• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. We can all agree that lX Vlll Vll?

User Info: Merrith

Merrith
2 days ago#111
KingPiccolo posted...
In terms of overall game IX is the better game then Vll when it comes to graphics,bgm,Battle System,Characters,world,plot,weapons(upgrades Such as materia and Synth),Skill mastering,side Characters,side quest,Connection with the characters and pasing of the game.If Square enix wants to succeed with the series,they need to build apon what they did with ix instead of what they did with vll

Have to disagree. IX might have some better graphics in many areas, but some of VII's pre-rendered backgrounds I'd put up against any in the franchise. Battle System, Characters, World, plot, everything else I give edge to VII in varying degrees.

IX >>>>>> VIII for me, though.

User Info: Asmund

Asmund
2 days ago#112
IX>VIII
VIII=VII
X-2=Custer's Revenge
XIII is a gorgeous hallway that I didn't completely hate
....etc...etc no one cares what I think.

IMO but nostalgia bros...
(edited 2 days ago)
It's an indisputable fact that IX is better than VIII, because the junction system is too broken and the story is too messy

If you prefer VIII over IX you're an odd duck, no offense
What are you doing on computer? Go outside it's so beautifulll! Mrawww, c'mahhh!!

User Info: Relinquished

Relinquished
2 days ago#114
zombie_basher13 posted...
It's an indisputable fact that IX is better than VIII, because the junction system is too broken and the story is too messy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4
Everybody 1) is a genius, 2) is an alt, and 3) has bad taste.
(edited 2 days ago)
Laugh all you like, the truth is undeniable
What are you doing on computer? Go outside it's so beautifulll! Mrawww, c'mahhh!!

User Info: cjtencounter

cjtencounter
2 days ago#116
sano83 posted...
cjtencounter posted...
Ok, the world and the universe for that matter is a very complex topic. But I'd say calling it a sphere is still more correct, at least, than calling it flat. Because it's still closer to a sphere than it is a completely flat surface. I think most people won't go into complexities with this.

Well, if there is someone telling me that 2 + 2 is equal to 10, but I tell him that he is wrong, and that the answer is actually 6.4 I am certainly closer than him, but still wrong.

cjtencounter posted...
And well, yeah, but there are billions of people in the world that are non-gaming people and will never touch a video game. We can only speak of the people who are aware of Final Fantasy. Heck, there are FF fans who haven't even played every single game. I've only beaten 9/13 - I do not count 11 and 14.

Yes, and I have played another few, and we do not agree. Reducing the sample to two and having different results, so a universal consensus is impossible.

Oh, wow...I cannot believe you actually went there. That is not even close to being a good example wtf??? You realize some people still refer to Squares as Rectangles, and vice versa? Even though they wouldn't be accurate, it still gets the point across. The point is, calling it a square still gets the point across. I will still get the idea of the shape they are describing something to be, unless it requires something to be in exact measurements. But, if you're simply just trying to describe something to someone that'll get the point across.
It's like when people cannot draw a perfect circle...it may come across as oval but still meant to be a circle. Get it?
2+2 everyone will understand it to be 4. And lol, I cannot believe you're comparing these two. Very poor analogy. This here, is just simply the wrong answer no matter how you look at it.

Also, you're still failing to understand that when people also say "universal" they don't mean it literally. Sure by definition it means "everyone" but obviously not everyone is a gamer. You can simply say that EVERY FF gamer realizes that FFVII is considered the best game in the franchise. That is what these people will be referring to as Universal. Not everyone thinks FFVII is the best, but everyone would come to an understanding that FFVII is indeed the most popular in the franchise.

Aren't the FF main characters like the ONLY ones here even in gamefaqs that make it to the finals in the character battles. That in itself speaks volumes to the popularity of this game, at least for me.
TOP 5 consoles: 1. PS1 | 2. PS2 | 3. NES | 4. Genesis | 5. PS3
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: cjtencounter

cjtencounter
2 days ago#117

The world, the character design, the lore and just the overall concept of FFVIII simply destroys FFIX for me even though I may feel the actual gameplay in FFVIII is not as good.
Man, I still have this vision of how perfect FFVIII would feel in comeback if it just played more like FFVII. It really didn't need the whole "draw" technique. I mean, if they remade this game I'm sure it'd be a hell of a better game for it.

FFVIII is a perfect example for me where the art overpowers the technical aspects. The world itse;f brings the fun to me, other than the gameplay. I put up with the technical elements because of how much I enjoy the story, music, characters and world.
TOP 5 consoles: 1. PS1 | 2. PS2 | 3. NES | 4. Genesis | 5. PS3

User Info: sano83

sano83
2 days ago#118
cjtencounter posted...
sano83 posted...
cjtencounter posted...
Ok, the world and the universe for that matter is a very complex topic. But I'd say calling it a sphere is still more correct, at least, than calling it flat. Because it's still closer to a sphere than it is a completely flat surface. I think most people won't go into complexities with this.

Well, if there is someone telling me that 2 + 2 is equal to 10, but I tell him that he is wrong, and that the answer is actually 6.4 I am certainly closer than him, but still wrong.

cjtencounter posted...
And well, yeah, but there are billions of people in the world that are non-gaming people and will never touch a video game. We can only speak of the people who are aware of Final Fantasy. Heck, there are FF fans who haven't even played every single game. I've only beaten 9/13 - I do not count 11 and 14.

Yes, and I have played another few, and we do not agree. Reducing the sample to two and having different results, so a universal consensus is impossible.

Oh, wow...I cannot believe you actually went there. That is not even close to being a good example wtf??? You realize some people still refer to Squares as Rectangles, and vice versa? Even though they wouldn't be accurate, it still gets the point across. The point is, calling it a square still gets the point across. I will still get the idea of the shape they are describing something to be, unless it requires something to be in exact measurements. But, if you're simply just trying to describe something to someone that'll get the point across.
It's like when people cannot draw a perfect circle...it may come across as oval but still meant to be a circle. Get it?

Squares are rectangles, but rectangles are not always squares. Every rectangle is a (four sided) polygon. But not every (four sided) polygon is a rectangle. If someone says otherwise, that person is wrong. And that is just basic geometry.
If you draw a shape whose circunference is not equidistant from the center at any point of itself, you are not drawing a circle. At most you are drawing a non geometrical figure that you can call almost a circle.

If you correct someone, but you are not correct either, you are just as much wrong as the other person.

cjtencounter posted...
Also, you're still failing to understand that when people also say "universal" they don't mean it literally. Sure by definition it means "everyone" but obviously not everyone is a gamer. You can simply say that EVERY FF gamer realizes that FFVII is considered the best game in the franchise. That is what these people will be referring to as Universal. Not everyone thinks FFVII is the best, but everyone would come to an understanding that FFVII is indeed the most popular in the franchise.

Yes, I mean gamer.
It is impossible to reach a consensus with every gamer. For starters, there are gamers that don´t give a crap about Final Fantasy.
But even if you want to reduce the word "universal" to Final Fantasy fans, a consensus is still impossible, because we are two persons that like the franchise, which is the minimun requiered to reach a consensus, and we have different tastes.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
[Show...A Little More Respect ...For Faerie Tales, Riskbreaker.]
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: sano83

sano83
2 days ago#119
cjtencounter posted...
Aren't the FF main characters like the ONLY ones here even in gamefaqs that make it to the finals in the character battles. That in itself speaks volumes to the popularity of this game, at least for me.

Crono is there a lot.
Undertale won best game ever, so you will forgive me if I don´t take polls in this site seriously.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
[Show...A Little More Respect ...For Faerie Tales, Riskbreaker.]
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
2 days ago#120

Purely opinion.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. We can all agree that lX Vlll Vll?
  • Post New Message