• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. The effort they're putting into this is nothing to scoff at

User Info: GodinMinaar

GodinMinaar
2 days ago#51
I do not want to be forced to sell my brand new playstation to buy a brand new playstation. It would be a downgrade for me.
I hope they make remake so large that I can spend fifty years strolling through it

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
2 days ago#52
blitz_0623 posted...
Good info, though what I'll say is the next gen versions still ended up great at least IMO. Must have been hell for developers though. Again, as I do plan on getting the PS5 at launch I'd rather part 2 onwards be next gen exclusive so no issues for me whatever they do with it.
Yeah same. I want part 2 exclusive to PS5 specifically because of experiences where dev has to split time/resources into appeasing multiple generations. But also wouldn't be tooooo upset if they waited till part 3 to make the full jump.

I also think MGS came out ok, but what was supposed to be there that a lot of people never got to see is sad to think about, but also had the whole fiasco of firing Kojima in the middle of production too and then steam rolling straight to release was a whole other issue heh.
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
The_Undying_84 posted...
They put all the efforts into the graphics and none into anything else, as Square Enix always does.
Story, animation, setpieces, character growth/progression, gameplay variety, customization, voice acting, cinematography, music, extras/minigames..... they're not putting ANY effort into any of those things?

Well half of those things fall under the umbrella of graphics, and the story and music will just be copied from the original, and the game play will be a thinly veiled clone of KH, so yes.
bloop
The_Undying_84 posted...
Well half of those things fall under the umbrella of graphics
Which half, specifically?

The_Undying_84 posted...
the story and music will just be copied from the original
A lot of people here wish you were right about this and yet they complain ad nauseum about it being just the opposite.

The_Undying_84 posted...
the game play will be a thinly veiled clone of KH
What are you basing this on? Because KH doesn't have tactical mode, full party control or ATB, all of which will, ostensibly, completely change the gameplay experience.
Ofc, neither of us has played it yet, so I guess we'll see.
Currently Playing: Trails of Cold Steel III
Cinematography, animations, and setpieces are all graphics, IE purely visual nonsense which mean nothing to game play.

The vast majority of the work on story will obviously be copied from the original. Anything new will be A. Some s*** they wrote years ago anyways, not NEW work, and/or
B. Very low effort filler.
Because those are the only real explanations for the episodic nature. Either they had a bunch of ideas sitting around that they never got to implement in the original - which they must have had BEFORE deciding to split it up and thus before development began - or they're just doing it for the money, and any extra content they make to try to justify it will be as lazy as possible.

Music wise, as far as I know they haven't shown anything that isn't just a rearrangement of the original's, and there's little reason to expect that to change (the most beyond that I could see happening is simply adding rearrangements of songs from other old FF games).

Everything Nomura makes looks exactly like KH. Versus did too before he was taken off it (and XV still isn't much different). This is just KH where you can switch to controlling Donald and Goofy.

Given that tactical mode is separate from the difficulty setting (as opposed to classic mode which is a separate difficulty), it's pretty clear they didn't put much effort into balancing. The difference between using it all the time and never would theoretically be very large - the AI controlling everything 2/3's of the party does, vs. you controlling every ATB move, SHOULD make a huge difference. The fact that it apparently does not make enough of a difference to warrant a distinct difficulty mode pretty clearly means they're balancing it around you not using it at all, and that using it will make the game extremely easy (if it's not extremely easy to begin with).
It's much like XIII and autobattle. You can easily beat the game only using it, and the only sense in which they balanced for the possibility of not using it is the quick and easy star rating system they put in.
bloop
(edited 1 day ago)

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
1 day ago#56
Hey man it takes a lot of work to arrange music.

Since they're going with an orchestra, there is no half assing around with that.

Jesus it's disappointing how some people just underplay how much work is done to create something... It's more effort than you'd think.
meteora88 posted...
Hey man it takes a lot of work to arrange music.

Since they're going with an orchestra, there is no half assing around with that.

Jesus it's disappointing how some people just underplay how much work is done to create something... It's more effort than you'd think.

Skeptical of this claim.

But I have nothing against the people working on the music anyways (at least, presently, I would if they do a s***ty job). All the stupid ass s*** Nomura and Kitase are doing has nothing to do with their job. They'd be doing pretty much the same thing in a turn based, non-episodic remake.
bloop

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
1 day ago#58
The_Undying_84 posted...
Skeptical of this claim.

But I have nothing against the people working on the music anyways (at least, presently, I would if they do a s***ty job). All the stupid ass s*** Nomura and Kitase are doing has nothing to do with their job. They'd be doing pretty much the same thing in a turn based, non-episodic remake.

You can be skeptical about story, gameplay, and whatnot, but not music.

I play piano, and the sheer effort it takes to arrange and make music with different instruments coming together to perform even one piece is pretty big. What we've heard so far is music arranged from scratch with actual instruments, not s***ty midi or sound files.

It's as you said, the music guys are separate from the Nomura and Kitase.

Everything else about the game aside, the music department has been stellar. I might not like some of the new arrangements, but I can appreciate the immense effort all the same.
I'm satisfied. Just worried about the rest of the Remake

User Info: Relinquished

Relinquished
1 day ago#60
PumpkinBelmont posted...
YungLeviathan posted...
It really does look like they’re going all out for this game.

I can’t f***ing wait. Possibly my most anticipated game ever made!

I thought that was FFXV?

Sure wasn't FFIX or Tactics...
Everybody 1) is a genius, 2) is an alt, and 3) has bad taste.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. The effort they're putting into this is nothing to scoff at
  • Post New Message