• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Make FF7 Remake a PS5 Launch Title

User Info: saint_zodiac

saint_zodiac
1 week ago#1
You might as well make FF7:R a PS5 launch game. Or rather they should have been from the beginning.

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
1 week ago#2
Why? The PS5 will play PS4 games

User Info: TimeForAction

TimeForAction
1 week ago#3
i'd wager they're eventually gonna do a remaster for the remake around the time part 2 comes out to hype up sales for the second part.
They already confirmed VII Remake is coming to PS5 so it actually may be launch title.

User Info: LionHartZero

LionHartZero
1 week ago#5
Guess I’ll be buying it a third time lol. Call me what you’d like as I’m sure some people may find it to be dumb, but I’ll support what I feel like supporting. This is definitely one of my top 3 games of all time.
BloodBorne: OoK, 29. Me, 1. ...and I'm never coming back again

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
1 week ago#6
f*** that noise.
http://i.imgur.com/T6rWBVu.jpg

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
1 week ago#7
Why? Then you're waiting an extra year for a game that's already done, makes no sense. PS5 is backwards compatible anyway.

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
1 week ago#8
saint_zodiac posted...
You might as well make FF7:R a PS5 launch game. Or rather they should have been from the beginning.

PS5 doesn’t launch till holiday 2020 would have to push back viir’s launch by a lot.

User Info: Hak

Hak
1 week ago#9
KarmelCHAOS posted...
Why? Then you're waiting an extra year for a game that's already done, makes no sense. PS5 is backwards compatible anyway.

Which doesn't mean that saves on the PS4 backwards compatibility will necessarily be compatible with native PS5 games, so your carry-over isn't guaranteed to go between the parts. There was save compatibility with some games from the PS3 to the PS4 (FFX, for example), but not for others, so don't assume that you will be able to generation jump on your saved progress.
The road to excess leads to the palace of wisdom....for we never know what is enough until we know what is more than enough. - William Blake

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
1 week ago#10
Hak posted...
Which doesn't mean that saves on the PS4 backwards compatibility will necessarily be compatible with native PS5 games, so your carry-over isn't guaranteed to go between the parts. There was save compatibility with some games from the PS3 to the PS4 (FFX, for example), but not for others, so don't assume that you will be able to generation jump on your saved progress.

Even so, we have yet to see what, if anything, carries over between games anyway.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Make FF7 Remake a PS5 Launch Title
  • Post New Message