• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Stop putting your hopes in S-E, this remake is going to be a flop.

User Info: KingPiccolo

KingPiccolo
4 days ago#111
I actually expect a train wreck so no hopes high right here.

User Info: cjtencounter

cjtencounter
3 days ago#112
Guru_Clef posted...
0/10

Please come again!

I hear ya, but I'm afraid his post is quite "valid" if you think about it. He has every right to think this if he wants because yes, all the evidence points to this.

Let's just wait and see and laugh in his face when he's wrong...but dammit, I gotta say, there's a chance people that think this could end up being correct. There's always a chance.

Final Fantasy has sucked for a very very long time now. I haven't beaten a FF game since, holy crap...2001. I've bought games only to be disappointed time and time again. I was ready to give up until suddenly the IMPOSSIBLE happened:

FFVII was actually winning a ton of best of E3 awards. Something I thought I'd never see happen. This alone has me convinced, for the most part anyway, that FFVII isn't going to be another FFXV.
TOP 5 consoles: 1. PS1 | 2. PS2 | 3. NES | 4. Genesis | 5. PS3

User Info: Awesome-Oreo

Awesome-Oreo
3 days ago#113
If trash like the XV can sell 7 million copies, I don’t see how this will flop.
You wouldn't buy half a burger, would you?
The officially ordained Necrid of the SoulCalibur VI boards

User Info: JVII

JVII
3 days ago#114
Awesome-Oreo posted...

Flop can be used to refer to any kind of failure, which includes quality as well. It's not exclusive to sales.

User Info: Relinquished

Relinquished
3 days ago#115
JVII posted...
Awesome-Oreo posted...

Flop can be used to refer to any kind of failure, which includes quality as well. It's not exclusive to sales.

So IX was just a double whammy.
Everybody 1) is a genius, 2) is an alt, and 3) has bad taste.
Justicecho posted...
Yeah I never understand people who claim remakes/reboots ruin the original. It does nothing to the original except for inform some people who never knew there was an original to begin with. I seriously doubt the people who watched the George Clooney Ocean’s 11 were thinking “This completely ruined everything about the original Frank Sinatra Ocean’s 11!”

Can see the annoyance of people taking the remake as fact over the originals though. I used to hate that when talking to people about X-Men in the 90’s and all their knowledge came from the cartoons which were super different from the comics. Or now people who quote MCU facts but don’t know anything about the comics and how the movies bastardize all the characters. Still doesn’t ruin the originals though.

well complex but simply put

same characters= so makes it harder to like them after witnessing the changes to personality's/designs

graphics... game will be way easier on the eyes...
fan of disgaea series and well between making some gameplay mechanics easier and making graphics way better
makes older games harder to play of same series its odd but few people actually have issues with this in some games more notable when controls become better and graphics become smother

and lastly the worst part.... the people (even more so the ones that didnt play original) as were in day age were everyone will blindly defend something to no end... even if its constructive feedback...

but hey to the next crisis core....(honestly i liked crisis core but people hate on it) so by that... i mean non-canon game
the following is sponsored by a lost bet...
play "maplestory" its fun! try it you will like it
1Tekkaman posted...
Thus far it looks more promising than FFXV ever did. You are jumping to conclusions.

By which metric?

User Info: swyg

swyg
3 days ago#118
Go back to 4chan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HArpL8SiUSw
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Testa-Rossa

Testa-Rossa
3 days ago#119
I've never hyped up 7 at all. It's nowhere near the best of the franchise.

The remake looks alright enough to try. It's also a full version of the only interesting part of 7.

User Info: FlameMagician

FlameMagician
3 days ago#120
Testa-Rossa posted...
I've never hyped up 7 at all. It's nowhere near the best of the franchise.

But it is though
FFXIV Loremaster
GFAQs FFXIV Board Discord https://discord.gg/2vhdf4K
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Stop putting your hopes in S-E, this remake is going to be a flop.
  • Post New Message