• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. The effort they're putting into this is nothing to scoff at

User Info: TotallyABrobot

TotallyABrobot
1 month ago#61
throva posted...
They could add a "weaker graphics" option to make it feasible and give the "improved graphics" a "remaster" treatment to make it prettier. It's better than alienating players who didn't/couldn't buy a PS5 but enjoyed FFVIIRI...

it would probably suck, but...

How can you get better graphics than what we already have?
DM me if you wanna be friends on Discord
"It's such a bad idea that they removed it like, 2 games ago!"

User Info: Arvis_Jaggamar

Arvis_Jaggamar
1 month ago#62
The_Undying_84 posted...
Cinematography, animations, and setpieces are all graphics, IE purely visual nonsense which mean nothing to game play
I mean, without these you'd have a text-based adventure. I'd say that affects gameplay, imo. Part of the joy of playing an RPG is exploring a beautiful fantasy world.
Currently Playing: Trails of Cold Steel III

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
1 month ago#63
TotallyABrobot posted...
How can you get better graphics than what we already have?
Better lighting, more atmospheric/volumetric effects, better rendering ability, faster loading of assets and more details overall. Can basically look at games that release nearly simultaneously on pc and PS4 and see the maxed out graphics on the pc to see how things can be better with better/faster processing power.

Arvis_Jaggamar
1 month ago#64
Justicecho posted...
Can basically look at games that release nearly simultaneously on pc and PS4 and see the maxed out graphics on the pc to see how things can be better with better/faster processing power
A good example is FFXV on PS4 versus PC. The difference is noticeable, but incremental at best.

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
1 month ago#65
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
I mean, without these you'd have a text-based adventure. I'd say that affects gameplay, imo. Part of the joy of playing an RPG is exploring a beautiful fantasy world.

A text based adventure would be be better than any recent FF games.

Visuals should be the lowest priority, but for Square Enix, they are the highest.
bloop

Arvis_Jaggamar
1 month ago#66
The_Undying_84 posted...
A text based adventure would be be better than any recent FF games.

Visuals should be the lowest priority, but for Square Enix, they are the highest.
If this is truly how you feel and isn't just toxic hyperbole, then I don't know what to tell you. Your complaints seem to be more about genre preferences than anything else. I don't like FFXIV because I don't like MMORPGs. But that doesn't mean it's helpful for myself or anyone to go to the XIV boards and criticize the game for not being single-player offline.

Final Fantasy has always been about a more cinematic, story-driven experience. With this franchise, Square appropriately emphasizes aspects of game development that will more adequately deliver the story to the audience. They might mess up important parts of the story itself (as does any RPG), but the fact is that the high production value does help the audience connect to the world, setting, and characters.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. The effort they're putting into this is nothing to scoff at
  • Topic Archived