• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Take a stab at how many parts the remake will consist of.

User Info: EAims

EAims
2 weeks ago#21
Omegawoof posted...
4 parts.

Part 1: Midgar escape
Part 2: Boat leaving the first continent. Jenova final boss.
Part 3: Temple of the Ancients.
Part 4: Rest of the game.
That's just no. That's like the next 30 minutes of the game. At least make it go to golden saucer.
A b c d e f guy, h I j k l m n o buddy, q r s t u fwend, w x eh! and (pfft). These are the Canadian ABC's, Susie likes hairy b**** what do you think of these?

User Info: Omegawoof

Omegawoof
2 weeks ago#22
Town with Flashback
The Flashback itself
Chocobo Ranch
Cave after the worm fight
Yuffie
Fort Condo
Junon

Frankly this is more content than just Midgar IMO.
WHERE IS RED XIII SQUARE?
GIVE ME MY NANAKI TRAILER ALREADY!!!

User Info: EAims

EAims
2 weeks ago#23
Omegawoof posted...
Town with Flashback
The Flashback itself
Chocobo Ranch
Cave after the worm fight
Yuffie
Fort Condo
Junon

Frankly this is more content than just Midgar IMO.
Even if you sped through midgar it'd still take you a few hours to complete and there's quite a few story points.

What you just described has little to do with anything.

Kalm is briefly story driven.
Choco farm is only there to avoid the zolom. Cave is a regular short dungeon.
Yuffie is technically optional but I'll give you this for importance.
Fort condor is 100% optional. Last few times i played i completely skipped it until the end.
Junon itself isn't important, it's a just a means to get you on a boat. But the jenova fight is pretty serious.

But again, this is also a half hour to an hour tops. At least the golden saucer stuff would add more more time, couple of more dungeons, some more story bits, etc.

I still think it'll be done in 3. But you're 4 makes sense if you push back part 2 a bit more imo.
A b c d e f guy, h I j k l m n o buddy, q r s t u fwend, w x eh! and (pfft). These are the Canadian ABC's, Susie likes hairy b**** what do you think of these?

User Info: khain37

khain37
2 weeks ago#24
I'd prefer 3, but I think they can make it 4. Harder part is trying to decide a good "stopping point" in-between each game. Also, not sure if there is much more to add to the rest of the game as they are supposedly doing with Midgar.

I'd like to think once they get the world map mechanics hashed out, a lot of places we visit are "smaller towns" which don't have a ton going on besides passing through unless they add more content.

So my best guess is:

1) Through escaping Midgar

2) End with Tiny Bronco escape/crash? This would include a few noteworthy areas like Mt. Nibel, Cosmo Canyon, Gold Saucer, Junon and boat ride and the Mountain pass area as well as the Flashback scene in Kalm. Minor areas included are Chocobo Ranch, Fort Condor, Costa Del Sol, Nibelheim itself (and Mansion unless they make getting Vincent somewhat mandatory and make you go there as part of story progression) and Rocket town.

3) End with Diamond Weapon attack? This would include Temple of the Ancients and Forgotten City, Great Glacier and Northern Crater, Mideel/Lifestream and Huge Materia quests. Notable Optional content would be Wutai and Sunken Gelinka along with Gold Saucer Battle Square, Digging for items in Bone village. Possibly allow for Ultima Weapon fight/Ancient forest.

4) Final chapter would be Return to Midgar (maybe they can expand on some stuff to make this longer?) and the Norther Crater pt2/Final Boss plus all the remaining side quest stuff. A bit thin here as I'm looking at it so maybe they spread part2/3 out to give this more meat or maybe they find a way to condense into 3 parts.
FFRK RW:
Main: Tyro (lvl 99) God Wall - FCv2; Alt: Auron USB - Syzo

User Info: Demonic_Essence

Demonic_Essence
2 weeks ago#25
I said 7 but realistically 10, if it gets past 1. Nomura has a bad track record lately.
Political correctness is ruining the world, you people need to f*** off already.
There is that good enough for your bulls*** censoring.......F***

User Info: Ifrit19

Ifrit19
2 weeks ago#26
3 to 5 would be my guess based off some of the previous posts mentioning which parts are likely to be in each game (i refer to those comments cause the furthest i've gotten into FF7 was leaving Midgar and somehow getting to Yuffie and the Leviathan quest....dropped it after that cause even though i was somewhat interested in the story i hated the combat system...the main draw to FFVIIR for me is the change to the battle system, though the episodic nature pisses me off enough that i won't be buying it until all parts release).

As for some arguments made against some people's opinions on where the game may end (such as the argument against ending at Junon) they can just add new story content/rewrite it to be part of the main story like they're doing with Midgar and expand further on it...with that said i'd rather they get as much content in the game as possible to reduce the amount of parts made for the Remake...since i'd rather only need to buy only 2 or 3 parts instead of 4+.

User Info: Ravus

Ravus
2 weeks ago#27
I say 3 is the safest bet. I am hoping for 2 though.

User Info: Seraphor

Seraphor
2 weeks ago#28
I'm expecting a trilogy.
With some plot points mixed up and rearranged, part 2 could end with aeriths death, then we'd get vincent and yuffie in part 3.
Some funky spirit s*** will go down in part 3 that screws with the original plot entirely and pads it out a bit, while making aerith still relevant.
https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/19620823/
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Take a stab at how many parts the remake will consist of.
  • Topic Archived