• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Dumbest moment in the franchise?

User Info: Chaosxmk777

Chaosxmk777
3 days ago#41
stepan618 posted...
spccew posted...
I guess you missed the whole context of Barthandelus telling the l'cie to kill Orphan or he'd kill anyone anyway?

'If you dont kill everyone by killing orphan Im going to kill everyone' - space pope.

'... ok sure lets kill everyone' the party.

Rather than trying to save the people, lets just suicide the whole place :D

spccew posted...
He summoned loads of creatures from pulse to kill the citizens, goaded the Calvary into trying to kill Orphan,

If the space pope could just kill everyone by unleashing monsters, then it renders the entire rest of the game pointless. He is trying to get the party to become ragnarok to destroy cocoon, to kill everyone and open the gate. If he can just do it by bringing a bunch of trash mobs from the surface, what was the point of messing about with the party at all?

Litane is right, the ending of XIII is a laughable ass pull and the worst moment in ff.

It's explained really poorly through datalogs and cryptic s***, but space pope can't nuke the place himself because gods are bound to destiny, and his destiny does not include destroying cocoon with hordes of monsters. It's complete bulls*** though, because he destiny can include getting humans who aren't bound to destiny to destroy cocoon for him.

It's a plot point that really could have used a couple more drafts.

On topic; FF8 introducing magic jamming Odine gear, then never once thinking about using it as a means to screw over Ultimecia. Assuming you can't remove one of those yourself, Rinoa should have just slapped on one of those magic jamming bracelets she was going to give Edea. Had she, Ultimecia controlling her would just be an impotent threat.
"This is me... All of me." ~ Hanako

User Info: sano83

sano83
3 days ago#42
Chaosxmk777 posted...
On topic; FF8 introducing magic jamming Odine gear, then never once thinking about using it as a means to screw over Ultimecia. Assuming you can't remove one of those yourself, Rinoa should have just slapped on one of those magic jamming bracelets she was going to give Edea. Had she, Ultimecia controlling her would just be an impotent threat.

That would still remove any control Rinoa have over her body.

Now, why not just destroy the Ellone Time Machine, I have no idea.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
[Show...A Little More Respect ...For Faerie Tales, Riskbreaker.]

User Info: WeaponHunterX

WeaponHunterX
3 days ago#43
InfinityOver0 posted...
Kigalas posted...
it’s the multiple times finishing up story in a city in VII, only to have someone come up and tell you where to go next because that’s where Sephiroth went. I’d rather lead the plot and find out clues on my own, not have them spoon fed to me.

I never liked that either but for some reason I never see it criticized. Once you leave midgar, the rest of the game feels like you're just following sephiroth to get revenge on him

Because you are....? First it's revenge and then it's "stop Sephiroth from destroying the world". You're always chasing something.

User Info: MetaFails

MetaFails
3 days ago#44
sano83 posted...
Chaosxmk777 posted...

That would still remove any control Rinoa have over her body.

Now, why not just destroy the Ellone Time Machine, I have no idea.

The Odine Bangle IS used to screw over Ultimecia, but she just dissolves it with her power when it's brought to her.

And the Ellone Time Machine, is in the future with Ultimecia. Destroying the one in present wouldn't do anything anymore.
And that's how you do it.

sano83
3 days ago#45
MetaFails posted...
And the Ellone Time Machine, is in the future with Ultimecia. Destroying the one in present wouldn't do anything anymore.

If this is true, then the party going to the future in the present doesn't work, because they wheren't in the future anyways.
Is still changing the past to change the future.

User Info: linkg

linkg
3 days ago#46
When you realize that Luna will not be a playable character and we are bound to end the game with 4 male characters in the party. :(

MetaFails
3 days ago#47
sano83 posted...
MetaFails posted...

If this is true, then the party going to the future in the present doesn't work, because they wheren't in the future anyways.
Is still changing the past to change the future.

The party going to the future is an asspull involving having Ultimecia use Ellone to send her even farther into the past so that can use her time-compression magic.

The time machine, Which is actually called Junction Machine Ellone, Has NOTHING to do with the party travelling to the future. So that's more f***ed than the scenario you presented imo.

sano83
3 days ago#48
You are right in both cases.

MetaFails
3 days ago#49
sano83 posted...
You are right in both cases.

I may have re-played the game fairly recently. Watch the start of disc 4 after Adel and see the time compression part. It still makes no sense to me no matter how many times I go through it.

User Info: HylianKnight1

HylianKnight1
3 days ago#50
X-2's entire opening sequence
Beep boop son, beep boop.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Dumbest moment in the franchise?
  • Post New Message