• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. PART 2 Already developing!

User Info: Merrith

Merrith
1 day ago#31
unitedinkilling posted...
"it will never happen,it will never go past part1" haters where u at?

part 2 in 2021 part 3 in 2022

save this post

This feels optimistic, but I'm more than willing to wait if we end up getting multiple quality games out of this.

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
1 day ago#32
GeminiEntity posted...
Pretty much that, and just being dramatic like twitter lol.
4-6 seems the most logical, maybe 7-8 if it's pushed to 4 parts (unlikely).

User Info: jbergman

jbergman
1 day ago#33
I can't believe anyone would think we will have the full game by 2022, I'd say maybe by 2024-25 and that's a big maybe considering how the development of this has been handled

Ill buy it when the full game is released, I dont pay for half arsed money grabs no matter how much I loved the original...
PSN: Bergmanj

User Info: madrileno23

madrileno23
1 day ago#34

save this post

My guess -
Part 2 - Late 2021
Part 3 - Early 2023
Part 4 - Late 2024

Assuming 4 parts is enough, if they need a 5th, I would peg that in Early 2026

18 months between each installment.
PSN - madrileno23 XBL - thatchefdude
Playing - PS4 - Reside Evil Series (0,1, CV) XB1 - Gears of War 1-4
madrileno23 posted...

save this post

My guess -
Part 2 - Late 2021
Part 3 - Early 2023
Part 4 - Late 2024

I'd say this is a pretty reasonable estimate give that the XIV team can crank out an expansion every 21 months on the dot, and the XIII trilogy was able to do the same in roughly two years each game.

So long as Nomura and Kitase don't try to reinvent the wheel each game with new graphics and combat / game play mechanics like what Xenosaga did (which is one of the biggest factors to it's downfall), an 18-20 month release window between games is pretty reasonable.
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
(edited 1 day ago)

User Info: fall2014

fall2014
1 day ago#36
Will this mean that you'll need a completed save file from part one to play part two?

Or will you start fresh on part two?
fall2014 posted...
Will this mean that you'll need a completed save file from part one to play part two?

Or will you start fresh on part two?

Each game is going to be a stand alone game like the XIII trilogy or Xenosaga, so there likely won't be any carry over from your save files other than a few Easter eggs or if the game has any meaningful choices that can affect the narrative (which is doubtful given this is a JRPG).

Nothing is set in stone yet, but even if there is carry over, you won't be required to purchase any previous games to play the latest installment.
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
(edited 1 day ago)

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
1 day ago#38
madrileno23 posted...
My guess -
Part 2 - Late 2021
Part 3 - Early 2023
Part 4 - Late 2024

I’d add a year to each one just to be safe, but otherwise pretty much. Visual Works is going to be extremely busy the next half decade or so.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. PART 2 Already developing!
  • Post New Message