• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Why is Vincent such a popular character?

User Info: jade32977

jade32977
2 months ago#1
He’s arguably one of the most iconic and popular characters in the series and that’s quite an accomplishment considering he was an optional character that was easy to miss. What’s the deal?

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
2 months ago#2
I'm not a huge Vincent fan myself, but from what I see, he's got an awesome design and an intriguing backstory.

He's a good character overall.

User Info: stepan618

stepan618
2 months ago#3
Good design
Former turk
Interesting back story
Guns are cool
Turning into a monster is cool, even if it sucks as a limit break in practice.

User Info: PumpkinBelmont

PumpkinBelmont
2 months ago#4
Because he's an edgelord.

User Info: Lewkis

Lewkis
2 months ago#5
Honestly because other than Red, in my opinion he was the most unique character in the cast. Like the above said he had a cool back story, a unique style and a mysterious vibe.

One could also ask why Boba Fett is so popular when he had so little screen time, and was so easily defeated in the one movie he was actually taking action in.
Switch Friend Code: SW-2501-1996-2605

User Info: BobbyRicky

BobbyRicky
2 months ago#6
His theme was pretty good, I guess

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
2 months ago#7
Design is full of cool elements. He's also cool and collected in spite of his dramatic backstory, making him kind of a rock for your team. I sort of liked that he gets mininal time in the spotlight in the original, he isn't on a grand path to redemption but just reverts to his Turks training and professionally commits himself to righting the past. There's a lot to him if you dig, which I think is appropriate with his character.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP7lOxq8wmo8EACam5yamFuseoWkDOplr
GameFAQs Lounge playlist.

User Info: Litane

Litane
2 months ago#8
PumpkinBelmont posted...
Because he's an edgelord.

Basically, yeah.

I never liked him, either character wise or gameplay wise (especially not gameplay wise) but it was pretty cool that he looked like a Hammer Horror character and you recruit him out of a coffin in a creepy mansion basement. He also has a very interesting connection to two of the most important characters in FFVII, it's a shame that more wasn't made of it but he was probably added last minute.
I've got the house all to myself, I've got the world all to myself.

User Info: Hachigo

Hachigo
2 months ago#9
His popularity peaked in the 2000's when edgy was super cool

User Info: motosyko21

motosyko21
2 months ago#10
Hachigo posted...
His popularity peaked in the 2000's when edgy was super cool

When people THOUGHT edgy was super cool.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Why is Vincent such a popular character?
  • Topic Archived