• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Most overrated game in the series?

User Info: kirbserker

kirbserker
1 week ago#111
VanilleHopen posted...
I have no idea why the enemies get so many turns but it's really annoying..No other final fantasy is like that.

Have you at all avoided encounters? Have you tried to keep up to date on equipment? I almost wonder if you are underleveled.
Paper is overpowered, but scissors is fine.
-Rock (RenamonFOX)

User Info: Chaos_Missile

Chaos_Missile
1 week ago#112
*enters random topic*

An answer that's not 7 is delusional.

None of the other FFs get as much exposure as 7 does.
7 is widely considered as FF's Ocarina of Time

Name me one other FF game that has:-
a) character-focused sequels
b) appearance in Smash
c) multiple games set in its universe over multiple platforms(including freaking J2ME!)
d) appears in other FFs multiple times
e) gets not just a "remaster" but a full-blown remake as well more than 20 years after its release
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008

User Info: Kigalas

Kigalas
1 week ago#113
VanilleHopen posted...
kirbserker posted...
VanilleHopen posted...
ewww though.. I'm playing the part where you have to do that tower with Cecil, Tellah, Yang and Cid... SUch a terrible party. Cid sucks soo bad, Tellah has like no MP, Yang is squishy as hell...

I can't recall a single part of FFIV that was hard while Yang is in your party. Like, yeah, there are a lot of problems in IV. What tower specifically?

magnetic cave and tower of zot with that s*** party.. I am playing the playstation version where the enemies attack 3x as much as you do like they all have perm auto haste on... It's honestly complete bulls***.

What you’re playing is a translated version of the original game from Japan, not the watered down original FF2 that came to the SNES in 1991. I own it, and it requires grinding levels to get past certain parts. Cecil pretty much has to be 60+ to beat the game.
Playing: DQIII, GTA:VC, FFIII, DQXI (4x)
Lost track of time in a flurry of smoke. Waiting anxiety, a fair judgement is served..

User Info: kirbserker

kirbserker
1 week ago#114
Chaos_Missile posted...
7 is widely considered as FF's Ocarina of Time

/thread
Paper is overpowered, but scissors is fine.
-Rock (RenamonFOX)

User Info: Lsnake

Lsnake
1 week ago#115
XII. So many hail it as an absolute masterpiece. I don't get it. The writing is stiff, pretentious and unnatural. The voice acting is flat, lifeless and not to mention in atrocious audio quality. The environments and dungeons are bland. The combat is unengaging, the mist system one of the worst limit systems in the series with just a bunch of explosions and special effects and none of the personality and character uniqueness from earlier games. Then there's Vaan.

I replayed it completely a few months ago and while I did finally enjoy it a bit more than before (and complete everything), it still remains one of my least favourites in the series and what people see in this game, I will never understand.
..where I sit with the broken angels clutching at straws and nursing our scars.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
1 week ago#116
Lsnake posted...
XII. So many hail it as an absolute masterpiece. I don't get it. The writing is stiff, pretentious and unnatural. The voice acting is flat, lifeless and not to mention in atrocious audio quality. The environments and dungeons are bland. The combat is unengaging, the mist system one of the worst limit systems in the series with just a bunch of explosions and special effects and none of the personality and character uniqueness from earlier games. Then there's Vaan.

I replayed it completely a few months ago and while I did finally enjoy it a bit more than before (and complete everything), it still remains one of my least favourites in the series and what people see in this game, I will never understand.

The voice acting is some of the best I have ever heard in a video game, pretty much the polar opposite of "flat and lifeless." Especially Doctor Cid. The writing is excellent, and as for Vaan, well, he gets points for not being the painfully whiny twerp that is Tidus.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: pichuscute

pichuscute
1 week ago#117
1Tekkaman posted...
The voice acting is some of the best I have ever heard in a video game, pretty much the polar opposite of "flat and lifeless." Especially Doctor Cid. The writing is excellent, and as for Vaan, well, he gets points for not being the painfully whiny twerp that is Tidus.
Yeah, same here. It's some of the most realistic and believable voice acting I've heard in a JRPG. Really helps make it feel like the world is actually real.
Looking forward to: FFVIIR, Animal Crossing, SMTV, Daemon x Machina, Astral Chain
Fav series: Zelda, Mario Kart, WipEout, Custom Robo, SMT, Final Fantasy.

User Info: freutty2

freutty2
1 week ago#118
FFX easily
Animes and Games...
twitter.com/freutty

User Info: greatersphere

greatersphere
1 week ago#119
LMAO sure dude 😂
Whatever happens, happens

User Info: FlameMagician

FlameMagician
1 week ago#120
VI. VII recieves a proper amount of consideration given its status as the best gane in the franchise. VI on the other hand isn't even the best FF on its original console
FFXIV Loremaster
GFAQs FFXIV Board Discord https://discord.gg/2vhdf4K
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Most overrated game in the series?
  • Post New Message