• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Barret's profile on the FFVIIR site has interesting info about his background.

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
1 month ago#31
YoyokuKO posted...
So, are they not called Terrorist anymore?
Its just Anti-Shinra Organization?

I think they always thought of themselves as Anti Shinra Org, but they’re essentially terrorist with lofty ideals.

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
1 month ago#32
No one cared who he was until he put on the arm.
http://i.imgur.com/80KHyGX.jpg

User Info: krossfire

krossfire
1 month ago#33
So instead of a bunch of chumps hiding in a basement of a seedy slum bar, AVALANCHE is now a world wide *anti-Shinra* network with franchises around the world with some lone wolf cells operating in some of the most populated places on the planet? Gotcha.
"Transcending history and the world, a tale of soul and sword eternally retold."
"Believe in your own justice."

User Info: Argonar_Alfaran

Argonar_Alfaran
1 month ago#34
It just means that lore from Before Crisis has been written into the new game.

The first Avalanche was also a very extreme terrorist group with several cells around the world, with Elfe being the Leader of the Midgar group during most of that game.

If I remember correctly at some point an inner dispute over their methods came up and a split happened, or almost happened. (Well a lot of other stuff happened too that basically led to the downfall of the group)

It just means Barret's methods were too extreme for the more peaecefull side of the group (which is the one that remained longer I think) and then went to Midgar to take up the old fight of Elfe's group.

Also no Barret didn't really start the fight to protect the planet, he was angry at Shinra for killing his friends and family. Only when he went co Cosmo Canyon he learned more about the Planet and the problems Shinra is causing which increased his determination to stop them.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Barret's profile on the FFVIIR site has interesting info about his background.
  • Topic Archived