• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Dumbest moment in the franchise?

User Info: Kigalas

Kigalas
3 days ago#31
sano83 posted...
ArtiRock posted...
FF5: Probably the chocobo not being able to fly because of crystals. It can't fly because of them, but then your characters pick them up and then get on the chocobo...? What?

=P I have never thought about that.
But I guess is like when you are playing a game that have an inventory that care about ammount of things instead of the volume of things, and you can pick either 100 wood matches or 100 assault rifles.
Not saying that is not dumb, though.

He couldn’t fly because they were stuck in his throat. Not because they were heavy or magical or anything like that.

For me, it’s the multiple times finishing up story in a city in VII, only to have someone come up and tell you where to go next because that’s where Sephiroth went. I’d rather lead the plot and find out clues on my own, not have them spoon fed to me.
Playing: FFV (Quadzerkers), GTA:VC, FFIII, DQXI (4x)
By the turnstile beckons a damsel fair. The face of Melinda 'neath blackened hair..
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Sylvain

Sylvain
3 days ago#32
Pretty much everything about X-2's story. X ended on a bittersweet note and it really didn't need a sequel.

User Info: silverden75

silverden75
3 days ago#33
id say xv but almost everything connected to nova crystalis is worse, but since xv was once part of nova then ill count it too. dont get me wrong nova had extensive and deep lore but the moment they tried to implement it it failed.
just a normal hermit with an obsession with stories.

User Info: YoungThugger

YoungThugger
3 days ago#34
Crisis Core.
How are one winged angels supposed to fly with one wing?
I will make Capcom acknowledge Power Stone's existence even if it takes....FOREVER!

User Info: Nabinator

Nabinator
3 days ago#35
Haha I didn't question it as a kid, but the assassination in FFVIII was pretty stupid. They choose apparently "the best" marksman in the land. And when it comes to the shot, he becomes bloody too nervous to do it. Talk about amateur hour.

User Info: sano83

sano83
3 days ago#36
Nabinator posted...
Haha I didn't question it as a kid, but the assassination in FFVIII was pretty stupid. They choose apparently "the best" marksman in the land. And when it comes to the shot, he becomes bloody too nervous to do it. Talk about amateur hour.

The whole segment, Caraway freaking yelling in the middle of the streets the plans to kill Edea, stupid Quistis being Quistis, Zell and Selphie following her, Irvine, Edea walking through a door for no reason at all, sewers having gates. Gates that you can only open from one side even if they are iron bar gates, or the fact that a competent sniper could have shot Edea while the car is moving at carnaval speed (If you don't believe me, ask Kennedy).

Man, that is just stupid.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
[Show...A Little More Respect ...For Faerie Tales, Riskbreaker.]

User Info: ArtiRock

ArtiRock
3 days ago#37
Kigalas posted...
He couldn’t fly because they were stuck in his throat. Not because they were heavy or magical or anything like that.

For me, it’s the multiple times finishing up story in a city in VII, only to have someone come up and tell you where to go next because that’s where Sephiroth went. I’d rather lead the plot and find out clues on my own, not have them spoon fed to me.
I'm hoping that was what they were going for. That must be in another translation where they clear that up.

This is the duty of the Grim Angels.

User Info: darkjeremie

darkjeremie
3 days ago#38
IV: The endless spam of heroic sacrifices. Extra points for the fact that several are undone anyway.
VI: Introducing a character that must survive for story purposes while forcing you to use a game mechanic that is not explained in-game.
VII: The final ending sequence.
VIII: The orphanage scene. As much as I like the game, it's such a lousy and/or lazy attempt at a plot twist. It feels like they came up with it just for the sake of convenience but it just opens more questions.
X: Most of the game to be honest. The wedding scene though is indeed one of the biggest low points.
XI: Anytime the screen turns to black to use as an excuse to show your character being defeated. The three Tarutaru in CoP felt like lousy character that could've been cut out.
XIII: Pretty much the same as X but taken up to eleven. It doesn't matter how much the game tries to explain stuff. It's such a huge mess on so many levels.
XV: Oh, the hero dies. Much creative. Much original. Much irrelevant how much the story brings it up in any ways. Much lazy writing.
Tactics: Valmafra not attempting to strike Delita down. I get the point that she has grown too much respect for him to do it but at the same time, I saw nothing in the story that'd make me feel and understand why she'd feel that way.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue. (This topic has been eaten)
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: InfinityOver0

InfinityOver0
3 days ago#39
Kigalas posted...
it’s the multiple times finishing up story in a city in VII, only to have someone come up and tell you where to go next because that’s where Sephiroth went. I’d rather lead the plot and find out clues on my own, not have them spoon fed to me.

I never liked that either but for some reason I never see it criticized. Once you leave midgar, the rest of the game feels like you're just following sephiroth to get revenge on him
Science works

User Info: InfinityOver0

InfinityOver0
3 days ago#40
darkjeremie posted...
IV: The endless spam of heroic sacrifices. Extra points for the fact that several are undone anyway

That was my first thought. I agree later ff's generally suck pretty bad but the franchise really changed after 9 anyway
Science works
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Dumbest moment in the franchise?
  • Post New Message