• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. The effort they're putting into this is nothing to scoff at

User Info: ifnsman

ifnsman
1 week ago#11
KarmelCHAOS posted...
NotxAzazel posted...
Feels good to read some genuine positivity for once on this board.

8/6/2018: 32nd Anniversary of the Metroid series / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFsaehtn-z4 (Woot!!)
I am very excite!

User Info: YungLeviathan

YungLeviathan
1 week ago#13
It really does look like they’re going all out for this game.

I can’t f***ing wait. Possibly my most anticipated game ever made!
YungLeviathan posted...

I thought that was FFXV?

User Info: Marozi

Marozi
1 week ago#15
This reminds me a lot of the RE2 remake.

I think the passion the dev-team and everyone involved has for the project shines through very well. They clearly want to be faithful to the game and make it as good as they can; not just cash in on the name and property.

But in the same vein, they're not JUST satisfied remaking it on a 1:1 basis. They want to expand plot points, areas, and gameplay systems. And that makes me very happy.
GT: Moondogtk PSN: Moondogtk: SFV: MovesLikeHaggar

User Info: KotR9001

KotR9001
1 week ago#16
Ravus posted...
I was always a lurker but the latest news made me want to make an account to talk about how impressed i am with the work the devs are doing. I forgot i already had one made years ago.

It looks like the team is doing their utmost to care for this title in all facets, not just battle system and visuals, but even those are well beyond anyone's original expectations years ago when this was announced.
The original creators, directors, producers are on it and know not to just make a flashy product but really do the original justice and it really shows.

The dedication that the development team has put into this, and continues to put into this should be rewarded.
I hope people continue to praise the dev team, because they could have easily rushed out something and tried to cash in like so many "remake" things do these days. Instead, they have done the opposite and have continued to go the extra mile.
Their latest interviews really resonate, but especially the ones from Naoki Hamaguchi. I love his story as a developer. This game is being made by the original creators plus fanboys of the original who are experts at game creation and i could ask for nothing more.

You can also tell they're really not sparing expenses on this game's development, graphics look picture perfect with everything looking crispy and meticulously polished, down to the smallest details, combat, summons and level progression/weapon upgrading systems show they thought things through a lot instead of just making a KH clone.
They're really going all out and betting hard on this, it's their golden egg chocobo after all. I hope it lives up to their projections and our expectations!

Tetsuya Nomura confirming that they started working on Part 2 was just the icing on the cake and i hope that they won't rush Part 2 out and will instead take as much time as they need to make it great, especially since Pt.2 will probably have some of the best story moments from the original like the Kalm Flashback.

What do you guys think? Are you satisfied with what they've shown so far?

To be sure! I would've liked them to do about half a dozen things differently with the battle system, but I think this game looks phenomenal otherwise. It clearly has a lot of things that FFXV should've had from the get-go, and no one in their right mind would deny that the developers put a lot of work into it.

What we've seen from the visuals, music, story, (a majority of) combat, minigames, etc looks breathtaking.

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
1 week ago#17
My money will definitely be well spent.
http://i.imgur.com/yfO1rbV.jpg

User Info: DarkFists

DarkFists
1 week ago#18
It's definitely one of my most anticipated games this year (alongside DBZ Kakarot, Tales of Arise, and a few other upcoming rpgs), and the screenshots and gameplay videos showing just how much love was put into it definitely helped with the hype. FF7 isn't my favorite FF by a long shot, but it still manages to fill me with warm feelings from my childhood, which brings a wave of nostalgia that could be beneficial...or absolutely detrimental XD

Now if FF4 or 9 got a remake in this style...the nostalgia would absolutely hit so hard it's detrimental
"The starting point is of the utmost importance."
https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/profiles/76561198082054527/#sort=order

User Info: YungLeviathan

YungLeviathan
1 week ago#19
PumpkinBelmont posted...
YungLeviathan posted...

I thought that was FFXV?

Uhh...no?

I was bad-mouthing that game for years because the previews made it look like garbage. It wasn’t until a friend literally bought me a copy cause they said it was that good, that I finally gave it a chance.

User Info: Ravus

Ravus
6 days ago#20
DarkFists posted...
Now if FF4 or 9 got a remake in this style...the nostalgia would absolutely hit so hard it's detrimental
I feel you, FF9 remake in this style would be crazy, Alexandria would look amazing.
"Being strong and being stupid are two sides of the same coin. I wonder which side you're on?"
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. The effort they're putting into this is nothing to scoff at
  • Post New Message