• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Dumbest moment in the franchise?
sano83 posted...
FireMageTheRed posted...
Linearity has never been a factor in regards to quality

Yes, it is.
When a game that have a terrible exploration system like Final Fantasy X, you should at least have the options to go a few places that have more than a couple of chest and are not in the story of the game.
I don´t know why the game does not have free cam, it would make runing through 3 m wide bridges much less evident.

FireMageTheRed posted...
Nothing wrong with any of those scenes though

So you don´t think that a character grabbing her head to think harder is something wrong?

Nope. Linearity has never been a factor in how good or bad a game is. You not being a fan of a linearity doesn't make it bad

Gripping one's head is a pretty common physical expression of a headache, you know from trying to think of a solution to a near impossible to get out of situation. So the scene is dumb because Rikku shows human characteristics? LOL no

User Info: ArtiRock

ArtiRock
3 days ago#172
sano83 posted...
I also think that Tifa not stopping Cloud midscene in Kalm and say, no dude, you where not there, is pretty dumb, and should be in the same category of "characters not telling what they know only for the sake of a big reveal later", with Irvine and Auron, and maybe Balthier.
Auron is fine. Same for balthier. It's clearly intentionally done.
Tifa not doing that really bothers me to be honest.

"I was scared" really doesn't cut it when you see cloud suffering so much as a result of an identity crisis. She tries to confront him a junon and then just shrugs it off. It's really awful and really stains my liking towards her.
This is the duty of the Grim Angels.

User Info: sano83

sano83
3 days ago#173
Oh, and Lulu hearing Tidus saying that Sin is Jetch out loud, but being surprised when he reveals it to the party.

Tidus is being almost tortured without knowing why he is in Spira, and Auron totally knows is, and doesn´t say anything, because... "is your story" bullcrap.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
[Show...A Little More Respect ...For Faerie Tales, Riskbreaker.]
(edited 3 days ago)
sano83 posted...
Oh, and Lulu hearing Tidus saying that Sin is Jetch out loud, but being surprised when he reveals it to the party.

And now you're just lying

User Info: ArtiRock

ArtiRock
3 days ago#175
sano83 posted...

Tidus is being almost tortured without knowing why he is in Spira, and Auron totally knows is, and doesn´t say anything, because... "is your story" bullcrap.
No. That's not quite how it happened.

Auron knows but refuses to tell, because he specifically needs to make tidus question things. He needs tidus to shake the establishment. His ignorance is a boon to this.
This is the duty of the Grim Angels.

User Info: Brocknoth

Brocknoth
3 days ago#176
ArtiRock posted...
Auron knows but refuses to tell, because he specifically needs to make tidus question things. He needs tidus to shake the establishment. His ignorance is a boon to this.

Correct. Not only would it be "bad" writing to just expositorily dump all that on the player as soon as Auron joins the party it helps Tidus be more motivated to do something to oppose it once he DOES learn the truth.
"You don't scare me. I play Touhou."
~ http://www.backloggery.com/brocknoth ~
ArtiRock posted...
sano83 posted...
I also think that Tifa not stopping Cloud midscene in Kalm and say, no dude, you where not there, is pretty dumb, and should be in the same category of "characters not telling what they know only for the sake of a big reveal later", with Irvine and Auron, and maybe Balthier.
Auron is fine. Same for balthier. It's clearly intentionally done.
Tifa not doing that really bothers me to be honest.

"I was scared" really doesn't cut it when you see cloud suffering so much as a result of an identity crisis. She tries to confront him a junon and then just shrugs it off. It's really awful and really stains my liking towards her.

The issue is that even Tifa wasn’t fully convinced that her memories were correct. She doesn’t remember Cloud moving her and when Cloud knows things he’s apparently not supposed to, that throws her off.

Given the fact she suffered a life threatening injury and watched everyone she knows get slaughtered, it’s not hard to imagine her suffering from PTSD and fuzzy/suppressed memories due to the trauma.

The journey is equally about her verifying her own memories. Not to mention, if she had blurted out everything, it, in all likelihood, shatters Cloud’s psyche and ruins him.
Never forget Cait Sith #1.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: throva

throva
3 days ago#178
Not that there was much to ruin. Cloud was in a very bad state from the start. "Ouch... My Head!" Moments are all around, for instance. Anyone with half a brain can see he's not well, and them repeatedly ignoring it makes no sense, especially after he gave up the black materia.

It's far worse than anything in 10 or 13, in all honesty
angles are among us

User Info: Dropped_Emil

Dropped_Emil
3 days ago#179
BreakevenCloud posted...

The issue is that even Tifa wasn’t fully convinced that her memories were correct. She doesn’t remember Cloud moving her and when Cloud knows things he’s apparently not supposed to, that throws her off.

Given the fact she suffered a life threatening injury and watched everyone she knows get slaughtered, it’s not hard to imagine her suffering from PTSD and fuzzy/suppressed memories due to the trauma.

The journey is equally about her verifying her own memories. Not to mention, if she had blurted out everything, it, in all likelihood, shatters Cloud’s psyche and ruins him.

Shattering his psyche would most likely be the case. Any time he almost remembers something the Jenova cells seem to not want him to remember, he experiences pain. Like when he falls to his knees, grabbing his head and the screen goes red.
He also most likely wouldn't have believed her because of how convinced he is and how much influence the Jenova cells have over him.
The only thing she knows that is probably not true, but is unsure of, is him being in Nibelheim (but he was there, just not the way he believes). She has no way of knowing if he was in soldier or not.

Edit: The revelation later on is that they are both right and wrong. Her telling him he wasn't present for one of the most traumatic moments in his life would be a lie.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Kaliesto

Kaliesto
2 days ago#180
Just keep in mind that the VII script was not properly translated at times, and the original Japanese Script clears up a few issues.
Gimme dat, gimme dat, gimme dat DramaFAQs-misterbum
(edited 2 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Dumbest moment in the franchise?
  • Post New Message