~

User Info: sano83

sano83
2 days ago#127
Really.
You can get water, which is a bit better than the 2nd tier of elemental spells, with Shiva (or just draw it from the fishes).
You can get Tornado, which, it is slightly better than the aga elemental spells with Quetzcal.
You can get Flare with Ifrit.
You can get Full-Life, Holy, Curaga and Regen with Siren, which you get at the communication tower of Dollet.
You can get Quake, Haste and Triple with Diablos, which you can get right before you go to Timber.

You can get Pain, Meltdown and Sleep with Diablos (or Siren, I don´t remember which one right now, but I think it is Diablos).

You can also get Reflect.

And those are the ones I can think right now. Granted, you have to play lots of cards, but you can get those.

You can get Auto-Haste before the ending of Disk 1, and you can get Rosetta Stones (which can be moded into useful things, and by themselves teach AbilityX4 to a GF) at the begining of disk 2.

I am not saying that you have to do it, but you totally can.

The only other game that I can think that gives you many options to broke it like that, that early, is Final Fantasy Tactics.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
[Show...A Little More Respect ...For Faerie Tales, Riskbreaker.]
(edited 2 days ago)

EAims
2 days ago#128
Oh is that how you get them so early? I dont remember using card mod that much. Although i did like playing the card game though. More for the collection though.

Damn maybe i should go back and play it again. It's been a long time.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
2 days ago#129
Brocknoth posted...
The junction system is largely broken because of two simple words. Card. Mod. Card mod breaks the system clean in half. I mean any system can be broken with enough effort but in Junction's case you don't even have to try to break it you ultimately just do.

Yep, VIII is pretty much a joke of a game difficulty-wise

Even without card mod there are so many ways to exploit the game from the first hour onwards

The fact that you can spam limit breaks at low health is an amazingly poor design choice
IX is the best in the series, so, yeah.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. We can all agree that lX Vlll Vll?
  • Post New Message