• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Wait....native Japanese people pronounce her name "Aeris"?

User Info: Finis-XII

Finis-XII
2 months ago#41
GreenKnight127 posted...
Azaret posted...
That's completely nonsensical. You really didn't think that through.

What's nonsensical? The fact that Japanese people call her Aeris?

I'm just pointing it out.

Everyone is saying Japanese people call her Aerisu and stuff, but I'm hearing them call her "Aeris" in videos. So which is right, which is wrong?

And why are people so quick to shoot down Aeris? Japanese people themselves call her that.

Her name is canonically Aerith.

You lost this war a long time ago. Just give it up already.
"This close, I can hear your heart beating. Thump, thump...that's how you sound... <3" - Chie
https://m.imgur.com/gfiAZKK

User Info: Maxmilion

Maxmilion
2 months ago#42
Cobra1010 posted...
NeithOF posted...
Kingudamu Haatsu: Basu by Suripu

btw Koreans don't have the letter F so they pronounce coffee as copy

I dont get this. F is easy unlike L and R where you gotta manipulate you tongue a certain way.

It's not about "easy to do or not", they simply don't have any word in their language that uses it.

Go study "click language" and comeback here and explain on how that makes sense to the western sensibilities.
(edited 2 months ago)
(message deleted)

User Info: Cobra1010

Cobra1010
2 months ago#44
Maxmilion posted...
Cobra1010 posted...
NeithOF posted...

I dont get this. F is easy unlike L and R where you gotta manipulate you tongue a certain way.

It's not about "easy to do or not", they simply don't have any word in their language that uses it.

Go study "click language" and comeback here and explain on how that makes sense to the western sensibilities.

The fact that some sounds are easier to make and mimic than others still stands.
GG Riot - http://i.imgur.com/PinGPhR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Hs8Y1vQ.png

User Info: madmatt

madmatt
2 months ago#45
@BreakevenCloud posted...
It’s amazing how many people don’t know how language works

It's amazing how people try and talk like they know something the rest of us dont...

Hint, hint
There are no decisions that come regret free...

User Info: Maxmilion

Maxmilion
2 months ago#46
Cobra1010 posted...
Maxmilion posted...
Cobra1010 posted...
NeithOF posted...

The fact that some sounds are easier to make and mimic than others still stands.

the fact that those don't exists in other languages also stands.

User Info: deathtouch1809

deathtouch1809
2 months ago#47
there's japanese gameplay already and when Aerith is in the party you can clearly read AERITH in the UI.

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
2 months ago#48
GreenKnight127 posted...
spikethedevil posted...
He says Aerisu.

0:05

listen again. There ain't no "u" anywhere in dere, bruh.

It's the same as desu which usually just sounds like des. The u is still there, but it's subtle and nearly silent. Depending on who's saying it and their enunciation levels.

User Info: erAEISer

erAEISer
2 months ago#49
Oh lordy people,lol. Her name is Aerith but because there is no "th" sound in Japanese, her name is pronounced as Aerisu in Japanese. It may sound like Aeris at times because that's the way that the "su" sound is pronounced, especially at the end of words.+
-Angela says hi.

User Info: CryofthePlanet

CryofthePlanet
2 months ago#50
Most of the people in this topic don't even understand what they're talking about lol. Don't discuss things about another language when you have no knowledge of it aside from what a 10 second Google search finds you.

Also, Sephiroth has the same ending and nobody talks about that. Nobody talks about the Death spell either, which is pronounced "desu" in Japanese. No -th. Su fills the same role in certain contexts.
I do Final Fantasy challenge runs. Current: True Calc, Summoner SCCs (Tactics)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgNuISAyNrp23-ISHSkZdWw
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Wait....native Japanese people pronounce her name "Aeris"?
  • Post New Message