• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. SE is saying they see and will depict Cloud as dorky, more in line with OG Cloud

User Info: -MrMojoRisin-

-MrMojoRisin-
3 weeks ago#11
1Tekkaman posted...
The "cold, uncaring" part disappears without a trace no later than when he meet Aerith.

Who? You mean the slum drunk?

Hehe. I hope they keep dialogue options intact in this game.
PSN o-MrMojoRisin-o
Embrace the Journey - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHXjcdNIN-Q

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
3 weeks ago#12
Foxhound3857 posted...
1Tekkaman posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...
I never saw Cloud as a wisecrack in the original. He was more like Squall to me, cold, uncaring, and of few words.

The "cold, uncaring" part disappears without a trace no later than when he meet Aerith.

The same can be said of Squall shortly after he becomes a SeeD, at least after the Quistis segment in the training area.

Incorrect. Squall is still shown to be largely cool and aloof outside his interactions with Rinoa for quite some time afterward. The training area bit just annoys him.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: Rikkus_dad

Rikkus_dad
3 weeks ago#13
OG Cloud wasn't dorky in the slightest until later in the game - at the beginning he was cold and stoic, then he has a short phase where he's miserable and lacking confidence, after he gets through that then he's kinda dorky, and even then it's only the odd moment or two.
If you don't care about something, then it's "I couldn't care less" NOT "I could care less"! Why do so many English speakers get this wrong?
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
3 weeks ago#14
1Tekkaman posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...
1Tekkaman posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...
I never saw Cloud as a wisecrack in the original. He was more like Squall to me, cold, uncaring, and of few words.

The same can be said of Squall shortly after he becomes a SeeD, at least after the Quistis segment in the training area.

Incorrect. Squall is still shown to be largely cool and aloof outside his interactions with Rinoa for quite some time afterward. The training area bit just annoys him.

He seems pretty caring during the Deling City segment to me.
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.

User Info: crono12064

crono12064
3 weeks ago#15
I wonder why the TC thinks Cloud should be flirting with Jessie. He never did that in the original.

Outside of optional dialogue choices, Cloud doesn't actually flirt with any of the females in the game.
"I want to remind you that life is an RPG, so have fun!" - Yuji Horii

1Tekkaman
3 weeks ago#16
Foxhound3857 posted...
1Tekkaman posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...
1Tekkaman posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...

He seems pretty caring during the Deling City segment to me.

Only toward Rinoa and a tiny bit with Irvine. The rest is his usual stoicism.

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
3 weeks ago#17
crono12064 posted...
I wonder why the TC thinks Cloud should be flirting with Jessie. He never did that in the original.

Outside of optional dialogue choices, Cloud doesn't actually flirt with any of the females in the game.

Yeah, Aeris was the one who shoehorned him into going out on a date with her. Though I think that's at least partially because she saw a lot of Zack in him, and/or she knew she was going to die soon.
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.

User Info: zombie_basher13

zombie_basher13
3 weeks ago#18
sano83 posted...
I read depict Cloud as a donkey.

And now I am sad that it will not be donkey cloud.

Winner xD We just got all Pinocchio up in here
What are you doing on computer? Go outside it's so beautifulll! Mrawww, c'mahhh!!

User Info: stepan618

stepan618
3 weeks ago#19
Its been a long time since I played VII, but why was cloud an arrogant and cold mercenary at the beginning of VII? In crisis core his base character is 'nice kid' and he takes on some of zack, who is upbeat and a people person. So how do we get to his personality at the start of the original game?

1Tekkaman
3 weeks ago#20
stepan618 posted...
Its been a long time since I played VII, but why was cloud an arrogant and cold mercenary at the beginning of VII? In crisis core his base character is 'nice kid' and he takes on some of zack, who is upbeat and a people person. So how do we get to his personality at the start of the original game?

It's his idea of what a proper merc should be.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. SE is saying they see and will depict Cloud as dorky, more in line with OG Cloud
  • Post New Message