• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. The effort they're putting into this is nothing to scoff at

User Info: chaos5055

chaos5055
2 days ago#41
SSJKirby posted...
I hope part 2 is exclusive to next gen

Why would you even say that? That would be incredibly stupid.

User Info: Ravus

Ravus
2 days ago#42
chaos5055 posted...
I agree with SSJKirby though, it would probably result in a much better game. I don't want part 2 to be held back by the limitations of 10 year old hardware, especially since part 2 will contain the world map.
PS4 has the power of a 2013 gaming laptop. I'd hate for Part 2 to be compromised because of hardware limitations.

By the time Part 2 releases a lot of people will have already bought a PS5 anyway so i don't see the issue.
Do you really want to play Part 2 on PS4 in 2022 or 2023?
"Being overconfident and being stupid are two sides of the same coin. I wonder which side you're on?"

User Info: throva

throva
2 days ago#43
They could add a "weaker graphics" option to make it feasible and give the "improved graphics" a "remaster" treatment to make it prettier. It's better than alienating players who didn't/couldn't buy a PS5 but enjoyed FFVIIRI...

it would probably suck, but...
angles are among us

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
2 days ago#44
Ravus posted...
chaos5055 posted...
I agree with SSJKirby though, it would probably result in a much better game. I don't want part 2 to be held back by the limitations of 10 year old hardware, especially since part 2 will contain the world map.
PS4 has the power of a 2013 gaming laptop. I'd hate for Part 2 to be compromised because of hardware limitations.

By the time Part 2 releases a lot of people will have already bought a PS5 anyway so i don't see the issue.
Do you really want to play Part 2 on PS4 in 2022 or 2023?

What, you guys never heard of cross-gen games? They can easily optimize a PS5 version while still making a playable PS4 version. Hell even Persona 5 came out on PS3 11 years after the console came out. Didn't stop the PS4 version from being great

There is absolutely no way Square ignores the 100m+ PS4 base if Part 2 comes out early in the PS5 lifecycle. But again, it's Square

If it were a 1st party exclusive I'd understand if Sony makes it PS5 only to drive more sales but Square will want to target as many people as possible. Wouldn't be surprised if Part 2 also becomes multiplat
(edited 2 days ago)

Ravus
2 days ago#45
throva posted...
They could add a "weaker graphics" option to make it feasible and give the "improved graphics" a "remaster" treatment to make it prettier. It's better than alienating players who didn't/couldn't buy a PS5 but enjoyed FFVIIRI...

it would probably suck, but...
Graphics isn't the only thing changing when you jump hardware, the way you design the entire game changes entirely. The scale of setpieces, the level design, the combat mechanics, the amount of npcs and enemies that can be rendered on screen, the animation bones, the particles, the AI etc all have to be adjusted.

The more powerful the hardware, the more complicated its mechanics, level design and all of the above stuff i mentioned can be. If 7R part 2 is a cross gen game it will definitely be held back by the PS4 hardware, this is a fact. There is no such thing as downgrading the AI or making the geometry less complex on PS4 compared to PS5, they'd have to make 2 different versions with huge differences between them for that to happen and that's definitely not as simple as "downgrading graphics".

FFXV wouldn't run on a PS3/Xbox360 just by downgrading its resolution, polygon count and texture detail. The only way that could happen is it was a cross gen title from the start and even then it wouldn't look or play anything like it does now even on PS4.
"Being overconfident and being stupid are two sides of the same coin. I wonder which side you're on?"

Ravus
2 days ago#46
blitz_0623 posted...
Hell even Persona 5 came out on PS3 11 years after the console came out.
That game was a cross gen title from the start and in no way does it take advantage of the PS4 hardware in terms of game design, which is why it barely looks or plays any different aside from being 1080p and having higher fps.

Ravus
2 days ago#47
blitz_0623 posted...
There is absolutely no way Square ignores the 100m+ PS4 base
They abandoned the SNES for PS1 with FF7 and they abandoned the 160+ million combined userbase of the ps360 with XV.
By the time Part 2 releases the PS5/Xbox Scarlet will have a respectable install base and that's not even counting the PC which 7R is bound to release on at some point.

I seriously doubt SE will allow themselves to be held back by the PS4 and release an outdated game compared to their AAA competitors, especially since everyone will be aiming for a "seamless" game design with the SSD and CPU upgrade of the new consoles. I just don't see it happening.

blitz_0623
2 days ago#48
Ravus posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
There is absolutely no way Square ignores the 100m+ PS4 base
They abandoned the SNES for PS1 with FF7 and they abandoned the 160+ million combined userbase of the ps360 with XV.
By the time Part 2 releases the PS5/Xbox Scarlet will have a respectable install base and that's not even counting the PC which 7R is bound to release on at some point.

I seriously doubt SE will allow themselves to be held back by the PS4 and release an outdated game compared to their AAA competitors, especially since everyone will be aiming for a "seamless" game design with the SSD and CPU upgrade of the new consoles. I just don't see it happening.

Lol you can't use the SNES as an example, it was impossible to make FF7 for that console. Nintendo refusing to buy into the CD-Rom medium was exactly the reason why Square decided to jumpship

Regarding XV, you're assuming part 2 comes out 3 years after the PS5 comes out then, which is at the earliest November 2023? I expect it around early 2022. Keep in mind that it may still remain a PS5 exclusive unlike XV which pretty much cuts in half the expected sales (more or less).

I agree, as proven by Sony exclusives that it's better to just make it PS5/next-gen exclusive but I would have no problems if they made a PS4 version. Persona 5 was just an example, but there are other games like MGS V that did not really get 'limited' by the older generation of consoles, but admittedly could have been better had they designed it for next-gen exclusively
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
2 days ago#49
blitz_0623 posted...
Lol you can't use the SNES as an example, it was impossible to make FF7 for that console. Nintendo refusing to buy into the CD-Rom medium was exactly the reason why Square decided to jumpship

Regarding XV, you're assuming part 2 comes out 3 years after the PS5 comes out then, which is at the earliest November 2023? I expect it around early 2022. Keep in mind that it may still remain a PS5 exclusive unlike XV which pretty much cuts in half the expected sales (more or less).

I agree, as proven by Sony exclusives that it's better to just make it PS5/next-gen exclusive but I would have no problems if they made a PS4 version. Persona 5 was just an example, but there are other games like MGS V that did not really get 'limited' by the older generation of consoles, but admittedly could have been better had they designed it for next-gen exclusively
I worked on MGSV it 100% did get held back by being multi generational. There were a ton of issues coding it for X360 and the previous gen versions were almost scrapped a bunch of times. Had to cut a bunch of stuff from the ps4/x0ne versions for the game to work on ps3 and 360. Konami basically forced it to be on all 4 systems in order to get more money out of it, but no one working on it really wanted it on the old consoles, at least not from what I saw heard internally.

blitz_0623
2 days ago#50
Justicecho posted...
blitz_0623 posted...

I worked on MGSV it 100% did get held back by being multi generational. There were a ton of issues coding it for X360 and the previous gen versions were almost scrapped a bunch of times. Had to cut a bunch of stuff from the ps4/x0ne versions for the game to work on ps3 and 360. Konami basically forced it to be on all 4 systems in order to get more money out of it, but no one working on it really wanted it on the old consoles, at least not from what I saw heard internally.

Good info, though what I'll say is the next gen versions still ended up great at least IMO. Must have been hell for developers though. Again, as I do plan on getting the PS5 at launch I'd rather part 2 onwards be next gen exclusive so no issues for me whatever they do with it.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. The effort they're putting into this is nothing to scoff at
  • Post New Message