• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. HEADS UP: First Class Editions being charged this week!

User Info: marcbk

marcbk
6 days ago#21
I just 2 days ago send an e-mail to customer support 3 days ago regarding when can I expect the 1st class to be debited, they replied to me that they will start in a couple of weeks, and now you are saying that next week, it really is a joke on S-E store side, in this case Scalefast that manages the store.

They did it last year with KH 3 Bundle with the figures, they debited on December 26, and was released on January 29, now they had the shame to charge way early on the holidays and with 3 months ahead of release.

I would have been able if it was after December 15 but seems it won’t be possible and the nerve is that when I pre-ordered the shipping was cheaper, registered on the waiting list still to check and the shipping was way above when I initially pre-ordered.

I really don’t want to cancel it, but they really don’t give enough time with the pre-orders, at least one thing I like is that they don’t charge an initial pre-authorization pre-order like other stores, but what bothers me is that they supposedly charge with 3-2 weeks of release, not 3 months ahead of release.

Well will just have to wait, I could pay for it next week, but other priorities matter.

I really dont want to cancel it, but they really dont give enough time with the pre-orders, at least one thing I like is that they dont charge an initial pre-autorization pre-order like other stores, but what bothers me is that they supposedly charge with 3-2 weeks of release, not 3 months ahead of release.

Well will just have to wait, I could pay for it next week, but other priorities matter.

marcbk
6 days ago#22
Just checked the e-mail, why on earth it was on spam/junk, whatever.

Well according to the e-mail, if the 1st attempt to debit the order fails next week, there will be additional attempts through the next few months, it doesn’t say after many attempts the order will be canceled. Meaning the store will still try various attempts until it gets approved. Well that is reasonable, but as long if enough funds are available and doesn’t get canceled at least fine by me, gives more time to save for it.

So that doesn’t mean our orders for those that can’t fully debit will be given additional chances, just wrote to store support to check on this.

Perhaps the reason is like they said, cause lack of funds or expiration dates, and they are doing it ahead of time. For me as long of I don’t have currently enough funds and they don’t cancel it from my account, so I can debit myself later.

Waiting for tomorrow since Scalefast operates on Europe, not in the States.

User Info: DevilStrider

DevilStrider
6 days ago#23
marcbk posted...
Just checked the e-mail, why on earth it was on spam/junk, whatever.

Well according to the e-mail, if the 1st attempt to debit the order fails next week, there will be additional attempts through the next few months, it doesn’t say after many attempts the order will be canceled. Meaning the store will still try various attempts until it gets approved. Well that is reasonable, but as long if enough funds are available and doesn’t get canceled at least fine by me, gives more time to save for it.

So that doesn’t mean our orders for those that can’t fully debit will be given additional chances, just wrote to store support to check on this.

Perhaps the reason is like they said, cause lack of funds or expiration dates, and they are doing it ahead of time. For me as long of I don’t have currently enough funds and they don’t cancel it from my account, so I can debit myself later.

Waiting for tomorrow since Scalefast operates on Europe, not in the States.

They're literally charging 3 months out. If the funds and card expiration is an issue they could have just sent a reminder saying you will be charged 2 to 3 weeks from release. If they think people will have funds issues then, wait until next month. Lol they're decided to charge people during the holiday season.
GT: Devil Strider
PSN: DevilStrider

marcbk
6 days ago#24
DevilStrider posted...
They're literally charging 3 months out. If the funds and card expiration is an issue they could have just sent a reminder saying you will be charged 2 to 3 weeks from release. If they think people will have funds issues then, wait until next month. Lol they're decided to charge people during the holiday season.

Yes i know, and I agree they have started to charge for their anticipated titles, last year with Kingdom Hearts 3, also it is when S-E gave the "debit now" method, but also its when they decided to charge on December 26, but according the e-mail it does say our payment method will be given several attempts until the full payment is secured.

In part i agree that some times the payment fails on the S-E store, even if the card is valid or you have the full amount, saying cause it happened to me back on 2016 with Nier Automata Black Box 3-2 weeks before release, and it failed to be charged, reported it and advised to register for waiting list, got it and that instant ordered and went through just fine.

Let´s just wait and see how it goes.

User Info: GodinMinaar

GodinMinaar
5 days ago#25
Good. I would rather pay now and be done with it. (Deluxe)
I hope they make remake so large that I can spend fifty years strolling through it

User Info: Karnage891

Karnage891
5 days ago#26
GodinMinaar posted...
Good. I would rather pay now and be done with it. (Deluxe)

It's definitely not good. Having a pay now option at checkout would be good, but this is pretty much the ultimate scumbag move. Let's recap:

-They send out the email on thanksgiving day (for me anyway) presumably because they thought less people would notice
-The email is giving us less than a week heads up
-They've decided to just suddenly take people's money at the exact time of year that people are literally the brokest
-As far as I can tell, there is no option to delay the payment until closer to launch

And so you're going to end up with a lot of people in my situation, which is that I have the money to cover it in my account, but I can't let them take it because I need it for the holidays, and so the ONLY option I have is to cancel my 1st class preorder even though I'd easily be able to afford it in Feb/Mar because Squeenix decides I pay now or not at all.

If they were going to pull this crap then just charge upfront when you order. This is just shady and pathetic.
Children are small and weak, if one tried to attack me I could easily kill it. ~ MysticButtCrystal

User Info: Lewkis

Lewkis
5 days ago#27
Pretty sure all you'd need to do is tell your bank to block any debit withdrawals in the neighborhood of the amount SE is going to take (or specify SE themselves). The debit will fail and you'll likely get another email saying when the next attempt will be. Remove the block or pay for it when you can.

Bam, keep your pre-order intact and they don't take your money until you're ready.
Switch Friend Code: SW-2501-1996-2605
Justicecho posted...
Random. Kinda makes sense on one hand, but I mean that’s the risk of selling expensive pre-orders as well as why they always have a huge waitlist for people who fail to pay for it. Would also be better if SE would stop selling their top tier collectors editions solely on SE store because everything about that store has issues heh.

Their site is freaking terrible
What are you doing on computer? Go outside it's so beautifulll! Mrawww, c'mahhh!!
(edited 5 days ago)
Yup, got this a day or two ago.. Problem is I just spent over 2k on gifts for the family and myself so.. I may be f'ed, lol.

Even though I love VII, I'm kinda regretting my pre-order so I may just cancel it especially since it's the SQEX store which I'm not a huge fan of.

marcbk
5 days ago#30
Well, just got confirmation from S-E Store Support.

The 1st attempt to debit for the physical editions at the S-E Store they think it will be around December 4th (but they are not 100% sure yet if it will be that day), and not to worry yet and not rush to cancel if we want it and don't have enoght funds, more attempts will be made to debit our accounts further on down the line, meaning we will not lose our orders.

But they didnt gave me a the specific number of attempts we'll have, so unsure on that part and when will be the time next attempts will take place, meaning if it will be once a week or every 2 weeks, store is aware we are outraged for this cause of Holiday expenses and got an apology.

I pass the Death Stranding CE for the FFVII Re 1st CLASS and have LastofUs2CE pre-ordered (want to swith for the Ellie until more stock is available), want this Bundle with the Claude figure, but unsure since it is really expensive, but I want it, if it was a Bright Arts I would have pass, those are awful after a bad experience with the Toy Box Kingdom Hearts 3 figures, but Play Arts are better quality, still love my FFXV UltimateCE Noctis.

Any issues call either to the S-E support regarding you payment and situation and also your bank if you have the funds, that you dont wish for the Square-Enix (Scalefast) to debit your account yet.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. HEADS UP: First Class Editions being charged this week!
  • Post New Message