• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Stop putting your hopes in S-E, this remake is going to be a flop.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
1 month ago#21
unitedinkilling posted...
randombuttguy09 was hated for telling the truth!

No, he's being rightly castigated for jumping to conclusions.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: Joseph689

Joseph689
1 month ago#22
Even if it played like cluedo, it's still ff7 and will still be awesome to me. That's all that matters imo.

Same as FF xv was.

0/10 would not read again

User Info: donkeyjack

donkeyjack
1 month ago#23
Lol, I can't wait until it is the opposite.
https://imgur.com/01hqfpL https://imgur.com/bBmVbul

User Info: TrueGB

TrueGB
1 month ago#24
Although history is on TC's side, the ONE Unreal4 developed game they did was actually pretty good, and this one won't be saddled by an incoherent story and a mess of licenses. So...there's hope.
Future Billionaire

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
1 month ago#25
I'm sure I'll love it anyway. They have the characters, story, world, and music already established. Now they need to add to it and do voices and make the combat interesting. That's really it. As said, they haven't got some s***ty incoherent story to write, the basic stuff is already done.

Personally, I prefer action over turn based too, so I'm happy.
Trump is the greatest president!
Deliver Brexit!

User Info: ViperXVII

ViperXVII
1 month ago#26
Well... I enjoyed FFXV. Wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

I also preordered FFVIIR back in July. With each update I see, I get more and more intrigued.

User Info: TrueGB

TrueGB
1 month ago#27
ViperXVII posted...
Well... I enjoyed FFXV. Wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

I can see how someone can enjoy the combat system. Really the thing that drags it down the most is knowing how much content was cut and how poorly it compares to previous games. If you didn't know any of that...it's probably not too bad. Heck, I've seen people say the pocket edition was much better simply because it includes more cutscenes.
Future Billionaire

User Info: GooberSD

GooberSD
1 month ago#28
randombuttguy09 posted...
We're all gonna be getting our hopes up like we did with FFXV, and we'll be terribly disappointed.

Speak for yourself. I was disappointed with FFXV before it even came out and I had no expectations.

User Info: crono12064

crono12064
1 month ago#29
randombuttguy09 posted...
They'll do anything they can to ruin JRPGs to make them more accessible.

FFVII was very accessible, especially the materia system. That accessibility made JRPGs popular in the West.
"I want to remind you that life is an RPG, so have fun!" - Yuji Horii

User Info: Suit420

Suit420
1 month ago#30
It wouldn't be a flop but over time the people with sense will tell the truth while the marks will stay quiet until EA or anyone on their hit list drops a new game. In the same breath we're supposed to hate 15 but 7 has the same engine and we're supposed to like it. This game is fueled by nostalgia. Even most comments here are optimistic without playing it when we didn't give 15 a single chance. Besides 7 story is nonsensical compared to 6, 8, 9, and especially 10. No matter how good or bad, people made up their minds and gave this a 10/10 already. Let Bethesda or Blizzard or anyone else try the same model that FF7 did in one of their games...
Psn:Suit420. Aka smack ya favorite let's player. Aka Zay Smoove
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Stop putting your hopes in S-E, this remake is going to be a flop.
  • Post New Message