• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Next Final Fantasy game that deserves a Remake

User Info: KingPiccolo

KingPiccolo
2 months ago#1
Vote or Die - Results (192 votes)
IV
5.21% (10 votes)
V
7.29% (14 votes)
Vl
37.5% (72 votes)
Vlll
17.71% (34 votes)
Tactics
18.75% (36 votes)
IX
13.54% (26 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Im stuck between Vl and tactics,Vlll and lX got remasters so id rather both those games get sequals if anything especially lX.

Edit:Remake with voice actors to,not that outdated textbox nonesense either.

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
2 months ago#2
A remake like this one? None of those.

A different type of remake......i would like to see some of the old ones done using HD-2D (like OT, just to be clear), but im a bit undecided which one, maybe FFVI.
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
2 months ago#3
VIII, easily. Yes, it got a remaster, one of dubious quality. IX wasn't really a remaster, just a slight clean-up; straight port otherwise.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
2 months ago#4
MalakTawus posted...

A different type of remake......i would like to see some of the old ones done using HD-2D (like OT, just to be clear), but im a bit undecided which one, maybe FFVI.

Pretty pompous to make the claim that only VII deserves a AAA remake of this calibur.
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.

KingPiccolo
2 months ago#5
MalakTawus posted...

Gameplay wise it wouldn't matter as long as it is good but Well with voice actors the choice should be takin into consideration.also FF7 is not the only AAA title that is worthy of a remake,others are just as good and are even better.

User Info: Dropped_Emil

Dropped_Emil
2 months ago#6
Picked Tactics but also really wanted to pick VI.

MalakTawus
2 months ago#7
Foxhound3857 posted...
MalakTawus posted...

Pretty pompous to make the claim that only VII deserves a AAA remake of this calibur.

Or maybe im simply not as naive as you 😏
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
2 months ago#8
MalakTawus posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...
MalakTawus posted...

Or maybe you underestimate just how much hype and popularity other titles in the franchise garnered, 6 8 and 10 especially
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.

MalakTawus
2 months ago#9
Foxhound3857 posted...
MalakTawus posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...
MalakTawus posted...

Or maybe you underestimate just how much hype and popularity other titles in the franchise garnered, 6 8 and 10 especially

No, i really dont (and FFX is not in the list btw).
If you dont understand why SE was so scared till now to do this remake it means you people dont understand that projects like this are not to be taken lightly, and thinking to do anything in that list the same way as this remake means indeed to be naive, extremely naive actually, not just a bit.

At best i can see FFX as a potential candidate in the future (still too soon, not that it would be even possible to start working on that anythime soon anyway), but even for that it wont be easy.

KingPiccolo
2 months ago#10
MalakTawus posted...
No, i really dont (and FFX is not in the list btw).
If you dont understand why SE was so scared till now to do this remake it means you people dont understand that projects like this are not to be taken lightly, and thinking to do anything in that list the same way as this remake means indeed to be naive, extremely naive actually, not just a bit.

At best i can see FFX as a potential candidate in the future (still too soon, not that it would be even possible to start working on that anythime soon anyway), but even for that it wont be easy.

@MalakTawus
The hype for ff Vll only exist because it was the first FF game to get a high budget on its making and frankly that is the only reason ff7 is the go to game for fans because that alone made it iconic and a landmark for the series but that doesn't make Vll the best FF game in tbe series when it comes to graphics,characters and graphics,frankly i believe ff Vlll and IX are frankly way better overall but they lack the legendary status that Vll has to be a Triple AAA title which is pretty bad for the series overall longevity.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Next Final Fantasy game that deserves a Remake
  • Topic Archived