• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Bring Back Tifa's Original Classic Outfit In FF7 Remake

User Info: ifnsman

ifnsman
2 weeks ago#41
Duey posted...
ifnsman posted...
Look at what's happened with DOA6
Square didn't make DoA6.

But it was made by a Japanese company regardless. I find it hard to believe that any Japanese companies care nearly as much about censorship as they'd like to pretend in front of potential customers.
8/6/2018: 32nd Anniversary of the Metroid series / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFsaehtn-z4 (Woot!!)
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: orah

orah
2 weeks ago#42
crono12064 posted...
He has two belts and his boots are a different color. It might not seem like a huge change, but it is a change nonetheless.
he said "huge" changes so in that regard it doesn't count.

Fighters don't wear thigh-high stockings.

Her design in FFVIIR is just as suggestive as in FFVII. Again though, not too many people in the West think that because the zettai ryoukai design doesn't really appeal to them (perhaps because of cultural differences).
nothing like those stockings COMPLETELY blinding us to her battle armour, changed shoes and battle gloves with a skirt (with safety shorts at that, i know right? it's SO whorish) and a protective undershirt with a white crop. if someone assumed she was a fighter before a suggestive hoe, they're insane.

NeithOF posted...
There are a lot more changes in their designs than the ones you have noticed, i am just too lazy to list them down one by one but as an example Barret also has a different gun design and a different tattoo on his arm. All the characters have a lot of changes it's just that Tifa's are more noticeable because the stockings are very very obvious.

His hairstyle is also different since his left bang is now just as long as the right one, while the original his hairstyle wasn't isometric like that with one bang being longer and the other one barely there. Aerith and Sephiroth have also lost their anime stylized bangs and have more realistic straightened hair.
i know the changes the characters have went through. none are as huge as tifa's. that's it
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Dropped_Emil

Dropped_Emil
2 weeks ago#43
theraniel posted...
No thank you, she looks better than ever!

User Info: Stochastician

Stochastician
2 weeks ago#44
Amen to TC

User Info: crono12064

crono12064
2 weeks ago#45
orah posted...
he said "huge" changes so in that regard it doesn't count.

Actually he said this:

NeithOF posted...
All the remake outfits have changes, some huge even.

orah posted...
her battle armour,

She doesn't even have battle armor.

It's better for you to say that you don't like her new redesign than incorrectly claim that her FFVIIR betrays what the original design was conveying. Her midriff baring top, tiny skirt, and stockings are still very suggestive.
"I want to remind you that life is an RPG, so have fun!" - Yuji Horii

User Info: orah

orah
2 weeks ago#46
crono12064 posted...
Actually he said this:
again irrelevant seeing as i was talking about huge changes, which tifa is the only one so far to face.

She doesn't even have battle armor.
whatever it's called, you know what i'm referring to.

It's better for you to say that you don't like her new redesign than incorrectly claim that her FFVIIR betrays what the original design was conveying. Her midriff baring top, tiny skirt, and stockings are still very suggestive.
tiny skirt paired with safety shorts isn't really the way to go if you want to prove a character suggestive. it's saying that tifa doesn't want people looking up her skirt and actually put an effort into that thought and put them on. that's preventing yourself from pervs, far from risqué. if i made
an outfit for females like this
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/09/7e/46/097e46f9fff4460abffdc78f7b1b60ce.jpg
but instead i added a bit of cleavage, that doesn't mean now all aspects of her being a fighter is gone because i added boobs. the gigantic aspect of the picture is that she's still first and foremost a fighter.

i'm not even denying the suggestiveness per say, i'm just saying that it's nowhere near the level of her OG design. your first thought looking at 7R tifa isn't suggestive, it's a capable fighter.

also, the only problem i have with her design is that her arms and legs are disgustingly thin, which isn't even a huge issue with me. as i stated before i biggest gripe is her face. doesn't mean i can't objectively point out the errors her design clothes wise.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: crono12064

crono12064
2 weeks ago#47
orah posted...
. your first thought looking at 7R tifa isn't suggestive, it's a capable fighter.

I disagree, especially considering her design adheres to the zettai ryouikai fetish design.

As for her skirt, it's either what they have for her now or they would have given her a black void like in Dissidia NT. The latter wouldn't even be censoring either, since the original game had no panty shots for Tifa.

The only thing that won't happen in FFVIIR is that she won't freak out about Cloud and Barret seeing her underwear during the Shinra building infiltration. Like the rest of the party freezing their asses off later (they can even pass out as part of gameplay) in the Icicle area, this makes Tifa kind of stupid in the original.
"I want to remind you that life is an RPG, so have fun!" - Yuji Horii

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
2 weeks ago#48
Is there seriously nobody that liked Tifa's Advent Children outfit enough to want to see it in the remake?
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.

User Info: -MrMojoRisin-

-MrMojoRisin-
2 weeks ago#49
Foxhound3857 posted...
Is there seriously nobody that liked Tifa's Advent Children outfit enough to want to see it in the remake?

Probably because she was too covered up.
PSN o-MrMojoRisin-o
Embrace the Journey - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHXjcdNIN-Q

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
2 weeks ago#50
-MrMojoRisin- posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...

Probably because she was too covered up.

Those converse were so swag.
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Bring Back Tifa's Original Classic Outfit In FF7 Remake
  • Post New Message