• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Stop putting your hopes in S-E, this remake is going to be a flop.

User Info: Evan_Forever

Evan_Forever
2 months ago#151
FlameMagician posted...
Care to list those anti consumer decisions?

Multi part
Misleading title
DLC summons

Evan_Forever
2 months ago#152
EAims posted...
Still so bitter. I feel bad for you.

Imagine having to accept that someone disagrees with you. Must be hard

User Info: EAims

EAims
2 months ago#153
Evan_Forever posted...
Imagine having to accept that someone disagrees with you. Must be hard
Imagine being so bitter you assume someone doesn't agree with you. Must be hard.
A b c d e f guy, h I j k l m n o buddy, q r s t u fwend, w x eh! and (pfft). These are the Canadian ABC's, Susie likes hairy b**** what do you think of these?

User Info: orah

orah
2 months ago#154
Brocknoth posted...
Yeah he came out of hibernation and seems to have made this board his new "home" I honestly don't know what sparked it because months ago I recall him saying he was "done with the drama" This was shortly after all the nasty stuff went down on BetterThanHellhole.

I mean I'm no fool and I knew he wouldn't "behave" himself forever I just have to wonder what changed. Thus far he's lost two alts and his primary account has been warned. I'm hoping that will be the end of it but who am I kidding?
this is all new for me so honestly i'm facinated. i hope he never lets up, i want to see how this goes.

User Info: FlameMagician

FlameMagician
2 months ago#155
Evan_Forever posted...
FlameMagician posted...
Care to list those anti consumer decisions?

Multi part
Misleading title
DLC summons

Only a problem if they're short
Still a remake of VII, so how?
And? DLC add on weapons and other such from SE have never been high end and are easily cast aside
FFXIV Loremaster
GFAQs FFXIV Board Discord https://discord.gg/2vhdf4K

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
2 months ago#156
You guys are wasting your time with Evan.

He thinks a title should tell people 100% of everything a product is about, when the true purpose of a title is to give people a general idea of the concept. He doesn't get this.

FF7 Remake is telling people exactly that: the game is a remake of FF7.

Since it's multi part, he also fails to understand that the first part of something isn't usually numbered. Kingdom Hearts for example. The first game had no number, and nobody knew it was going to end in a way to would lead to more games. I guess that's misleading?

If we are to just go by title alone, nothing else, he probably things the following titles would be misleading:

• The Witcher: The Last Wish (first book in the series, even though it sounds like the last.)
  • Brilliance of the Moon (part 3 of a book series called Tales of the Otori. You'd have no idea wtf it is by title alone.)
  • Assassin's Creed: Origins (no, it's not an origin story for the entire series, but you'd think so from the title alone).
  • Persona 5 (you'd think it's part 5 continuation of the Persona series, following the same protagonist as 1, but they're all stand alone).

He fails to realise there are so many holes in his argument.

User Info: YungLeviathan

YungLeviathan
2 months ago#157
Nothing in this community will ever get dumber than asking for a Remake of FFVII, and then complaining about ‘anti-consumerism’ for potentially getting 3 or more of them.

Evan_Forever
2 months ago#158
YungLeviathan posted...
Nothing in this community will ever get dumber than asking for a Remake of FFVII, and then complaining about ‘anti-consumerism’ for potentially getting 3 or more of them.

As far as we know, we're just paying for more pieces that's it. No one asked for padding. I reject the claims that they couldn't have done this in one game.

User Info: shortstackk

shortstackk
2 months ago#159
YungLeviathan posted...

Couldnt of said it better myself
Recording to logbook

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
2 months ago#160
Evan_Forever posted...
As far as we know, we're just paying for more pieces that's it. No one asked for padding. I reject the claims that they couldn't have done this in one game.

You can say that applies to things that are serial in nature then...

The only anti consumerism thing that you're proposing that holds up, is DLC.

The title and being multi part, isn't.

1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Stop putting your hopes in S-E, this remake is going to be a flop.
  • Topic Archived