• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Bring Back Tifa's Original Classic Outfit In FF7 Remake

User Info: PumpkinBelmont

PumpkinBelmont
2 months ago#51
Foxhound3857 posted...
-MrMojoRisin- posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...
Is there seriously nobody that liked Tifa's Advent Children outfit enough to want to see it in the remake?

Probably because she was too covered up.

Those converse were so swag.

Converse put out a bunch of man hating ads. That's why no one wants them back.

User Info: BrandonWalton76

BrandonWalton76
2 months ago#52
Oh my god not again...PLEASE JUST MOVE ON

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
2 months ago#53
They're not going to listen to a mere 100 people when they plan on having this game sell millions of copies lol.

I prefer her classic outfit too but it ain't happening.

Paid DLC outfit is the most you should hope for if you want it that badly.

User Info: orah

orah
2 months ago#54
crono12064 posted...
I disagree, especially considering her design adheres to the zettai ryouikai fetish design.

you seriously think that the stockings are that powerful? i'm not denying the fetish of them but damn lol

As for her skirt, it's either what they have for her now or they would have given her a black void like in Dissidia NT. The latter wouldn't even be censoring either, since the original game had no panty shots for Tifa.

i don't know what i did to suggest i wanted panty shots. i simply pointed out the shorts' existence to make her look as less risqué as possible. the only thing going for her is the stockings which is good enough for you but not so much to convince me they're being truthful to the OG design. again i don't really care, just saying.

The only thing that won't happen in FFVIIR is that she won't freak out about Cloud and Barret seeing her underwear during the Shinra building infiltration. Like the rest of the party freezing their asses off later (they can even pass out as part of gameplay) in the Icicle area, this makes Tifa kind of stupid in the original.
yeah. that joke would look rather stale since it's very 90's jpn RPG tbh.

Foxhound3857 posted...
Is there seriously nobody that liked Tifa's Advent Children outfit enough to want to see it in the remake?
what are you talking about, all her outfits (original, cowgirl, advent even 7R) are very popular. if none of the characters have DLC clothes in the future then square has officially gone full stupid.

User Info: crono12064

crono12064
2 months ago#55
orah posted...
you seriously think that the stockings are that powerful? i'm not denying the fetish of them but damn lol

I mean, it does have it's own unique name to it.

orah posted...
the only thing going for her is the stockings which is good enough for you but not so much to convince me they're being truthful to the OG design. again i don't really care, just saying.

As I have been saying, the stockings are a very appealing fashion choice in Japan. Nomura even went on record saying she was designed with the "Eastern" demographic in mind (there was another translation that straight out said they wanted Tifa to look like a cute Japanese girl).

With all that in mind, I can understand why Tifa doesn't look all that suggestive to you, but she certainly is to other people. The stockings weren't designed to make her look like a fighter after all, since it's not at all for practicality.

The spats are there to avoid giving her the weird black void that she has in Dissidia NT.
"I want to remind you that life is an RPG, so have fun!" - Yuji Horii

User Info: ifnsman

ifnsman
2 months ago#56
meteora88 posted...
Paid DLC outfit is the most you should hope for if you want it that badly.

It's the most likely avenue. They'll definitely do it if more than 100 people are guaranteed to want it.
8/6/2018: 32nd Anniversary of the Metroid series / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFsaehtn-z4 (Woot!!)

User Info: orah

orah
2 months ago#57
crono12064 posted...
I mean, it does have it's own unique name to it.

As I have been saying, the stockings are a very appealing fashion choice in Japan. Nomura even went on record saying she was designed with the "Eastern" demographic in mind (there was another translation that straight out said they wanted Tifa to look like a cute Japanese girl).

With all that in mind, I can understand why Tifa doesn't look all that suggestive to you, but she certainly is to other people. The stockings weren't designed to make her look like a fighter after all, since it's not at all for practicality.
honestly, i would look at them more and see more of your view if her legs weren't so horribly thin. you're right the fetish is still alive in japan but they're to purposefully show how juicy and thick the girls's legs are. it does the complete opposite for tifa, she looks gaunt as hell.

The spats are there to avoid giving her the weird black void that she has in Dissidia NT.
yeah i can see that honestly. there's no protests here.

User Info: Oddrat

Oddrat
2 months ago#58
The thigh high socks stupid trend needs to die already. Tired of seeing so many anime/video game girls with them.
"Why'd you come back?"
"I wanted to meet the Grim Reaper"

User Info: albertgraham

albertgraham
1 month ago#59
ifnsman posted...
It's the most likely avenue. They'll definitely do it if more than 100 people are guaranteed to want it.

Yes the petition has more than 100 people signed.
If Square Enix is seeing this, at the very least make Tifa's OG outfit as DLC for OG fans sake.
http://chng.it/qyV8VfvVwh

User Info: ifnsman

ifnsman
1 month ago#60
One wonders how much they'll make it cost, though.

While obviously from a different company, DoA5 has proven that Japanese game companies can get away with making cosmetic DLC hilariously expensive.
8/6/2018: 32nd Anniversary of the Metroid series / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFsaehtn-z4 (Woot!!)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Bring Back Tifa's Original Classic Outfit In FF7 Remake
  • Topic Archived