• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. While waiting for this...

User Info: LionHartZero

LionHartZero
4 weeks ago#1
I’ve seen quite a few people mention FFVI and I’m wondering if I should try to give it a go. I started my FF run w/ FFVII back when it launched and I’ve only played FFs that have come out afterwards, so I’m not sure about any others.

Was VI pretty good, and, if so, how would you go about playing it now? Any current consoles?
BloodBorne: OoK, 29. Me, 1. ...and I'm never coming back again

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
4 weeks ago#2
Was a great game IMO. I heard the Steam version was trash so don't play that version. If you have a PSX emulator that's probably the best way to play it

LionHartZero
4 weeks ago#3
Man....I’ll try to get one. Haven’t dealt with emulators in who knows how long....

Not crying about anything, but in this day and age I’m hoping that the graphics don’t sway my opinion before giving it too much of a chance lol. That’d be my personal issue to get over though
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: VanilleHopen

VanilleHopen
4 weeks ago#4
It's good.. overrated but good..

Lots of bugs and needs polished tbh though..

I guess I just have higher standards than the nostalgia fans?
Currently living on Haru's forehead from P5 and I have a huge 20 acre backyard.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: 7656198

4 weeks ago#5
I enjoy VI, but I prefer IV over it personally. Still, great game that you should play. Also, learn to enjoy sprites. Over the years they hold up better than 3D stuff, well older 3D stuff.
PSN: Snycher
Twitch @Snycherus & YouTube @Snycher

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
4 weeks ago#6
It's good, fun cast of characters. Wouldn't call it a must-play. If you haven't played Chrono Trigger yet, I think it totally overshadows VI.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP7lOxq8wmo8EACam5yamFuseoWkDOplr
GameFAQs Lounge playlist.

LionHartZero
4 weeks ago#7
Thanks guys. Trigger isn’t available for download on the Switch is it?

User Info: tylerghost93

tylerghost93
4 weeks ago#8
If you have some money you could get a snes classic and play it on that with an actual snes controller. If you don’t want to bother then just google retroarch. The mobile versions look kind of terrible imo, playba snes one somehow or even gba I guess.

User Info: sano83

sano83
4 weeks ago#9
I loathed it. It was bored the whole game, and if you are a completionist, you better stay the hell away from that game.

If you have spend some time in any of the boards of the franchise, you are probably already spoiled you about the twists.

I think everyone should play it, but I personally had a terrible time with it.

Other people have also liked Final Fantasy IV (enough to make it have two sequels), so you might give that one a try too.

On the other hand, Final Fantasy V is a really fun to play game.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
Garrus Vakarian - "So. Who needs their ass kicked now?"

User Info: jordina

jordina
4 weeks ago#10
Its in my top 5 FF games but avoid the PS version because its so slow. God awful loading times.

Gonna be weird and suggest the mobile/steam versions as they have quick loading times, better translated, QOL changes, extra content etc

Weird sprites you say? Means nothing to anyone with no nostalgia for the original.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. While waiting for this...
  • Post New Message