• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Stop putting your hopes in S-E, this remake is going to be a flop.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
1 month ago#31
Suit420 posted...
It wouldn't be a flop but over time the people with sense will tell the truth while the marks will stay quiet until EA or anyone on their hit list drops a new game. In the same breath we're supposed to hate 15 but 7 has the same engine and we're supposed to like it. This game is fueled by nostalgia. No matter how good or bad, people made up their minds and gave this a 10 already. Let Bethesda or Blizzard or everyone else try the same model that FF7 did in one of their games...

Not the "nostalgia" dodge again.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kznek1uNVsg&t=42s

The original trailer has 15M views and 133K likes. That's just people with internet

Other trailers consistently go over 1 million views

Only a small minority will complain. VII remake is gonna spread like wildfire and engulf the world
What are you doing on computer? Go outside it's so beautifulll! Mrawww, c'mahhh!!
Suit420 posted...
It wouldn't be a flop but over time the people with sense will tell the truth while the marks will stay quiet until EA or anyone on their hit list drops a new game. In the same breath we're supposed to hate 15 but 7 has the same engine and we're supposed to like it. This game is fueled by nostalgia. Even most comments here are optimistic without playing it when we didn't give 15 a single chance. Besides 7 story is nonsensical compared to 6, 8, 9, and especially 10. No matter how good or bad, people made up their minds and gave this a 10/10 already. Let Bethesda or Blizzard or anyone else try the same model that FF7 did in one of their games...

You do know VIIR is on unreal4 while XV was on luminous, right?

User Info: VaanSkyLord30

VaanSkyLord30
1 month ago#34
Yeah, it’s probably going to disappoint.
People aren't chocolates. They're bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling.
PSN: VaanSkyLord

User Info: eothang

eothang
1 month ago#35
y'all negative comments are lame and objectively wrong. you're on a msg board about this game in particular, "pre-order cancelled" hilarious. lettin us all know you once thought it seemed great, and the footage is so solid. Idk i think it's gonna be dope.

User Info: NeithOF

NeithOF
1 month ago#36
Suit420 posted...
It wouldn't be a flop but over time the people with sense will tell the truth while the marks will stay quiet until EA or anyone on their hit list drops a new game. In the same breath we're supposed to hate 15 but 7 has the same engine and we're supposed to like it. This game is fueled by nostalgia. Even most comments here are optimistic without playing it when we didn't give 15 a single chance. Besides 7 story is nonsensical compared to 6, 8, 9, and especially 10. No matter how good or bad, people made up their minds and gave this a 10/10 already. Let Bethesda or Blizzard or anyone else try the same model that FF7 did in one of their games...

They don't have the same engine, nor the same team, nor the same combat, nor the same anything.
The realization of one of my dreams came with the beginning of a nightmare. - Roberto Ferrari 2016

User Info: pichuscute

pichuscute
1 month ago#37
randombuttguy09 posted...
We're all gonna be getting our hopes up like we did with FFXV, and we'll be terribly disappointed.

Speak for yourself, I f***ing loved FFXV. Played it for like 200 hours over the course of a couple weeks and it was pretty much the only use my PS4 ever got before I sold it. If we get more of that, I'll be damn happy (although I've gotta wait for the PC release now).
Looking forward to: FFVIIR, Animal Crossing, SMTV, Daemon x Machina, Astral Chain
Fav series: Zelda, Mario Kart, WipEout, Custom Robo, SMT, Final Fantasy.

User Info: randombuttguy09

randombuttguy09
1 month ago#38
My biggest worries with this game is the fear that it might do something right but also mess something else up. Happens all the time with the newer Final Fantasies. The devs will focus so much on developing one aspect of a game that they will neglect or not even notice other aspects. You can see this with how they emphasized driving through the empty world of FFXV over developing a decent story. Best part of games like FF7 to FF10 was that everything was done well. Not a single aspect was neglected. You can't really even say that X's linearity was bad, seeing as how it was designed that way for the story to work.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
1 month ago#39
Veteran user logic
http://i.imgur.com/qGndJXe.jpg http://i.imgur.com/jk71P0T.jpg

User Info: randombuttguy09

randombuttguy09
1 month ago#40
pichuscute posted...
randombuttguy09 posted...
We're all gonna be getting our hopes up like we did with FFXV, and we'll be terribly disappointed.

Speak for yourself, I f***ing loved FFXV. Played it for like 200 hours over the course of a couple weeks and it was pretty much the only use my PS4 ever got before I sold it. If we get more of that, I'll be damn happy (although I've gotta wait for the PC release now).

While I respect your perspective, FFXV was definitely not the height or even a height in the Final Fantasy franchise. The game suffered in many areas.

1.) The world was dull and empty, aside from a few locations here and there.

2.) The battle system may have appealed to players of other franchises, but it disregarded its major fanbase

3.) Story was rushed and had to be finished in DLC's

4.) The fact that many DLC's and updates were required to add in more content to the game

5.) A questionable finale that leaves you with many unanswered questions

The list goes on. XV is a horrible final fantasy, and maybe an average game.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Stop putting your hopes in S-E, this remake is going to be a flop.
  • Post New Message