• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. PART 2 Already developing!

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
1 week ago#11
amerk posted...
I don't expect 5 years for each additional part,

i expect longer to be honest the PS5 will have a more expensive cost to dev for (just like going into the PS3 did) and this will cause delays
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: angolmoa

angolmoa
4 days ago#12
they can allready be half in on part 2 already we dont know how far they are.
Love video game much as life it self=)

User Info: Eagleeyejack

Eagleeyejack
4 days ago#13
shortstackk posted...
Always good to know that FF7R is continuing smoothly, but i dont think part 2 and part 3 will come out too soon afterwards. I could be wrong but i think it would be a safe bet to say 3 years minimum for part 2 and maybe 2.5 years or 3 years again for part 3.

shortstackk posted...
Always good to know that FF7R is continuing smoothly, but i dont think part 2 and part 3 will come out too soon afterwards. I could be wrong but i think it would be a safe bet to say 3 years minimum for part 2 and maybe 2.5 years or 3 years again for part 3.
The hardest part is the groundwork, engine, animations, models, and that will be mostly done with episode 1. It should not take them nearly as long to push out the follow-ups. 3 years between parts is absurd for a episodic game.

Feel free to Private message me if you want to speak to me.

User Info: shortstackk

shortstackk
4 days ago#14
Eagleeyejack posted...

The hardest part is the groundwork, engine, animations, models, and that will be mostly done with episode 1. It should not take them nearly as long to push out the follow-ups. 3 years between parts is absurd for a episodic game.

The reason i say this is because of what Kitase said during E3, here is the statement but will post the link also.

"We then asked if they expect development for future games in the Final Fantasy VII Remake compilation to take a shorter time to develop. Kitase answered candidly, saying that while characters and the like are done and that will make some things easier, new environments will likely still take some time. "I do not expect it to be dramatically shorter," he said."

https://www.gameinformer.com/e3-2019/2019/06/11/development-of-further-final-fantasy-vii-games-wont-be-much-faster

I dont think part 2 will take as long as part 1 did, I just dont expect it soon. So in my mind i can see 3 years being a realistic time frame, Maybe even 3 and a half years.
Recording to logbook
(edited 4 days ago)
unitedinkilling posted...
"it will never happen,it will never go past part1" haters where u at?

Standing in line for Xenogears 2. Why do you ask?

User Info: texanfan27

texanfan27
4 days ago#16
How far will part 1 go likely? End of midgar?

also watch there is no world map in part 2 or 3, more linear.
Yes, I'm now a ? Block. Now how do I stop people from punching me thinking they will get power-ups?

User Info: seven13

seven13
4 days ago#17
If they have already started part 2 then very likely itll be on ps4. They wouldnt waste all the assests they have from making part 1 from the ground up on ps4. So Im also guessing 2021 part 2. Part 3 definitely on ps5 though and may take 3-4 years to make.

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
4 days ago#18
seven13 posted...
If they have already started part 2 then very likely itll be on ps4. They wouldnt waste all the assests they have from making part 1 from the ground up on ps4. So Im also guessing 2021 part 2. Part 3 definitely on ps5 though and may take 3-4 years to make.
Only the main character models and maybe furniture and stuff is reusable though. Outside that, world design, traversal, architecture, npcs, monsters, mission structure and everything else is vastly different from Midgar. We’ll see though in a couple years how much is really done or reused. I’m sure they’ll reuse as much as possible in order to cut corners.

User Info: seven13

seven13
4 days ago#19
Justicecho posted...
seven13 posted...
Only the main character models and maybe furniture and stuff is reusable though. Outside that, world design, traversal, architecture, npcs, monsters, mission structure and everything else is vastly different from Midgar. We’ll see though in a couple years how much is really done or reused. I’m sure they’ll reuse as much as possible in order to cut corners.

By assests I dont really mean literally copy and pasting things from part 1. More referring to the engine used, the battle system, models of characters/enemies etc. All of that would have to be remade from the ground up if they switch to the ps5.

User Info: EAims

EAims
3 days ago#20
seven13 posted...
By assests I dont really mean literally copy and pasting things from part 1. More referring to the engine used, the battle system, models of characters/enemies etc. All of that would have to be remade from the ground up if they switch to the ps5.
Not necessarily. If the ps5 is truly backwards compatible to the ps4 it might not be so bad.
A b c d e f guy, h I j k l m n o buddy, q r s t u fwend, w x eh! and (pfft). These are the Canadian ABC's, Susie likes hairy b**** what do you think of these?
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. PART 2 Already developing!
  • Post New Message