• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. SE is saying they see and will depict Cloud as dorky, more in line with OG Cloud

User Info: zombie_basher13

zombie_basher13
3 weeks ago#1
So then why in all the trailers does he still seem serious, quiet, and morose? They have not shown a single hint of said dorkiness.

I want to see him shrugging and awkwardly trying to flirt with Jesse
What are you doing on computer? Go outside it's so beautifulll! Mrawww, c'mahhh!!

User Info: N3wdisea5e

N3wdisea5e
3 weeks ago#2
He's had enough screen time so far to speak what? 18 words since the new vice actor maybe

User Info: -MrMojoRisin-

-MrMojoRisin-
3 weeks ago#3
Hell no. They are lying. All I see is him being sarcastic..and in a snarky unlikable way. Kind of like Squall.
PSN o-MrMojoRisin-o
Embrace the Journey - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHXjcdNIN-Q

User Info: Dropped_Emil

Dropped_Emil
3 weeks ago#4
I definitely want to see some of it too.

To be fair, every scene of him in the trailers has been either a serious moment or with the other characters leading the conversation.

Nomura also described Noctis as dorky. His version of dorky is probably a guy that tries to come off as cool and stoic to hide the fact that he's socially awkward.

Just like the original, we'll probably see his dorky side when the facade fails every so often. Especially, when he gets pressured easily into embarrassing situations, tries to act all tough or gets teased by the other party members. He only becomes consistently openly dorky in the later portions of the original.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
3 weeks ago#5
Because he is serious, quiet, and morose during the early stages of the game. It's part of his "cold-hearted mercenary" shtick.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
(message deleted)

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
3 weeks ago#7
I never saw Cloud as a wisecrack in the original. He was more like Squall to me, cold, uncaring, and of few words.
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
3 weeks ago#8
Foxhound3857 posted...
I never saw Cloud as a wisecrack in the original. He was more like Squall to me, cold, uncaring, and of few words.

The "cold, uncaring" part disappears without a trace no later than when he meet Aerith.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: crono12064

crono12064
3 weeks ago#9
Foxhound3857 posted...
He was more like Squall to me, cold, uncaring, and of few words.

The dialogue with some Avalanche members in 7th Heaven (I think it was Wedge specifically) even indicates that they thought he was a loner and uncaring.
"I want to remind you that life is an RPG, so have fun!" - Yuji Horii
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
3 weeks ago#10
1Tekkaman posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...

The "cold, uncaring" part disappears without a trace no later than when he meet Aerith.

The same can be said of Squall shortly after he becomes a SeeD, at least after the Quistis segment in the training area.
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. SE is saying they see and will depict Cloud as dorky, more in line with OG Cloud
  • Post New Message