• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Stop putting your hopes in S-E, this remake is going to be a flop.

User Info: Bookboy2273

Bookboy2273
1 month ago#41
its a must buy, but how long do we wait for the next part and the next part etc. playstation 5, playstation 6. the comet and nukes will fall before they even finish. this should not be released in episodes but a complete game. this is the most ignorant company decision ever made and its amazing sony is letting them scam the players with a episode for 60 bucks!

User Info: pichuscute

pichuscute
1 month ago#42
randombuttguy09 posted...
While I respect your perspective, FFXV was definitely not the height or even a height in the Final Fantasy franchise. The game suffered in many areas.

1.) The world was dull and empty, aside from a few locations here and there.

The world was the best part by far. It was really fully realized and had a f***ton to explore and find, including tons of optional quests and completely miss-able dungeons. Like I said, I played the base game for 200 hours the week it came out so...

2.) The battle system may have appealed to players of other franchises, but it disregarded its major fanbase

Fun is fun. The "major fanbase" is misunderstanding what FF is if they can't handle change, because FF is change. Wasn't I problem I had as a fan of the series, though...

3.) Story was rushed and had to be finished in DLC's

I never played the DLCs and still enjoyed the characters just fine. The overall plot was the biggest weakness of the game for sure, but it is by no means the only FF with that problem.

4.) The fact that many DLC's and updates were required to add in more content to the game

What's this even mean? "Updates were required to have updates." I mean, yeah, that's how that works...

5.) A questionable finale that leaves you with many unanswered questions

It's easily my favorite ending in the series and in games, followed only closely behind by Crisis Core.

The list goes on. XV is a horrible final fantasy, and maybe an average game.

Nah, it's one of the better FF games and one of the few games I enjoyed this generation. Speak for yourself.
Looking forward to: FFVIIR, Animal Crossing, SMTV, Daemon x Machina, Astral Chain
Fav series: Zelda, Mario Kart, WipEout, Custom Robo, SMT, Final Fantasy.

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
1 month ago#43
Oh look, it’s one of these topics again. When is the last time a SE game flopped, sales wise? Which is what game companies care about. Game looks sick and everyone who’s played it says it plays great, so whatever, have your opinion TC, only one who’ll be missing out is you.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: IvaliceBorn

IvaliceBorn
1 month ago#44
Some people like Aegis shield,some people like Nostalgia.
Dorter trade city is a rough neighborhood.
I don't think the game will flop. FF games sell on name alone these days, rather than actual quality.
I'm still expecting this game to be the "train graveyard" though.
Mutton, Fresh Mutton! Final Fantasy Mystic Quest: The only game where TREES put you in Full Nelsons.

User Info: NeithOF

NeithOF
1 month ago#46
KarmelCHAOS posted...
Oh look, it’s one of these topics again. When is the last time a SE game flopped, sales wise? Which is what game companies care about. Game looks sick and everyone who’s played it says it plays great, so whatever, have your opinion TC, only one who’ll be missing out is you.

It even won "Best hands on experience" today https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1189872337635741696?s=19
The realization of one of my dreams came with the beginning of a nightmare. - Roberto Ferrari 2016

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
1 month ago#47
NeithOF posted...
It even won "Best hands on experience" today https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1189872337635741696?s=19

I wonder how much they had to pay them off...

User Info: Tidus1012

Tidus1012
4 weeks ago#48
I agree about the complete incompetence of SE to make a final fantasy game, I don't expect anything from them anymore.

To be fair, FFXV has some charm, can't say it's completely bad.

After we have seen all trailers of FF7R most of us see a game with great potential, no way this game gonna flop.
~A(o)S~

User Info: Velvet__Crowe

Velvet__Crowe
4 weeks ago#49
I mean I have the 7 day satisfaction guarantee at EBGames. If it turns out to not be good, I can take it back. I probably won't, though. I'll keep it as a collector item.

But I'm going to give the game a chance to suck before I conclude that it does or doesn't.
"I'd thank the gods, but you seem to be taking them out at an alarming rate." - Hargan, Sarn Encampment

User Info: xOmniCloudx

xOmniCloudx
4 weeks ago#50
FFVIIR is going to review and sell phenomenally and the same miserable people are going to continue crying about the game lmao
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Stop putting your hopes in S-E, this remake is going to be a flop.
  • Post New Message