• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Dumbest moment in the franchise?

User Info: sano83

sano83
4 days ago#21
ArtiRock posted...
FF5: Probably the chocobo not being able to fly because of crystals. It can't fly because of them, but then your characters pick them up and then get on the chocobo...? What?

=P I have never thought about that.
But I guess is like when you are playing a game that have an inventory that care about ammount of things instead of the volume of things, and you can pick either 100 wood matches or 100 assault rifles.
Not saying that is not dumb, though.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
[Show...A Little More Respect ...For Faerie Tales, Riskbreaker.]

User Info: Seraphor

Seraphor
4 days ago#22
TomorrowDog posted...
sano83 posted...
KotR9001 posted...
sano83 posted...
KotR9001 posted...
Without a doubt, the worst moment is the orphanage plot twist in FFVIII. The reason it’s so unbelievably stupid is because it tries to make a twist out of something that shouldn’t be a twist at all. Then (if I remember correctly), it uses amnesia as a flimsy excuse to justify said twist.

Not just amnesia. GF juncioned to the mind amnesia.

Regardless, it’s probably the dumbest plot twist of all time.

Oh, it wasnt a comment to defend it.

The idea on paper isn't bad I don't think, it is just the fact that it only exists as a plot device. Oh, the source of all of our strength makes us lose our memories? One might expect that would fuel a tremendous amount of drama. "What happened in my past? Have I lost myself? Will continuing to use GFs erode my mind further?" Except GF amnesia is basically only acknowledged in this one scene, and nobody properly reacts with anguish and horror to the fact that their mind is in peril and only reacts with gooey wonder to the fact that they were all childhood friends.

Except they do. I've just played it, and they do make comments about being concerned about memory loss. But they're forced to use GF, and vow to keep diaries to mitigate the effects.
It's not like it completely erased their memories either, it didn't take much for Irvine to remind them all.

It definitely wasn't handled well, could have done with more foreshadowing and been mentioned again, but it's all in there.
https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/19620823/

sano83
4 days ago#23
Seraphor posted...
But they're forced to use GF

They chose it.

Seraphor posted...
could have done with more foreshadowing

There is a bit of foreshadowing it when one of the goons of the gardenmaster tell squall specifically to not believe the rumors of the GF causing amnesia.
There is also Irvine and Squall conversation in the way to the briefing for the assessination attempt, but that one is just too vague.

Seraphor posted...
been mentioned again

In the scene on Edea's lighthouse, Squall does say something like "the gf made me forget" about something he didn't knew in the first place.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Seraphor

Seraphor
4 days ago#24
sano83 posted...
Seraphor posted...
But they're forced to use GF

They chose it.

They chose to fight, which they can only do with GF.
https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/19620823/

sano83
4 days ago#25
Yes, but what I mean is that there is this line of Irvine (who I hate) that says that, even if he knows that the GF will make him forget, he will still use them, to fight, to know why Edea turned that way.

Or something like that.
(message deleted)

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
3 days ago#27
How Luna was handled in FFXV.
Snow. Just Snow.
You're not yearning for a time before art was politicized. You're yearning for a time before you were politicized.

User Info: Dustin1280

Dustin1280
3 days ago#29
All of FFXV, all of it.
RIP: Canuklehead, Karma: 1369 // RIP: Gen_Lee_Enfield, Karma: 1731 //
RIP: Orlando of the Axe, Karma: 1642 // RIP nayr626 Karma: 4395 --They delivered!

User Info: stepan618

stepan618
3 days ago#30
spccew posted...
I guess you missed the whole context of Barthandelus telling the l'cie to kill Orphan or he'd kill anyone anyway?

'If you dont kill everyone by killing orphan Im going to kill everyone' - space pope.

'... ok sure lets kill everyone' the party.

Rather than trying to save the people, lets just suicide the whole place :D

spccew posted...
He summoned loads of creatures from pulse to kill the citizens, goaded the Calvary into trying to kill Orphan,

If the space pope could just kill everyone by unleashing monsters, then it renders the entire rest of the game pointless. He is trying to get the party to become ragnarok to destroy cocoon, to kill everyone and open the gate. If he can just do it by bringing a bunch of trash mobs from the surface, what was the point of messing about with the party at all?

Litane is right, the ending of XIII is a laughable ass pull and the worst moment in ff.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Dumbest moment in the franchise?
  • Post New Message