• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Dumbest moment in the franchise?

User Info: KotR9001

KotR9001
4 days ago#11
Without a doubt, the worst moment is the orphanage plot twist in FFVIII. The reason it’s so unbelievably stupid is because it tries to make a twist out of something that shouldn’t be a twist at all. Then (if I remember correctly), it uses amnesia as a flimsy excuse to justify said twist.

User Info: sano83

sano83
4 days ago#12
KotR9001 posted...
Without a doubt, the worst moment is the orphanage plot twist in FFVIII. The reason it’s so unbelievably stupid is because it tries to make a twist out of something that shouldn’t be a twist at all. Then (if I remember correctly), it uses amnesia as a flimsy excuse to justify said twist.

Not just amnesia. GF juncioned to the mind amnesia.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
[Show...A Little More Respect ...For Faerie Tales, Riskbreaker.]

User Info: KotR9001

KotR9001
4 days ago#13
sano83 posted...
KotR9001 posted...

Regardless, it’s probably the dumbest plot twist of all time.

User Info: CranberryTaco

CranberryTaco
4 days ago#14
Nearly everything Tidus does. Also Snow.
1988. | AC Odyssey | 'Please be excite'
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: sano83

sano83
4 days ago#15
KotR9001 posted...
sano83 posted...
KotR9001 posted...

Oh, it wasnt a comment to defend it.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
[Show...A Little More Respect ...For Faerie Tales, Riskbreaker.]

User Info: Gaawa_chan

Gaawa_chan
4 days ago#16
The orphanage scene will always stand out in my head. There may be worse scenes and I could probably come up with several if I sat and thought about it for a while, but that twist was absolutely dreadful. It was awkward, contrived, and added nothing of value to the story... and it made Irvine an even worse character than he already was, because in light of this revelation it made NO sense that he would choose to abandon the team at the prison.

Other than that... let me think...

The marriage sub-plot in FFX was a big waste of time.

The terrible scripts in the FFXIII trilogy along with the waaaaaay too over the top rule of cool stuff ruins a lot of scenes that could have been much better.

FFXV's individual scenes tend to be good but the hodge-podge way the game was developed results in the story suffering as a whole rather than in its parts.

Large chunks of non-main titles have some REALLY bad scenes (X-2, Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core, and Before Crisis, notably).
Hi
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
4 days ago#17
sano83 posted...
KotR9001 posted...
sano83 posted...
KotR9001 posted...

Oh, it wasnt a comment to defend it.

The idea on paper isn't bad I don't think, it is just the fact that it only exists as a plot device. Oh, the source of all of our strength makes us lose our memories? One might expect that would fuel a tremendous amount of drama. "What happened in my past? Have I lost myself? Will continuing to use GFs erode my mind further?" Except GF amnesia is basically only acknowledged in this one scene, and nobody properly reacts with anguish and horror to the fact that their mind is in peril and only reacts with gooey wonder to the fact that they were all childhood friends.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP7lOxq8wmo8EACam5yamFuseoWkDOplr
GameFAQs Lounge playlist.

User Info: ArtiRock

ArtiRock
4 days ago#18
FF1: Finding out Garland was the mastermind behind everything.
FF2: Josef's death.
FF3: Mini and then having a rat as a boss (just the mini parts in general were really stupid and annoying).
FF4: Kain being mind controlled gets old.
FF5: Probably the chocobo not being able to fly because of crystals. It can't fly because of them, but then your characters pick them up and then get on the chocobo...? What?
FF6: Kefka "defeating" the emperor by moving some statues.
FF7: The moment you realize that they didn't show Cloud's pass with Zack as non-optional.
FF8: The reveal about Ultimecia. This is where the plot really starts to fall off rails.
FF9: Kuja being strong enough to take a blast to the face from the party (Bahamut), being "too powerful" for the party, but then constantly running away from them.
FF10: Kimahri fighting Tidus in the beginning. This literally makes no sense. And if you lose, it's a game over. I really don't get this at all.
FF12: Vaan and by extension Penelo continuing to tag along.
FF13: How Serah became a L'Cie.

I did not play 15.
This is the duty of the Grim Angels.

User Info: VanilleHopen

VanilleHopen
4 days ago#19
probably in ffx-2 when Clasko asks Yuna to board the airship to find his calling in life.......

one of the dialogue options for Yuna to say is "Later Loser".....

That is so out of place and such a disrespect to Yuna's character.. She would never say that or act like that. It was really bad
Currently living on Haru's forehead from P5 and I have a huge 20 acre backyard.

User Info: Mefuki

Mefuki
4 days ago#20
Most of the story in X-2 and the XIII trilogy are made up of mostly dumb scenes, so it's hard to pick one specifically.
https://www.twitch.tv/mefukii
I've had my name for years. It's a Japanese name. Don't worry, if you quote me, you won't be banned.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Dumbest moment in the franchise?
  • Post New Message